Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dream car and rare parts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bill Van Dyke, Jul 30, 2009.

1. PurplePearl50

PurplePearl50
    from Sedalia,Mo

The greatest thing that I could bring back would be the memories and the experiances that could be taken from the past. I mean shit I could go to 1952 and watch Sam Barris lay out the lines and start cutting the Hirohata Merc. You could see how the cars we all admire where really built.

Knowledge would be the most valuable thing over and car part that has ever existed.

2. Jakedreamer

Jakedreamer

Amen to that!!

I would bring back a fricken CRRRRAP!! load of 1956 Buick Special brake boosters. So I wouldnt have to try so hard to find one.

3. mike1951

mike1951
    from Colorado

What about Drop Tanks?
    Oh and Wayne Heads for my inline chevy...
    Caddy Flatheads...Mcollough Super Chargers..
    Along with the other high dollar stuff mentioned...
    Try to find a few Lincoln Zephyrs
    And adding actresses Audrey Hepburn...

4. 1946chevytruck

1946chevytruck
    BANNED
    from london ,ky

also so 41 willy's and other years willys also james dean spider

5. myoldcrap

myoldcrap

1953 Vette......

6. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

Kicked my ass with that one. Im with ya!

7. Hell I wouldnt come back. I would work for Barris then Hines then all you guys would be paying homage to me. LOL

8. Now thats funny!! I never left........Jim

9. metalshapes

metalshapes

'56? Money no object?

Scoop the Norseman off the Andrea Doria, before it got wet...

10. poofus1929

poofus1929
    from So Cal

That's what I'm talking about.

11. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I would go to every RSL (VFW) and spend a shit load of money on what they need/want/would like, then sit down and buy them all a beer or two and record their story's.

Doc.

12. scotts52

scotts52

Along with some of whats already been mentioned, I'd have to bring back some HD's and Indian bikes.

13. kustomkat

kustomkat

I just wish I could have been there at all....

14. dabirdguy

dabirdguy
    Member Emeritus

Rock and Roll was just beginning. I'd get a load of the limited edition records that came out of Sun and all the other rare labels from that day.

I'd go and sit with Eddie Edmunds and get him to stash all his molds for me.

I'd hire a broker and give him accounts to manage and tell him what stocks to buy and sell and when.

I'd go by the Disney studio and buy up the cells from the animated movies they did before they washed them for re-use.

As you can see, I've played this game before...LOL.

15. I'd go look for my F-1 to see what it looked like 'sorta' new. Then just hang out until '57 and buy a Fairlane 500, a J-2 Olds, a Fuelie Chev, and then scoop up a nice '40 Ford coupe to tinker around with. I'm not coming back either.

16. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

per Jupiter Zone (FNG):

"if we're talking planes I would be buying Beavers, Otters and cheap DC3's"

You can still purchase DH Beavers and Otters, DC3s are a maintenance nightmare. I mentioned the 190s and 195s because they are classics. I neglected to mention my alltime favorite (and one of the few civilian aircraft I've never flown) - the Beech Staggerwing. DC3s will take a ton of abuse, but that's not what flying is all about these days.

Sometimes I think the DH Beaver or the Chevron Blue 55gal oil drum is the Alaska State flower....fly over enough of that state and you'll run out of fingers on which to count either one.

dj

17. MoonshineRoyal

MoonshineRoyal

Hemis, hemis and more hemis. Plus I'd stay a little while and buy a brand new 1958 Plymouth Belvedere. I'd also convince Stephen King not to write Christine (though it is one of my favorite books) so the movie wouldn't be made and all those beautiful Belvederes and Savoys wouldn't be destroyed (12 of them, thanks a lot John Carpenter).
    Don't even get me started on the Hollywood starlets. Marilyn, Veronica Lake, Jane Russell......you know, on second thought, I don't think I would come back. :)

18. Airborne34

Airborne34
    from Texas

Amen!!!

19. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

Man I could write a book about what I would bring back. But I would like a chance to tell my friends not to do the things that cost them their lifes.

20. Bill Van Dyke

Bill Van Dyke

Good on ya Doc.

21. Jupiter Zone

Jupiter Zone

We lived in Alaska for nine years, below King Salmon in the little village of Egegik. The Beav on floats is my all time favorite plane. Prop, those three where one heck of a lot cheaper in 56.
    There are getting to be fewer and fewer 3's and I'm sure keeping them in the air has got to be a nightmare now days. A guy up in Alaska flew salmon off the beach when we were there, if I remember correctly the name of his outfit was Sal Air?

22. petritl

petritl
    from Marion, TX

How about going to Oklahoma City to explain to them their idea to bury a car in a cement time capsule next year wouldn't work.:rolleyes:

23. phukinartie

phukinartie

hahaha!

24. ChromePlaterJosh

ChromePlaterJosh

You know, if you just want to make money you could simply go to the 80's and buy as much Microsoft stock as Gates would sell you. That would yield an obscene amount of money right there.

I'd want to experience the times of the 50's, especially the plethora of truly awesome cars. Heck, being born in '84, I feel like I missed everything and showed up for America's downward spiral. I'm just glad I am old enough to have heard WWII vets tell their stories in person. From all I have heard and read, the 50's were a different world.

25. Fordguy78

Fordguy78

I would probably buy me a '30 Model A coupe and a 354 Hemi for it. It would have all the best parts from the era. And I would not come back.

26. bcook07

bcook07
    from Illinois

id just like to see what it would be like to live in a generation of guys that are not dumbass import tuner guys. (im 20 fyi)

i would love to have a flathead in a 32 ford. i would buy all the original ford tooling i could possibly get my hands on.

27. Pick up a bunch of NOS stuff for Henrietta the '38 Ford pickup and Ozelle the '55 Ford, as much as I could bring back. Start with NOS grilles for both and NOS bumpers for Ozelle. Pick up all the good solid Model T's and A's that you could have bought for $25 a copy back then.

28. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

i'd kill to be lucky enough to spend ten minutes in the era i was intended for..

29. Mac_55

Mac_55

Every willys coupe i could find , A few fuelie 57 verts, Ardun heads, Id order a few crates of the NEW rochester fuel injection units to bring back with me. a hand full of nomads and tri 5's , Id buy up a bunch of dirt , if something important sits there today , i want to own it yesturday lol.