Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Guy from Detroit area

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by red90vert, Aug 4, 2009.

1. red90vert

red90vert

Names Dave grew up and live 45-50 minutes west of Detroit in a little town called Hell, Michigan aka: (Pinckney)

Grew up wrenching on cars with my Dad and Uncle and have never stopped.

I restored a 1968 Pontiac Lemans a few years ago and gotta say Its not as easy as it looks on TV, it took 5 years, not a week. So everyone on here with a nice ride congrats and i'm tipping my hat to ya.

I'm currently working on a deal for a homemade T-bucket an old guy down the street started to build in the 1980s using diagrams and blueprints from an old Car Craft or hotrod magizine. Been sitting in his barn for 20 plus years unfinished.

When and if I get it i plan on making a metal Carson top for it and finishing it to where its somewhere in between a rod and a rat.....something that i can drive and beat on not worrying about stone chips , scratches ect.

Anyway, That's my story thanks for the space and the awesome website glad to find you guys and gals....

David James " the Motor City"

2. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Welcome. I'm south of you but in your neighborhood once in a while. Good luck getting it to be a driver!

3. red90vert

red90vert

thanks Danimal:

I work down your way around Adrian , Tecumseh way...

4. red90vert

red90vert

I should have said I will want my project to look more like a lakes style racer not a rat or rod!!!

5. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

All drivers are fun no matter what you call them. Mine is a jalopy/grocery getter

Welcome:D

6. carmarket

carmarket

I could only emagine how many barn finds are really in the Detroit metropolis area.Welcome Dave and keepemrunnin.