Register now to get rid of these ads!

Big Freeport, Illinois cruz nite Aug.2

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rusty1, Jul 31, 2009.

1. ...just thot i'd let you know, the big downtown Freeport Illinois cruz nite is tomorrow nite, they get around 6-800 cars, maybe more, lots of good variety, burnout contest, muffler rap, good food, etc,...and they actually cruz a circuit if you want.

2. truckedup 28

truckedup 28

might c me there

3. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

This is about the only time my daughter wants to ride in any of my old cars. LOL She asked me this week what we are going to drive this year and I told her probably the truck. Her comment was, "Yes."

4. Project 56

Project 56

we were there. my uncle took his forty ford out for one trip and got mayors choise.

5. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

Was that the white sedan? Kool car if it was. I found your Stude sittin in the dark by it self. Did not know where the rest of your group was. Never found your brothers car either. Glad he made it back.

It was a big show this year. I think there was over 600 cars there.

6. Dukeofbluz

Dukeofbluz

i heard this was the last year they were having it. That true?

7. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

Just after any auto related event in Freeport, they tell you its the last one, then list a lot of reasons why. This one was # 26, I believe, and each one was the last one. It has survived date changes, unfriendly mayors and police cheifs, and was canceled once because of storms, but its still going. Once the # of people that were there, spending the amount of money they spent is figured out, there will be another one next year. Figure 600+ cars at mim $5 each of which at least 300 paid $10 to park in the lots at a show that was paid for by businesses, then add in the food purchased, and the tickets bought for the kids things, I promise it will be back again next year. Gene

8. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

I have not heard that yet. Might just be some people startin rumors like always. I can't not imagine after this year they would quit.

9. Project 56

Project 56

Yea we all made it we got together in the library by the end of the nite. And no not a sedan a prostreet it was white with a 440 dodge with a blower

10. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

Oh yea I remember that car cruising past the parking lot. I knew of someone else that said they liked that car too. He thought it was a chevy. LOL