Register now to get rid of these ads!

Alignment shop in So Cal?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tooslow54, Jul 29, 2009.

1. tooslow54

tooslow54

Anyone have a lead on a shop in OC or the LA/OC border that can align a king pin car? I work in Costa Mesa/Santa Ana and live in Los Alamitos, but will travel if I have to.

Keep tossing the hubcap off the front pass. side and have tried swapping wheels and caps and it only comes off that one specific wheel (even at very low speeds). I'm hoping the alignment solves the problem, but if not the car still needs it.

Thanks!
    Aaron

2. John Denich

John Denich

Lee and Sons Alignment on Harbor in Fullerton does great work and he is a hotrod and custom guy!!!!!

3. tooslow54

tooslow54

Cool. Very familiar with that area, what's his cross streets? Oops, Just did a search and found him.

Thanks!

4. John Denich

John Denich

5. 52style

52style

when im in so cal east county alignment in santee does my cars they are he best in the industry all they do is alignments from customs to extreme off road ive seen them do it all there

6. TRAMPKING

TRAMPKING
    from SGV

bear frame and wheel in covina

7. John Denich

John Denich

HUH thats over a hundred miles from Los Alamitos....

8. Psycho66

Psycho66
    from Buena Park

whenever i drive by Anderson Alignment i always see classic cars. stopped in once and they had no problem saying the could align my cadillac (after i do the front end bushings its going there). its off garden grove blvd and western. worth cruising by and checking out.

9. TV

TV

If it were me I would take it to Nate Jones in Signal Hill THE BEST.--TV

10. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey,

There's Miller Alignment in northtown (North Long Beach) on South St. & Walnut Ave. One of the few left that knows shit from Shinola 'bout old front ends!

Swankey Devils C.C.
    "Spending A Nation Into Generational Debt Is Not An Act Of Compassion!"

11. Another vote for Anderson's in Garden Grove!!! jeff knows his stuff and worked for Santini way back when.

12. Berky

Berky

I'll put another vote in for Millers in LB. The place is a dump but they know their stuff. They have worked on most of my old cars.

13. xtralow

xtralow
    from So Cal

Glenns Alignment in Costa Mesa, heard good things about them and I have seen some nice older cars sitting there.

14. vik morgan

vik morgan
    from Houston

I have to go with pimpin paint here. Miller's is awesome- great people, good work, and cheap

15. DrJ

DrJ

Ditto.
    Been there too.
    They were doing everything from big trucks to Willys gassers when I took my '40 GMC there.

16. GothboY

GothboY
    from SoCal

You know what, I have no beef with Millers alignment in long beach, just the one guy they kept having work on my 68 caddy. I don't know his name, but he kept f-ing up my car every time (like 6 times in 2 months) it went over there. The second to last time I went there my shock absorber fell out on the way home. That was the last straw after all the other stuff that happened. I had them replace my shock and never went back. The guy who runs millers was REALLY nice and helpful, and HE GETS customer service. Its hard to find people who "get it" these days. I just want them to get rid of that one guy. This was also about 3 years ago. Hopefully that guy left by now, cause like I said the guy who runs the place is really a great guy who knows whats up.
    -GothY-

17. GothboY

GothboY
    from SoCal

Sorry for the double post here, I forgot to ask... You said you tried swapping rims. Did you try a different hubcap? It may be just a little warped or something. I had that problem with an old dodge. Kept loosing the hubcap off the pass rear. switched that cap to the front and then i kept loosing it off the front. Got another cap, and put the warped one on my spare. No problems anymore. :D Just an idea... -GothY-

18. cool37

cool37
    from SoCal

Glenns Alignment...good work..and close to you..

19. tooslow54

tooslow54

Thanks for the replies guys, now I just need to decide.

As for the caps. It's really kind of a weird deal. I got the car back together about a year ago and drove it all over with no problems. From Los Alamitos to Bob's BBQ in Irwindale, a few months later to Dante's Luau in San Pedro and not one cap came off. Those are fairly decent treks and I got her up to at least 65mph on the freeways. Shortly after that though I tried (and failed:mad:) at re-doing some of the body work and re-painted the car so I had all 4 wheels off. When I put all the wheels back on it immediately started tossing the cap but only off the right side. I've tried moving the caps and wheels around and it still just tosses them off the front pass side and at very low speeds (less than 10mph).

My last attempt will be having all 4 wheels balanced and get the car aligned, if that doesn't solve it then time for new caps.

On a side note: If anyone knows of someone that wants to trade body/paint work for race car stuff let me know. :D

20. tooslow54

tooslow54

Looks like that'll be the ticket. Close enough I can probably do it on a lunch break. Looks like they know their way around these types of cars:

http://www.eglenns.com/html/the_cars.html

Thanks again!

21. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

22. 40 HP

40 HP
    from 90045

Also Johnson Alignment in Torrance off Hawthorne Blvd. They've been there forever.

23. I have also used Glenn's many times. You won't be disappointed