Register now to get rid of these ads!

Von Dutch swapmeet find

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by laid55, Jul 27, 2009.

1. laid55

laid55

someone believes that there may be a picture of this fairing on a bmw with a sidecar,in the article that Pat Ganahl did on Dutch' in an 05' issue of Hot Rod magazine.would anyone happen to have that issue?I don't know which month.
    thanks
    Rene

2. Concrete B

Concrete B

Some guys have all the luck. Real cool man.

3. Sage

Sage

laid55,

"Too Tall's" article was in the June, 2005 issue of Hot Rod but, sadly, no picture of a bike & fairing. I'll dig around some more and see if I can find any other articles on "Dutch"that might have your fairing.

I never got the chance to meet him. He was rumored to be attending one of the Nor Cal Rat Fink Parties w-a-a-y back when but he was too ill at the time to make the trip up from So Cal. That would have been cool. I get along real well with cranky old farts.

4. A Little Odd

A Little Odd

Sometimes telling the truth opens up doors...

5. BrandonG

BrandonG

This is what I was waiting on. Build the bike and ride it. The wall is for stuff to sit, Protected, until you get it on a machine. IMHO. It was made to have wind moving past it. Get it moving. Great find. Great piece of history. Would love to see a picture of the bike from the 60's. Good luck.

6. Truckedup

Truckedup

Ok,it's worth whatever some one is willing to pay for it. But...what would Dutch have charged back in his day to do a job like that? Adjusted for 2009 dollars of course :D

7. Look guys stop fighting over it...just hand it over to me and I will look after it.... LOL... Well done great find...

8. alexelchingon

alexelchingon

sorry Rene, but its not the real thing dude. Ill be more than happy to pick it up and get rid of it for you.....just kidding, congrats. killer find dude!!!!

9. chopt55bc

chopt55bc

i think you should paint it flat black, put the headlight in it, bolt it to the front of some half assed roadster, and call it "the cycle-ops". GREAT SCORE !!!

10. Johnny Deluxe

Johnny Deluxe

That is an awesome piece . Looks real no doubt . I have a Modern Cycle magazine from March 1965 and on the cover it says "what ever happened to Von Dutch " well inside the story tells that he is in hiding and still working on and striping motorcycles. I guess at this time he was sick of of striping cars.

11. congrats -great find !!

12. shortfataussie

shortfataussie
    from australia

Thats a once in a lifetime find, congrats.

13. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

14. CJ Steak

CJ Steak
    from Texas

Dude - keep this crap on the Jockey Journal

Someone had to say it. :D

Great find.

15. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

HEY! I know that mug! What's up man!? Nice score!!

This guy makes awesome Carne Asada!!! :D:D

16. You are one lucky SOB!

17. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Lucky find for you and quite possibly for the piece of art that may have been destroyed in the wrong hands. Now the big problem will be where to hang it where it is safe.
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

18. cyclejim

cyclejim

that's a hot item DUDE it looks like it'l fit my beemer ha ha

19. tuki

tuki

man thats sick.id love to stroll across that

20. Sure looks like the real-deal. If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say that the fairing is from the 1960s. Definitely one to have on display somewhere. Too cool! :cool:

21. James427

James427
    BANNED

I love it when somebody pops up an old thread from a year ago when it is something cool I didn't see the first time around.

22. 33hotrod

33hotrod

I would say its real! Those are the kind of flames he did on some cars! Look at the streamliner on the cover of hot rod from 196????????? Sorry I forgot, but thats how some of the flames were done! His signing looks like it too. 33hotrod

23. CADDY1

CADDY1
    from NEVADA