Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help please...on glass.....Thank you.....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jakedreamer, Aug 1, 2009.

1. Jakedreamer

Jakedreamer

I have a question about windows......can you get a plexiglass window curved to fit a 54 Buick? Is it cheaper than oredring NOS or replacement? Places to get them, and if they are DOT appreoved.

2. manyolcars

manyolcars

The guy on ebay is selling cheaper than anyone else.
    real glass

3. I'm not even sure what the hell you're talking about but my answer is still NO!!!!
    all the side glass is flat and the windshield and back glass in plastic is worthless on the street and not DOT approved

4. Jakedreamer

Jakedreamer

I have heard of people putting it in there cars. It is calleed lexan. Police use it in there cars.

5. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

Lexan in the windshield is not DOT approved as stated. Lexan or Plexiglass are great for the track. Keep your eyes open on Cragslist and Ebay and check the HAMB classifieds. One might just pop up. I always looked at Lexan as a waste of money because eventually you're gonna want to use glass anyways. Just get the glass on the first go around.

6. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

i think the police use lexan for the divider between the front and back seats,,,,

flat glass is cheap,,,

the windshield and rear glass should cost you somewhere around $200-$250 if i'm not mistaken,,,

7. 51fleetline

51fleetline

lexan sux bro !!

8. Jakedreamer

Jakedreamer

Well thanks everyone, I think I got an answer. I wasn't really going to go with lexan I was just curious on if it was able to use on roads. Thanks.

****Rocky, if you see this feel free to take it down now.

9. smithchassisandmetalworks

smithchassisandmetalworks
    from louisville

hate to bring it back up jake... but check out percys speedglass, we used it in the roadster colorado