Register now to get rid of these ads!

Craziest find ever....Maybe my luck is changing!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DMFB, Aug 2, 2009.

1. DMFB

DMFB

I'll keep this story short and sweet, since I already posted it once and it logged me out, lol. Boo. Anyways, this isn't a barn find story, or anything of the sorts, more of a rare find of people. Last month me and a couple guys from the HAMB were hanging out at a car show and we met this dude. He was telling us about this super clean (solid shape) 54 Chevy Bel Air that he had, that he had dumped a lot of money into, but was out of money, skills, and time. We didn't talk about it much more than that, but dide exchange numbers. He calls me a few days ago and asks if I would interested in the 54. I told him that money was a little tight with us just relocating here to Texas, and with me building my 40 pick up. I asked what he wanted for it, and if I couldn't swing it, I knew of some people that could. He said no bro, no cash, I am looking to just give it to you. He said I love the car, and want to see it go to someone that can finish it, and make it cool. I was now wondering the condition of this thing, haha. I drove to his house...a mere 5 miles from mine. He opened the garage door and I about fell over. He said he bought it for 1800 three years ago and it had been in a field here in East Texas for 19 years. I found that very hard to believe. It has 1 rust spot on the rear fender about 1 inch by 1 inch. Other than that, no dents/dings, no nothing. It is the straightest thing I have ever seen. He has at least 3500 in new parts still in the boxes he just gave to me. A full air bag system from Air Ride Technologies and a Mustang II up front. The interior is even all there. All of the glass is good and great shape, except for the windshield, it has a nasty crack. Anyway, he sat there with title in hand, and said if I wanted it she was all mine. I have always had the saying, if it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all. Well, maybe things are turning around for ol' Danny Brown. So, I got her home today, and took a few pics. I will post them on here immediately following this thread. Enjoy! and a HUGE thanks to Manuel for the bad ass 54...I will make you proud brother!

2. DMFB

DMFB

3. Very cool, your "car"ma is strong. Looks like a 210, no BelAire trim.

4. Kreepea_1

Kreepea_1

Good for you! looks like some good karma fell on ya!

Edit: Tman looks like you and I was the same and typing it at the same time.

5. bygeorge32

bygeorge32
    from Canton, Ga

wasn't christine give away a few times after killing her owner. just giving you hell cause I'm jelous. I just gave $1,500 for a 54 bel-air in the same shape. You got one hell of a deal.

6. DMFB

DMFB

Well, I'm building this for my wife to drive....so maybe the 54 going "Christine style" and taking the owner out wouldn't be so.....haha, I kid I kid.

7. racinman

racinman
    Member Emeritus

Take care of the man that gave it to you... maybe he just needed a friend... You are a lucky or Blessed Man!
    racinman

8. The Lone Wolf

The Lone Wolf
    from Malta

That's awesome man!!
    Good luck with and keep us posted

Positively green over here by the way!

9. Sounds like how i got my 54 merc i did a bunch of body work on the car got paid for it the owner calls 3 months later giving me the car because he had a stroke.

10. selohssa

selohssa

Nice score. It's good to see that some people are still interested in benifiting a car rather than just $$$.

11. moter

moter

Congrats on the score!!

12. belair

belair

glad it was your turn

13. fantastic! I salute the man who gave her up, he knew it would be in good hands. Make him proud!

14. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

Guys like that give us all hope in a country that thinks money is everything!

15. Patrick46

Patrick46

Totally nice score.

Keep up the Karma...by taking that wonderful fellow out for the biggest steak he's ever seen!!!!

16. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You realise when you wake up the memory of this dream is gonna suck badly!

Doc.

17. very cool, i had similar thing with my ot truck. tirns out the owner who gave it to me,(an old mate i hadnt seen in awhile) has only got two years left thanks to the big c. im doing whatever i can for him to make his last days more comfortable. be good to people and good things will happen to you.

18. rc.grimes

rc.grimes
    from Edmond, OK

Awesome deal. Karma can be a great thing.

19. solid

solid

You must be livin right...good for you...what a cool guy(friend)you found.

20. DMFB

DMFB

I've been pinching myself for about 3 days, haha. I'm am super glad I met this guy, not because he gave me the car, but it's always nice to be around genuine people. That is a trait that is all to far and between these days. I'm stoked about the entire situation, and will definitely keep everyone posted. I already sanded it down and I'm gonna put some primer on it to see what I'm lookin at. Yeah, I'm obviously not excited or anything, haha.

21. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You are officiay the luckiest SOB on the board now. Good on ya', hope you and your mate can enjoy the car.
    Doc.

22. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

wow. better do him proud. that's unbelievable.

23. blackrat40

blackrat40
    Member Emeritus

Maybe after you fix it up and enjoy it for a while,then you give it back
    to the giver?
    ...talk about karma!:cool:

24. ok my turn....anyone have a '54 they want to give me?

25. low-lincoln

low-lincoln

You scored! Consider yourself blessed, you must have made a good impression on him since he called you. Keep us posted.

26. OldSchoolSS

OldSchoolSS
    from WI

Wow, you are one lucky guy. You must be doing something right for this to come across your path. If I were you I'd be giving this guy yearly Christmas gifts and a ride in the car when ever he wants.

27. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Now you have a new avatar pic!

28. von zipper

von zipper

29. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Very nice. Now ask him what you can do for him.

30. 48 Poncho

48 Poncho
    from Tennessee

I'll give you your money back for it and even throw in another $500 bucks. Seriously Lady luck sure smiled on you. I'm with Poverty...ask him what you can do for him. This is a great find.

48 Poncho