Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Washington state Eastside VS Westside reliability run

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jadeidol, Jul 28, 2009.

1. SPEEDBARRONS

SPEEDBARRONS

Basically east of the mountains is where us wealthy tropical rain-forest real hotrodders types go to use our sand box, we buy our cars cheap there, make sure our crops are cheap enough for us to turn a mighty profit, and get dirty on the weekends....its like going to a third world country.....plus you guys are protecting your leader....Dan King.
    I fail to see how we can lose.

2. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

Not to mention dry storage for all those potential projects. There's nothing better than a climate controlled warehouse in Moses Lake. Thanks guys.

3. Ole_Red

Ole_Red
    from 206, WA

you guys should race to Ellensburg... that way i can walk down and check out all the rides! eh i dont mind driving to vantage though.

Hey Eastsiders.... i'll work on a road block that stops them in the Burg till 11:59AM!

4. I wouldn't worry too much, if Doug's driving his black rat rod over that should road block enough

5. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

Why don't we just meet there today and get this over with. You be there at noon and I'll see you there.

6. Save it for the race Doug, save it for the race.

7. SPEEDBARRONS

SPEEDBARRONS

last time I heard, bitches get stitches....nobody diss's my mens....I got you Duggy

8. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

Don't any of these guys work, I mean come on? If it wasn't for appearance money you and I would have to work at something but there seems to be a disproportionate number of do nothing guys around here. GET A JOB! The Nazi and I are damn tired of supporting the rest of you.

9. SPEEDBARRONS

SPEEDBARRONS

*sigh* yes Dug, tired of supporting these lay abouts, ten years ago I figured out how to patent breathing, the government has paid me well over the years, but I'm thinking about turning over the rights to a non-profit group dedicated to breathing. I want to dedicate my life to smoking now. and purchase already running old cars like in spokane

10. You mean you guys actually mess with cars that don't already run??? That sounds like a lot of work just to drive an old car around!

11. Kustombuick

Kustombuick

This sounds like a blast.....The Misfits would be down for this type of run...Alan

12. Think I'll just run up the Vantage grade a few times in the '38 and sell 1 litre bottles of water to all you poor bastards that overheat on the way home. After all it's only a 10 mile pull from the river to the rest stop west bound. Great idea guys. Wish I had a flattie.

13. redbeard

redbeard

this is a great idea.

it is funny, we went on the Auburn run this last weekend, and most of the cars were flathead powered.

and I said, man we should do a flathead only run.

I guess I am not the only one.

good luck on the run.

post pics when your done.

14. oldebob

oldebob
    from Spokane WA

"Back in the day" the State used to keep open top 55 gal drums of water filled alongside the old grade. Thats a long grade in damn hot country and those old farm trucks hauling produce and hay over to the coast put them to use. There was a lot of old cars in Vantage, Moses Lake and Ellensburg that died on that hill and were abandoned. Some of us took a detour on the old grade on the way to Hotrodama a few years ago. Kind of fun instead of the interstate. Follow signs to Ginko Petrified Forest. You end up in "downtown" Ellensburg. Not a bad road, just narrow and curvy. I'd recomend it for the West guys return trip.

15. Mr.Gasser

Mr.Gasser

Sounds like a good time count me in!

16. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

All kidding aside, this is a long way off and an event bigger than the HAMB. If it doesn't interfere with a certain Poker Run I'm in and would like to help organize...long way off, trues? but let the screaming begins...........

17. That said Doug, Jadeidol, OldeBob and I sat down tonight and figured out everything for the run. We were thinking Saurday, September 18th, 2010. We kept the poker run in mind, we don't want to interfere with that (thats a little later, right?)

So, heres what we came up with. Basic rules to the game, but really the key thing is to have fun and have a great day enjoying the finest machinery made.

1. Flatheads only. This is anything flathead- bikes, cars, trucks, farm machinery, ect...but it must drive there. IF YOU BREAK DOWN, it will still count if you are pulled or pushed in. We hope this just means that you have a problem on the way and roll on in, not being towed the whole way. NO TRAILERS! This is a run, not a damn Street Beast show.

This is a Washington run, but we invite anyone to participate. Oregon, Idaho, Canada, etc. You just must choose a side to represent before hand. Each car will be reqired to have an "E" or a "W" on it during the run, so we can get an honest final count. Count will begin at noon at the meeting place (yet to be determined).

3. And finally- not to be an ass, but this is a FLATHEAD run. We only want Flathead cars. If you drive something non-flathead powered, your side will be docked 2 flathead car points. So, I'm sorry if this upsets anyone, we don't want to exclude anyone. Just build a flathead car or hitch a ride. If anyone wants to bring a trouble car/trailer this is fine and will not dock your side. We will probably figure out a way to pre-check the cars before hand, that way OHV cars cannot run on one side or another (E or W) to dock points for a gain to the opposite side. Maybe have to check in with the designated side leaders before the run(John, Bob and myself on our side, and Steve, Josh H and Doug on the other). This is still unclear, just want to make it fair for both sides.

You guys have over a year to get your cars/bikes/trucks/implements ready. Lets do this and show the world why the PNW is the best place for a hot rodder to live!

We will be bumping this thread thoughout the next year, and making up flyers to hand out at runs.

Oh and Doug, I love you. More than any man should.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2009
  18. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

. How about allowing the vintage (pre??) hotrod guys (with motor swaps) to tag along for fun (might need some pushes up the hills)

19. I tell you what. John Bob and I will talk and we'll see what happens. Like I said, we are not trying to be rude or uptight, but do want a flathead only run.

You know, get a flathead adater to Chev bell and drop a 239 in your 57....it'll probably run A LOT better :D

20. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

I would not be bringing the 57, was thinking my 48 woodie.

21. Chris this is going to be great fun ! Now that you have shared the "love" I have the "warm fuzzies" ahhhh ! Sounds like your right on track, look forward to hearing more in the near future !

22. Kiwi Tinbender

Kiwi Tinbender

Would be neat to see Indian and Harley Flatheads,lots of Bangers, a few Lincoln V12 and Cad powered cars.....Loud Packard 8`s.......Dodge 4`s, Ramblers.....Did Henry make any of those `V` design 8 cylinder jobs? If any really exist, that is....nah, probably never see any.....

23. gup

gup
    from Washington

Chris, I agree 100% with your statement about keeping this a flathead only event. Right now I don't have a flathead powered vehicle , but this event has inspired me to either drop a flatty in my coupe or just start thrashing together another car. And I believe that is what the whole spirit is behind this run. Like you said in your rules " Either build a car or hitch a ride" If you start letting a few OHV's tag along then the next thing you know they will out number the flathead cars and ruin the whole idea of this reliability run. I am not trying to sound rude or tell you how to run this thing. I am just giving you my 2 cents.

P.S.: You Eastside boys are going to go down faster than
    Doug at a truckstop glory hole.:D

24. Steve, you worry me with your all too descriptive analysis of monkey lips...

...not that I was thinking the same thing or anythin':D

25. Chris, so as to not dock points for OHV can we have an "S" category for "Spectator"?

26. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Shouldn't be an issue...if a group of guys are travelling together and one breaks down, everyone usually stops to help to get her fixed....so either they all make it by noon or no one shows....haha.
    All for one...one for all....

How 'bout '54 ond older OHV's? They wouldn't "count" for each side, but no penalties either....plenty of traditional NW cars running early ohv's. If Flatheads ONLY, then so should any parts chasers, tow rigs, etc. to help the east guys make it....

Any LATE MODEL chase vehicles should be counted as -5... (Aerostars, Subarus, etc) haha.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2009
  27. rodncustom

rodncustom

There always needs to be drawn a line somewhere. I understand the wanting of everybody to be included but as soon as one "okay" is given there will be more OHV cars then flatheads, like someone mentioned earlier. Not to leave anyone out, but that's why there are rules. There are other events that allow for a mix, this is just not one of them. In my opinion, flatheads only, period. One, maybe two support vehicles per side.

28. antiqueautomike

antiqueautomike
    from Spokane

The guys @ Antique Auto Ranch are stoked! I'm the webmaster for the T Club in Spokane I'll be jacking up 100+ Model T Guys to get their cars ready!:D

29. Thanks for the guys that understand. Yes, it is "FLATHEADS ONLY". I talked to John, and like mentioned before we feel that if OHV cars are allowed it will ruin the spirit in wich we intend to bring. So, as stated earlier, either build a car or hitch a ride. Late model support trucks will not dock points, and will more than likey bring up the rear anyways. No worrys if a truck/trailer or 2 wanna follow the herd...if not someone might wish they would have :D

So, like mentioned earlier- flatheads only please. OHV's will just loose your side some points, so we'll have to plice each other. And I also strongly point out that we are not doing this to keep anyone out. Anyone/everyone is welcome as long as it is in a flathead powered machine.

30. Joe King

Joe King

Oh Crap!

where did I throw that stupid flathead.