Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage minibikes

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by INJUNTOM, Jul 7, 2006.

1. porsche930dude

porsche930dude

made a rack for my minis to take to car shows and whatnot :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. guffey

guffey

3. Sean

Sean

Here is me and Dirty Donny at Billetproof a couple of years ago

[​IMG]

These are a couple of build photos of last years Strangers BBQ mini chopper give-away:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anyone got photos of this years Strangers BBQ Giveaway mini chopper, 61TBird here on the HAMB won it. Maybe he will post..

I will have Scotty post some photos of the Tote Goat he just finished up called "The Monkey Punch".

4. DrewDay

DrewDay
    from Austin, Tx

Heres two more that ive picked up in the past couple of months. The purple one is a K&S Deluxe model that i pulled out of a shed sitting amongst a bunch of old cars in Manor. The blue one popped up on craigslist the next week for a price that i couldnt refuse and ironically that one too is a K&S but its not a deluxe. My plan is to build the blue one to ride while i buildup the purple one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Choptop

Choptop

Here is a teaser for a little thing I just picked up. I can now say I own a Barris Custom :D

[​IMG]

6. gorilla

gorilla
    from Idaho

yeah show the monkey punch! the choppertones live!

7. DrewDay

DrewDay
    from Austin, Tx

Ooooh, please more pics :eek:

8. Ron Mayes

Ron Mayes

I have a Taco 100 and a flexo big bear scrambler that i,m getting ready to Sell
    but would trade for a 1/4 midget :D

9. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I have a cat250 mini bike,about 1970 I think. got it as just a frame last fall for 5.00 at the Glendale swap. Found a motor at yard sale for 15.00 (briggs3.5 h.p.), and just traded Jeem for some bitchin' 5 spoke American looking wheels. Can't wait to get it all together! About the same time I lucked into the other childhood dream, a go kart! That kind of took priority over the mini. I was at Day of the Drags in Austin about four years ago, and at one point all the action on the strip basically stopped because a pack of guys were racing metalflaked mini bikes down the return road! The die was cast, I knew I had to have one! I might ad a vote for go karts too!!

10. Oh man, is it a real Barris trike? I've never seen a real one, just the adds.

11. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Hey, just a thought since I posted an hour or so ago. Any Phoenix area HAMBers want to get together and "race" go karts and mini bikes once in awhile? I have a paved ally behind my house with a small parking lot at one end. And by race, I definitely mean drink beer, smoke cigars, and play with minibikes and go karts in the evening when it's cool! It's getting a bit tedious trying to beat my own times over my course !! If anybody is interested, give me a call at 602.881.0175 or send me a p.m.

12. Choptop

Choptop

yep, its a real one.

Saw it at the swap meet and stopped in my tracks. I pick it up soon... more pics to come. :D

13. skullhat

skullhat

tons of cool bikes guys, really love to see those tacos.
    heres one of my z 50's this is an early 68, 1st year for u.s. sale.

the other is a 69, came street legal with lights and a battery.

got a few others including a 1970 ct 70 i bought new and still have

skull

Attached Files:

14. I have a 1971 Speedway Scorpion, 4hp Tecumsech, torque converter belt drive. I am interested in selling. Any interest?

15. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

16. 61TBird

61TBird

"Concreteman" took this one;
    [​IMG]

At "home" :D

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 4, 2009
  17. tomsprops

tomsprops
    from LaLaLand

Here's one of my Barris Super Stockers along with George himself ! He was super excited to see it and couldn't believe any of these are still around !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Yeah, that would be cool. I'm getting mine put together, but in a garage that's 180°, it's hard to get much done. Hot Rod Ron has one, I think we can talk the Liberace into resurrecting one, and a couple of other fellows from Deans are building them as well.

Behold, "The SPANIARD"!

Attached Files:

19. INJUNTOM

INJUNTOM

Tommy, when are you going to flip that picture? I'm tired of leaning my head already. And Barris is going to fall asleep in that position...you know how those old guys are. :D

20. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Jeem - Your garage is only 180f ? Your not doing enough welding ! Maybe we should wait a bit until Phoenix moves a bit farther from the sun! But it does sound like a good time to be had! Good thing too with my place is that when the downtown go home whistle blows for all the "desk job" types down here, my street gets pretty damn quiet. I've taken to doing my top speed testing down hoover street lately!

21. I had an original 1949 Doodlebug Hiawatha in about 1953. It had a kick start Briggs & Straton with some kind of a wierd clutch that ran a v-belt to a chain jack-shaft. I have a picture of it somewhere, but can't find it right now.

Here's a picture of one I bought new for my 7-year old son in 1974. It's a 1973 Honda MR-50. 2-stroke with a 3-speed trans and clutch. It was about the ultimate running and handling kids bike of it's day.

JG

Attached Files:

22. we have a "bobbed"Rupp and a couple of project frames & engines that we have not gotten to yet

23. Sean

Sean

Here is Scotty's (HAMBer cadillac nut) Tote Goat he kindly named "The Monkey Punch"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. gorilla

gorilla
    from Idaho

man don't you have more pics of that seat??? ;)
    whoever made that is pretty talented...

25. that "monkey punch" is sweet !

26. edweird

edweird

heres mine! i named it widow maker because of the guys it's tossed on there @$$ ! it's got a wheelie bar now. by the way, it's got a 5 hp honda.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 4, 2009
  27. "Whitey Ford" 62 Uni

"Whitey Ford" 62 Uni
    from Tampa, FL

Oh that is f-ing awesome.....i just got my frame painted this weekend. Ill post pics later cause Im out of town but that this is awesome man. I want to build a side car so bad...

28. creepyjackalope

creepyjackalope

Here is one I scored from a buddy. All original 1968 Wildcat with a ski attachment for the front forks. I am thinking it will get tore down and customized this winter.

Attached Files:

29. edweird

edweird

thanks whitey! we have a blast wid it. i'll be riding it around at maxton in sept.

30. Lazy White Boy

Lazy White Boy

Here's my Mickey Bike. I found it last month at the swap meet.

Attached Files: