Register now to get rid of these ads!

Speed Week Meet & Greet Sunday Aug 9th

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodladycrusr, Jul 22, 2009.

1. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

More then likely I will forget about the HAMB meet & greet like I did in Austin. I am like an 80 year old man with dementia when it comes to being specific places at specific times. I just get wrapped up. So if you see a feller that is 6 foot tall about 200lbs and looks like he has no business being there, it's me. Remind me if you can. Just kidding but not really.

2. Kramer

Kramer

Well if you have the time and are coming up I-84 from Idaho, hiway 82 east out of La Grande to Joseph and Wallowa Lake is a very nice drive. There's even a tram at the lake that takes you 3700' above the lake, with a little resturant at the top. http://www.wallowalaketramway.com/
    My daughter used to live in Joseph, very beautifull area. She coincidently now lives in Spokane.:) Well just east of Spokane anyway.
    Then if you go north from Enterprise (a small town between La Grande and Joseph) up into Clarkston/Lewiston WA. Then from there 195 into Spokane. I have not driven those roads however and do not know the condition or scenic value of them. Google map or mapquest Enterprise OR and you will see the area I'm talking about.
    Good Luck.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2009
  3. Kramer

Kramer

Oh, and the deer may not leave you alone either.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. How many cars do you have pre-registered this year?

5. modernbeat

modernbeat
    from Dallas, TX

Yep, just got back from the Pikes Peak Hillclimb. :D Been having fun with cars...

6. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Then I guess you're not going to be a day ahead of us. I am meeting Malcolm in Omaha mid-day on the 5th and we will then drive to his Dad's place in Hastings for the night. SLC on the night of the 6th BUT if we make good time we could just continue on to Wendover. I'll call Bob or you the afternoon of the 5th and see where you're at.

7. Leon

Leon

We'll be getting to Bonneville Friday, would love to join in on the dinner Friday if there's room. I was going to work the course but because of my back I'm going to have to lay off that this year, so I'll be available for the shoot on Sunday.
    Looking forward to seeing you again!

8. Bobby Green

Bobby Green

I'll see you there Denise...

9. Zor

Zor
    from Phoenix

IL GIMMI and I will try to make it. We'll be spectatin'.

10. waldo39

waldo39
    from Illinois

Goin' to be there and have been since '02. No car this time. Just a crew member. BobK usually passes us on the way out in Nebraska.

11. yblockhead

yblockhead

Ill be there too... as a first time spectator!

12. Greezy

Greezy

Nosurf Jay, Hiboy Jeff and myself will be there. look for my 40 and Jeffs 32.

13. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

14. t-rod

t-rod

I'll be there Sat. the 8th but only that day. Second time there, first as a Hamber. Hope to meet a bunch of you then.

15. ALCAN AV8

ALCAN AV8

We won't get there until sometime Monday. Hope we don't miss too much.

16. See ya'll there...

17. pinman 39

pinman 39

Hi ,We are all supposed to be adult so let me say two things .Meant in the best of ways.

1. Respect the Salt .

2. Drive Safe .

18. modernbeat

modernbeat
    from Dallas, TX

Gotta cancel - big problems with the racecar. Not worth bringing someone elses car out to the salt just to debug electrics...again...

19. nexxussian

nexxussian

Modernbeat, sorry to hear that.:(

We are here. Checked in at the ho-tel and everything, gonna be in line early to go out and get a pit stall (or at least that's the plan:D).