Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Pinstripe galore or bust!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gene Rator, Jul 2, 2009.

1. TKuhl

TKuhl
    from Pac NW

like the discussion so far....

might be off topic, but with so many of you paying attention, i saw some work about 4-5 years ago or so, i wanna say it was on a blue 53 chevy at the mooneyes bbq (memory hazy) but i distinctly remember the pinstriping on the dash was cubic in nature, and had a nice star burst or two. a kind of space age feel i guess. i have not seen anything like it since and am killing myself for not having a camera there...any one seen anything like it?

2. pdc

pdc

Practice, Practice and more practice hope to be as good as all ya'll are. B BOTTLE4.jpg

B BOTTLE3.jpg

B BOTTLE1.jpg

B BOTTLE2.jpg

3. pdc

pdc

Sorry for the neck cramps.

4. flameboyzero

flameboyzero

Anthony Whites work..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. 00 MACK

00 MACK

Wow John! Thanks for posting these. Your pics are far better than mine!

6. ragtop35

ragtop35

7. ragtop35

ragtop35

Guess I will include the picture

Attached Files:

8. Amazing work as usual Anthony. Analytical, ever-evolving and always striving for perfection, you continue to inspire.

Interesting and insightful comments on post #2 (Anthony) and post #3 (Andrew). Thanks!

9. DHP NM

DHP NM
    from NM

Anthony White is the reason I stopped drawing my designs 2 years ago and also went back to the Green 00 Mack. thanks bro

10. Shane Spencer

Shane Spencer

Stripin is one of the hardest art forms to master. Ive gotten numerous offers from major art schools for drawing and painting, and although i have good skills there i could never get a grasp on striping. I think stripes can accent a car perfectly or make a car as gaudy as all get out. Its a true art form. Mad respect to all you stripers out there :D

11. ANTHONY'S WORK WAS & IS ALWAYS AN INSPIRATION. HERE ARE MY LATEST.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. DHP NM

DHP NM
    from NM

my tool box
    [​IMG]
    a panel
    [​IMG]

13. pinman 39

pinman 39

I have really enjoyed this thread I really admire those of you that can do this work.
    Has anyone out there ever done a register and made a list of Stripers from around
    the country?I travel the Northwest and have seen some neat stuff .I applaud the young guys that don't always know betterbut are trying .Does anyone rember a guy named Tom aka the Montana pinstriper ? I use to see him and his family traveling in an old school bus from show to show .He was a very nice person and very religous .
    I asked him at a show one day how he could be so religous and stipe on sundays ?
    His answer was that the good lord have him the talent to stripe and provide for his family .That if there were oppertunities for striping on Sunday that is was Ok to stripe on Sunday.I found that to be interesting did not mean to go ot.Everybody keep striping.

Montana1 likes this.
  14. There is a registry of stripers,sign artists,and airbrush guys on Letterville.com.You have to be a member to peruse the site but it's free.
    The guy you are referring to is Tom Rambo.I met him several years ago at Marshall MI Back to the 50's where we were both striping.Both Tom and his family are VERY nice and down to earth people.I used to get postcards from around the country from him occasionally.

Montana1 likes this.