Register now to get rid of these ads!

A Brit in Boulder CO this weekend - Whats on?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by englishrodder, Aug 6, 2009.

1. Right then, I have to work in Boulder CO this week and land in Denver on Saturday early evening.

Any car/ rod events on, or where to look for more info?
    I know I could take a trip to the salt on Sunday(And may do) as i can get a cheap flight from denver to Salt lake then take a car.

Anything else on if I cant bag a flight?

Thanks
    David

2. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

3. Ghost28

Ghost28

Out east in strasburg saturday during the day home town days with a small car show 12:00 TO 4:00. Then on sunday same place a pretty good little show put on by napa 10:00 to 4:00 That's all I got...John

4. Landmule

Landmule
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If you're into Shelby cars the Shelby American Collection is open on Saturdays only. I think it's worth the visit. Stuff's not really HAMB stuff - but very cool.

5. yblockhead

yblockhead

I second the shelby american museum, as well as the forney museum of transportation. also if you like old bikes the local triumph/moto guzzi dealer has some nice ones on display, near coors field.
    If you really want to take a ride on something extremely old school, the gerorgetown loop train is amazing... restored steam train, 100 foot trestle bridges, mine tours, roaring rocky mountain streams next to the train... cant recommend it enough. search on georgetown loop. If you liked that, you can also take the "oh my god" road from idaho springs to central city, amazing, drivable in rental car, and free.
    Im leaving for the salt flats tomorrow....

6. Thanks, will try and catch as much as possible!

7. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

Sorry Dave, I am out of State right now or else we could have hooked up at one of the events.

8. chrislehr

chrislehr
    from Austin, TX

Shelby +1. Been there. Nice collection.