Register now to get rid of these ads!

Greasarama In Kansas ...good Show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by POCKET, Sep 5, 2006.

1. Was Out In Kcmo Last Week .. And Made It Out To The Greasarama ,..

I Drove My Brothers 62 Cad ... Purple Primer W/ A Purple Flaked Roof... And Had Von Mex Stripe It .. That Kid Is Super Cool...

Just Wondering If Anyone Else Was There ...

And The Movie Was Cool Toooo!

Way Cool Show .....ill Be There Next Year For Sure

Keep An Eye Out For A Spread In Kustoms Illustrated

2. Ilkl Get Some Pics Posted Afte I Down Load My Memory Cards ..

If You Live In The Mid West Make Sure To Go To This Show Next Year ..worth A Drive .......

3. stank468

stank468

Ya, I was there.. It is a good show. It has been held at the El' Toreon for a couple of years. It just moved to the Boulevard drive-in. I rode in on my old Panhead.

Rods, beer, music, chicks....What else could you want?

:D

4. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

have it on a saturday, not the same weekend as goodguys

5. What Does Good Guys Have To With It ???

I D Rather Walk Around In The Dust And Drink Beers And Look At Cool Cars Then Walk Around Goodguys And Look At Gold Chains And Trailer Queeens ..

I Thought It Was Perfect To Have The Same Wknd As Goodguys ..

Although I Did See A Couple Good Guys Cars Parked In The Back .....i Wonder If That Was There Trailers Against The Back Fence Too ?

6. raven

raven

I was there with my club (knucklebusters; MO) and some friends from the HAMB (KCMongo, dkmoody and sodbuster was there too).
    Best show of the weekend.
    r

7. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

attendance. more people dishing out $$$ means better future shows. Goodguys gets all the press. Greaserama is never mentioned. There were probably a hundred spectators at goodguys that would have rather been at greaserama, just didn't know it. the drive-in was a perfect setting, but if we want a paso-pileup size event here in kc it needs to get out there to the masses. its our duty to convert the heathen masses.:D

8. Ahhhh.. I Got Ya .. I Took Ya Wrong And Thought You Meant That Since Goodguys Was The Same Wknd You Couldnt Do Both ..
    As Far As Money You Are Right .. And They Need To Promote The Show Better .. Needs Some Magazine Coverage .. And Thats What Im Gonna Try To Help With ..and Hopefully Other Mags Will Catch On Maybe ..

As Far As Spectators ... Lots Of People That Go To Good Guys To Look Wouldnt Understand What The Deal Was Anyway .. . Seemed Like There Was A Good Amount Of People At The Show As It Was .. Hopefully It Will Keep Gettin Bigger ..

9. KCsledz

KCsledz

It was as fun show! I got a couple fo pics and a ride in KCTA chris' hot rod! Wicked cool! I will try and get a pic or 2 up tonight.

10. HEY MAN .. I LEFT YOU ONE OF MY CARDS ON YUR TABLE .. I GOT SOME POSTERS FROME A FEW WEEKS AGO .,. .

11. Sticks

Sticks

Hell yeah it was a good time. I went down on Friday night and went to the Goodguy's show raced around the track when went down to the drive-in to see the move then went back on Sun to the Greaserama car show to show off the 59 chevy bel-air. Very cool.

I've got a ton of pic's but the Guy's at Wal-mart scan to CD shit broke just before he could get my disk's done.

Hopfuly I will get then in the next 2 day's or so.

Sticks

12. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Goodguys actually had their event the same weekend as the "Greaserama". It has been on labor day weekend every year. I kinda' liked the Sunday only gig, hot sun/dusty cars(haha)/quite a few looker's walking by in high heels (on gravel, haha), and a neat movie to top it off. Oh yea, and "Honky" played with one of the former members of the Butthole Surfers and there were about 15 people standing around listening to them.........

Chris Nelson
    Kansas

I think that I have a shot of "VonMex" striping your car........that kid is good.

13. COOL ... MAN ...

14. Pops

Pops
    Member Emeritus
    from Tulsa

We had planned to be there. Planned on going to an area show here on Saturday, then making the drive to KC on Sunday. Have family there, so free room Sunday night, and a nice drive home on Monday. However, the best laid plans can go awry - like injuring my back - so I got to spend the whole time on my back trying to get ready for work today. Well, there is always next year. Sure hope someone post some pictures so I can feel worse for not being there.

J.

15. I think Greasearama stands on its own and cant be compared in any circumstance to a lousy GG show!

16. rotten03

rotten03

I was there. It was a fantastic show. I posted a bunch of pics over on OSR. Here's the link. I'm too lazy to post like 20 pictures again. As for it being the same weekend as the GG show. I'm happy as hell that I went to the Greaserama instead. I drove 7 hours in my '51 to get there. Barely made it back but it was worth the adventure.

17. Whiskey

Whiskey

Wow its awesome to see such a god response to the show...as far as promoting and gettin mag coverage we actually do pretty good at that we had a feature in ol skool rodz and had full page adds in ckd ...not to mention a couple of punk rods and l won't name names infiltrated good guys this year to pass out flyers...oh yeah hear that good guys we got your ass!!! Either that or they were to scared to stop us at the gate hahaha
    As for Von mex man its always good to have that kid at shows with me we layed lines long into the night...by frickin headlights haha it doesn't get much better than that...Anyway Thanks to everyone who made it!!!....we plan on doing it again at the drive in next year with another kick ass movie!!

Till Then
    Viva Los Punk Rods!
    Whiskey

18. Didn't make the trip, I got an excuse. Hmmmmm leme see it must be here somewhere. :eek:

I have been waiting for a pic or two, but alas once you get out of the loop you're all the way out I guess. :rolleyes:

Well maybe next year.

19. chopper daddy

chopper daddy

20. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

I think you missed the point.

21. KCsledz

KCsledz

All right you whiney BITCHES!!! Here are what appealed to me. THere were more cool cars but i could only steal so much time away from the booth before I felt guilty about asking Brad withthe stuff next to me to keep an eye on his and my stuff.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      69.6 KB
      Views:
    • 7.jpg
      7.jpg
      File size:
      72 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      95.4 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      80.2 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      65.8 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      70.6 KB
      Views:
    • 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      File size:
      95.7 KB
      Views:
  22. KCsledz

KCsledz

Anyone else get pics?

23. Sticks

Sticks

Hey man, i'm still waiting for mine. I use the old 35mm film.

I've got a ton of pic's but the Guy's at Wal-mart scan to CD shit broke just before he could get my disk's done.

Hopfuly I will get then in the next 2 day's or so.

Sticks

24. heinekendesign

heinekendesign

anyone know if this is coming up again soon?

25. slow cheetah

slow cheetah
    from missouri

Sept 5-6...I believe?!