Register now to get rid of these ads!

O/T I want out of cincinnati

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dieselc, Jul 31, 2009.

1. dieselc

dieselc
    from ohio

Ok I know this is off track but I want out of cincinnati and ohio all together. I cant stand it here. I know all citys have their problems and if you ask someone they dont like their city. So Im thinking maybe Texas, or Georgia. Im a mechanic by trade and currently working in a factory as a machine repair maintence person. It pays better than working on cars, I just know that I want out of this area.

2. 94hoghead

94hoghead

Head out for Austin, Texas. What a great town!

3. I stayed out in texas for about a year. I loved it! Wish i could go back.

4. Georgia is a great place ... come on down, and be sure to bring that Olds with you.

5. Mudslinger

Mudslinger

I hear ya! I hate Dayton.

6. duste01

duste01

Its alot nicer an hour south of you.....come on down.

7. dieselc

dieselc
    from ohio

I thought about Austin, sounds like a fun city, my girl was thinking of going to graduate school in Savannah Ga. she graduated from the DAAP program at U.C. My Olds will come with me along with my Model A. I hear you on that Mudslinger I spent a whole lot of time in Dayton, too much. Thanks for the input everyone hope to hear more.

8. Oklahoma is where it's at. We have decent weather (if you don't mind a little heat), low cost of living, a stable economy, cheap housing, great mexican food, decent looking women, the craziest midget west of the Mississippi. "What more could one person ask for?" you say? Don't forget the twist off. Plus, were 3 hrs from Pistons-n-Paint, 6 hrs from the Round-Up & 4.5 hrs from the Leadsled Spectacular in Salina.

[​IMG]

9. dabirdguy

dabirdguy
    Member Emeritus

I don't blame you.
    I escaped 2 years ago.
    Great place to be far from.

10. JK don't forget the tornadoes.......

11. agtw31

agtw31

dont be so fast to fly away,folks elsewhere are saying the same thing about where they are.

i lived in columbus until 1982,then moved to atlanta area,thinking anything is better than this shithole state.
    i lived in georgia for 11 years.two wives later,and here i am back in columbus.

tried west texas for 3 months,to hell with that,nothing but dirt and heat,or when it rains it floods.

nicest area i found to live in was in the triad area of north carolina.i loved it there,and if i move again,that is where i am going back to.

12. Shhhhhhhh!!!!! Besides, they only go for the mobile homes.

13. shock

shock

Well shit how do you think us Detroiters feel, we want out and can't aford to move !

14. Texas is a great place:D

15. Well, Atlanta, that's the problem. That's supposed to be one of the most expensive places in the country to live.

I'd do my research before going anywhere and make sure at the worst case you're only jumping from the frying pan, into another frying pan, and not into the fire. I have a shot to land within an hour or so either way of Herhsey and Carlisle, I think I'm going to go for, but I'm still checking things out to make up my mind.

16. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

you can have my place here in Jersey, my gal wants to move down to florida, so thats my next move. the only problem with Jersey is well its Jersey. Only kidding. Good luck.

17. Just don't come to California - We got too many people that wanted out of where ever they were; especially Mexico, South East Asia, etc.

18. Big Khaunaa

Big Khaunaa

stay the Fu@# out of AZ

just kidding come on down but be warned it a 120* here

19. Chevytruckin98

Chevytruckin98
    from Tx

Just dont go to California, over priced, overrated snooty state.

Come out here to TX. well take you, great ppl, great food and great cars

20. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

I make almost double what my cousins in Oklahoma do for the same exact type of work, jsut something to keep in mind. Hell Tx is already full of outta towners anyway whats one more gonna hurt.

21. yeah whats wrong with that???? oh yeah its MANUFACTURED HOME!......:rolleyes: I can make fun of them I live in one and would never go back to a site built,more cash for the toys and travel

22. CoolHand

CoolHand
    Alliance Vendor

Come out to BFE Missouri.

Avoid STL and KC, and you'll be good.

If you can afford a crappy little house in Cinci, you can afford a good sized house, on ten acres of ground, with a pool, and a four car garage in rural MO.

I'm just sayin' . . . . . .

23. You can stay the hell away too :D

24. I'd go to Texas if I could just get reincarnated one more time. Love the folks down there.:D

25. Howeird46Chev

Howeird46Chev

I notice no one responded from Savannah. I am 66, retired @ live at the tip ,top of Va. If I was going to move it would be to Savannah. Great restaurants,bars and southern culture. I have heard the hot rod scene is pretty good. Either way theres a large Art and Design School there so Booze, Broads, Beaches and Hot Rods ,,what more could a guy ask for?????

26. LovelyBones

LovelyBones
    from Tyler, TX

Decent looking women...sure...

Texas is where the hotties are ;)

I live in Tyler. It's not as big as Dallas or Austin (so that traffic is not as big an issue), but it is a super nice area to live in. About 100,000 or so people. It's a nice in between kind of city...not too big...not to small. Weather down here is great...except for the humidity...and okay the unpredictability. The economy is doing really well in Texas, at least where I am at...I can't tell you how many people I have met in the past couple of months that have moved here from other states or even surrounding cities for economic reasons.

Oh...and the mexican food is MUCHO better in Tejas :D

27. vertible59

vertible59

Oh yeah...and Virginia too. Gotta be God's country!:)

28. That's cuz you got more mexicans!

29. dieselc

dieselc
    from ohio

I'll tell ya Texas is sounding really good.

30. vertible59

vertible59

Yep, I'm with you on that. Mine is on 9 acres and it is PAID FOR...no bankers breathin' down my neck. Tried that stick built deal in a neighborhood with one of those fancy names. Houses so close together that you couldn't cuss the cat without the neighbors gettin' hair between their teeth. And don't even think about unloading an old car in the driveway...They were screaming eyesore before the last wheel hit the pavement. Not for me...guess I'm just one of them redneck hermits everybody seems to enjoy lookin' down on, but I could care less. Think I'll go piss off the porch now.:D