Register now to get rid of these ads!

Flathead Aluminum Flywheel ID please!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pinstriper40, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40

Two pre '48 ford flathead Aluminum flywheels. Two questions.

1. Von Esser flywheels- when where they made, what is known about quality, who's got one, etc...

2. I've found a flathead flywheel that has no manufacturer name on it, but it does have a 3 small castings of a lakes style T roadster, an early Miller style Indy car, and a race boat on it. Any idea who made it? My first thought was Eddie Myer but I'd think he would've put his name on it. There is no evidence of removal of a name of manufacturer.

Both of these flywheels are for regular sized flatheads, not V8 60s.

Any help would be great! Thank you very much.

2. Here are a few pics Joel sent me.

Attached Files:

3. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

Might be an ALBRO.

Eddie Meyer never made a flywheel......or key chains or teardrop fuel blocks or license plate toppers!!

CB

4. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

Albro's Will have the name

Attached Files:

5. My friend John has that same flywheel with the cars and boat on it, but it's for a SBC.

6. ardunpinto

ardunpinto
    from WACO tx

Its an eddie meyer

7. It is an early Schieffer flywheel. Before they developed and patented ALBRO flywheel technology.

8. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

Wrong......Eddie Meyer never marketed a flywheel.......trust me......I am a friend of Bud Meyer and I have this information directly.....
    '
    CB

9. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40

Thanks for the info- I hadn't heard of Eddie Meyer flywheels... It was just a guess on my part. So... I'm going with early Schieffer... how early is early? Anyone have any idea about the Von Esser flywheel? Looks like a cut-down steel flywheel, but it's made of aluminum- I swear the name sounds familiar but I haven't been able to dig anything up. Thanks again for the replies so far!

10. showrod

showrod

Bill Von Esser opened the first speed shop in Chicago sometime in the 1940s. give me a minute and I will check my von esser catalog. I have a photo album dedicated to him on my profile page. sharing a small portion of memorabilia I have collected.