Register now to get rid of these ads!

One month till Bonneville speed week...Who's counting days?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lucky Burton, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Ricky Bobby

Ricky Bobby

2. KeithDyer

KeithDyer

We gonna head out from North Texas either Friday or Saturday.

So is Denise gonna put the HAMB Meet and Greet together on the salt???

Do I need to bring my big tent???

K

3. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

4. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Inspection will be going on Friday. great time to look at cars with body panals on and off. Lot of people standing around waiting their turn. happy to tell you how fast they are going to go.

5. GARY?

GARY?

Lucky, when it's time, it's time.:)

On the road in 2-3 days tops. Gonna' be a long few days.
    Anybody traveling from the NW 140 to 80 ? I'll be in the rusty model A pickup, hopefully chucking it along in the fast lane (slow lane is cool too)

I'm planning on heading out from Ashland,OR Wed. night or Thursday morning.

as Mel T-T-Tillis would say " B-B-B-o-o-oneevilleee woooo whoooo!!!!!"

We can only hope Jangleguy wrote a fresh diddy for us all at the bend.:D

6. 567trishop

567trishop
    from Australia

interested in how he runs

7. Zor

Zor
    from Phoenix

Has anybody heard how the salt is? I know as of almost two weeks ago it was good, any updates? How about weather for next week? I'm no longer counting down days, now I'm on hours.

8. aussiesteve

aussiesteve
    BANNED

Just got back from Cheyenne Wy.Drove up there and met EJ and the boys for breakfast as I won,t be at Bonneville to crew for them.Now I,m really pissed.
    The roadster is loaded for bear so hopefully they have a good week.
    Wasted Willie was also with them with another Ardun in his roadster.This time injected on gas(463 Hp on the dyno).
    Good luck to everyone racing and be safe.

9. Firefly

Firefly

Ohhhh, now there's a scoop! Shall I share that news with your wife when I am on vacation with her next month? Er, she did tell you she was going on vacation with me, right ?? :eek:

10. buschandbusch

buschandbusch
    from Reno, NV

hit Reno from Seattle yesterday after a hellsih 30 hour drive in our A-Team van. Were set to race a twin engine Suzuki Titan but didn't finish it in time. Mechanical difficulties now with the van abound but we should be OK, be there this weekend see you HAMBers there!

11. 26 roadster

26 roadster

packing the bearings on the trailer tonight, I am excited! (as an old man gets)

12. Kail

Kail
    from Austin, TX

any chance on getting a room for the weekend at anything remote to the salt? i head its going to be windy with t-storms

13. Kirsten

Kirsten

I'm leaving from Carson City NV. this morning. The report from the SCTA website says: "A very active weather system is moving thru the area with high winds but as yet no rain. Weather is predicted to improve this weekend. Inspections and setup continue on schedule." Weather for Wendover for the weekend is reported as: Friday, thunderstorms and wind with a high of 72, Saturday-74 with AM showers and Sunday looks nice at 82 and sunny...hope it stays dry and we miss the storm.

14. MarkX

MarkX
    from ...TX

Im countin the days till next year........... I wont be racing of course, and Ive heard the scenery is nice ...if you KNOW what i mean!

15. Kail

Kail
    from Austin, TX

okay since the 2 other guys going with me are pretty broke, getting a room seams out of the question, so i might be sleeping in trailers

I might need to rent a shower from someone, if anyone bails from a room or has extra beds call me 916-995-3052

16. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Try Motel 6 in Wells, NV
    Just checked online weather and only 68 in Wendover, with lite wind. Tonite and morning high winds and possible Thunderstorms. Have not seen it this cool this time of year for a while. Hope lots of racing got done today.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2009