Register now to get rid of these ads!

Little HellRaiser in training

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HellRaiser, Jul 13, 2009.

1. HellRaiser

HellRaiser
    from Podunk, NE

My oldest daughter is visiting for a few days. The grandaughters want to go for a ride in grandpa's "Hot Rod" that makes a lot of noise.:D So.....

View attachment 706367

View attachment 706368

Grandpa is going to take them flying next to see if that will be as cool.:cool:

Hot rods are for making memories

HellRaiser

2. Those smiles tell the whole story. Good times

3. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

You've got it buddy!

4. ProEnfo

ProEnfo
    from Motown

Grandaughters are great but you have to make them work for that ride or you might spoil them :D

" Hot rods are for making memories" ...well said.

CC

Attached Files:

5. NoSurf

NoSurf

Good times Dallas!

Have fun!!

6. no55mad

no55mad

Did you hit triple mph digits:D We missed our ride this year:(

7. Fogger

Fogger

When my daughter was little I'd take her for a ride in the 3W. The engine drone would put her right to sleep. Now we go for rides just for the fun. Little ones really like hot rods. Good going Grandpa, they'll remember, as you will, these great times together. The FOGGER

8. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

Dallas, thats very cool you'll have em hooked in no time

9. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

I'd say they hit the grandfather jackpot with you. Very nice Dallas. Gary

10. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

I want to be a Hellraiser too....take me flying grandpa!

11. DMFB

DMFB

You lookin to adopt any new grandchildren? I want a ride! haha

12. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Very cool Dallas!

13. halfcockedcustoms

halfcockedcustoms

get em hooked dallas,,I got the lil ones here that always what rides in the cool stuff

14. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

Awesome and very well put.

15. rob lee

rob lee
    from omaha,ne

16. Still Runnin

Still Runnin
    from VA & FL

This is a priceless photo, way cool

Attached Files:

17. Gerg

Gerg

looks like some good fun Dallas

18. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

haha..... i called ya last night...no answer...so i was sittin here TRYIN to catch up on the hamb and heard a crop duster go over the house...so i looked up your threads to see if maybe it was actually you dive bombin me in your new plane!!!!LOL but you were just on here this morn!!!!
    cool damn pics pops!!!!! hope i live long enough to see pics of me like that!!! course that would mean my daughter would have to make babies, which in turn would mean...well, they dont get the hamb in prison!!!!!!! :)

19. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

My granddaughter is a pretty good roadster copilot, but really likes riding in my '41 pickup daily. Good stuff. Thanks for sharing.

20. Jim-Bob

Jim-Bob

My 6 year old Gabby is HOOKED as well. She hangs out with me in the garage now, and is learning the names of all the tools...at least the ones I can call them in public!!!!

She refers to the BelAir as "her" hot rod...I love it!!!

21. HellRaiser

HellRaiser
    from Podunk, NE

Well, it's been quite a summer. The youngest one has probably had more fun going up and down the road in my electric wheel chair. (I'm saving it to terrorize the hallways of the old folks home):eek: Took them both up flying, and let them have a "hands on" session, so they can go home and tell their friends about it.

View attachment 726437

In return they've been giving me lessons in how to down load music, and make my "Play Lists" on the new IPOD they got me.

I didn't make Salina, and can't make it up to Wisc this week-end, or do some of the other car stuff these past three weeks. But's it's been a good summer. But, alas, good times must come to an end. I've got to take everyone to the airport on Monday so they can join up with dad over in Germany.

AND........from another grandaughter, who is a little older than these two....I'll be a Great grandfather come December.:eek:

Maybe I should have spent more time in the garage, instead of the bedroom, in my younger years, ya suppose???:cool:

Either you all are getting younger, or I'm getting older.:(

HellRaiser

Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
  22. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Dear Dad (Dallas), I still want to go flying with you. But as far as car shows go, there is still the Hamb drags, KC GoodGuys, Greaserama, and that new show in Wichita coming up on the agenda. Sincerely, your pretend son Paul.

23. HellRaiser

HellRaiser
    from Podunk, NE

[QUOTE=povertyflats;4198748]Dear Dad (Dallas), I still want to go flying with you.

But as far as car shows go, there is still the Hamb drags, KC GoodGuys, Greaserama, and that new show in Wichita coming up on the agenda. Sincerely, your pretend son Paul.[/QUOTE]

Dear pretend son (in training),

You've got to do your chores first, clean your room and get your stuff picked up and put away. Help mom with clearing the table and doing the dishes, help me wash the cars tomorrow, then we can go...:D

HellRaiser

24. rob lee

rob lee
    from omaha,ne

Glad to see ya enjoying them grandkids,there isn't anything better than that! Hope to see ya around,greaserama maby the hunnert? Later Rob

25. attastude

attastude

when they get the hotrod bug bite, beware. a few years ago my grandson Jon (53olds), had a serious tone in his voice when he said" grandpa, you know how sometimes people die?" I replied, "yes". he then stated " grandpa, when you die, I get your car!" from one Dallas to another...

26. Ghost28

Ghost28

I used to take my grandaughters for weekend rides until one weekend when I was feeling poorly. So grandma stepped up for the drive. Well when they got back I asked the little darlings how it went. And all they said was it was different, cause with grandma they didn't see (WAIT FOR IT) any horses asses, som bitches, or jack asses. Teach them well I've got three and they like noisy hot rods too...John

27. tbraginton

tbraginton
    from Nevada

I really can't stress enough the huge impact making memories can have on kids! With the constant stimulation they get from TV and video games its really important to take them out and do something... Just talking isn't enough plus how can you turn down smiles like that???

28. blown240

blown240
    from So-cal

My boy is only 1 and he begs me to take him to "drive" the car. As soon as I get home from work its "car, car, car, car..."

[​IMG]

29. Hat Man

Hat Man
    from Omaha, NE

I was thinking about you the other day. Good to see this post come up. I didn't know you had an airplane. Very cool. And it's a nice looking one too, vintage of course. I don't have grandkids but I can tell you wouldn't trade them for anything. See you soon.

30. Big Tony

Big Tony

priceless !!!!!!!