Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ranchero one barrel Carb manual choke conv. ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by leadsleadolds, Aug 6, 2009.

1. leadsleadolds

leadsleadolds

Im putting a new one barrel on the 62 Ranchero the carb is from a 65 Mustang (autolite 1100) and only came with auto choke I got one of the Helper kits from autozone to convert it to manual choke.

My question is there is a hole that runs into the main carb body dose it need to be plugged. Im gonna cap off the exhaust tube inlet but should I plug the other hole especial since its no longer air tight and has no pressure on it or heat in it. Dont know what the hole dose so I was hoping for some guidance.

2. RAY With

RAY With

I assume your talking about the hole on the lower part of the automatic choke and it does need to be pluged. Its a vacuum port as I remember and then just install the cable and arm and you should be in business.

3. leadsleadolds

leadsleadolds

[​IMG]
    the hole under the screw that holds the choke on it on the left, It cant be a vacuum hole if that thing regularly hooks up to the exhaust manifold

4. RAY With

RAY With

on this set up your hot line from the motor should have vacuum on it when running. I just take the brass nut and put a little solder on it and plug the threaded fitting

5. leadsleadolds

leadsleadolds

Its not threaded my car is not set up for the auto choke thats why Im converting to manual I'd rather be able to controll it with these temperamental inline 6 anyway instead of drilling and tapping the exhaust.

6. leadsleadolds

leadsleadolds

anyone else can confirm this