Register now to get rid of these ads!

intro from rapid city SD

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by slammedtudor, Jul 15, 2009.

1. slammedtudor

slammedtudor
    from rapid city

hey yall first off the names kyle,im 18 years young,and im originally from sioux falls south dakota. i moved down to rapid city for a year to go to the best school ever, HOT ROD INSTITUTE. o man its the best. anywho my project for school is a 1929 model A tudor sedan thats been chopped a wopping 7 inches and now its goin to be gettin a new frame and all complete with a one off air ride setup done by me. ill keep yall informed :D

2. Welcome from Central Valley Ca.
    I have been through Rapid City, thought is was nice, I liked the Wall Drug anyway. and the Badlands are pretty cool.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2009
  3. awbcrazy

awbcrazy
    from Arvada, Co

LOL because you have to be in there and go to the right areas. The biggest killer in South Dakota is alcohol...
    Not preaching, I like my beer and drinks .....but not to the extremes they take it too. Nothing like being frozen solid next to a tree in a park.

I apologize for my rants...I had a horrible two years there...so it's my personal experiences , maybe not everyone else's.

PS...look closely at the hairs under his bottom lip.....that's ice! He was walking with another drunk...his friend kept walking after he saw him almost get run over and fall down. I called the police and they came and scooted him on his way..after rubbing his chest really hard with a fist to wake him up!....that's one of the problems, just push em' aside....not the right thing to do.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2009
  4. Johnny C.

Johnny C.

Hey, welcome from Nebraska. I spend am in Rapid City alot for business. I was going to go to the Hot Rod Institute a few years ago but ended up taking a job here in Nebraska. Seemed like a cool school though.

5. chevy69

chevy69

a few yrs ago really ?? its only 1 yr old lol just sayin

6. chevy69

chevy69

and welcome to the forum!! im sure you will love the school i need to come back up and visit i was apart of the first 5 students to enter the school when it opened and 1 of the first 5 to graduate last december

7. Flatheadguy

Flatheadguy

Welcome from SW Nebraska. Hmm, that passed out drunk sorta looks like a urinal. (smiling)

8. btoovey76

btoovey76
    from NE

Welcome! Sounds like a cool project, any pictures?

9. And you say this with a straight face living in OMAHA? Shithole of nebraska? From the looks of the steps and the drunk gent you lived in NORTH Rapid. Every town has people and places like that.

Welcome to the Black Hills kid. Lots of fun stuff going on around here. There is a swapmeet next weekend.

10. Welcome aboard-been to rapid city everytime i went to sturgis
    good to see how you are doing-keep up with updates
    welcome aghain from davenport iowa

11. madjack

madjack

Welcome to a bit of heaven, I'm up Deadwood way

12. Stubbe

Stubbe
    from Rapid City

You'll love the school, post some pics of the new class stuff. I'm sure Jamies treating you pretty good so far.

13. 6inarow

6inarow

Hey, I lived in Omaha for 7 years. Parts of Omaha relly suck. Next time I'm there I'll take you to some places that are worse than Rapid. (BTW get rid of the photos, you moron, them man has a demon he cant get rid of, no need to mock him) Even so I don't hate Omaha - a place is what you make it.

Anyhow welcome to the HAMB from Brookings, and have a great time in school. Put an inline in your rod..........

14. garagerods

garagerods
    from Omaha

"....And you say this with a straight face living in OMAHA? Shithole of nebraska?"

Hey!!!

Welcome from Shithole, Nebraska.....

Anytime you want to party with kool kats....give South Omaha Turds a call!!

Caio!

15. awbcrazy

awbcrazy
    from Arvada, Co

Geezuz.....I have not logged in for awhile, but I get a PM asking me to remove the photos of the drunk. WTF? I am not trying to start shit, I should have not mentioned it....but whatever.
    Shithole Nebraska? Omaha is the best and largest city in Nebraska. I was born here and I know there are shitty spots here....North Omaha , land of the shootings....but hey, I live South West and it happens out here too....just not as often.
    I spent time in Rapid City and for ME....it fucking sucked! I got ripped off, car broken into lost thousands of dollars in tools and electronics while I was there and went BROKE trying to make it. I lost my lawnmower because I put it next to my shed? What the hell man...I am sorry if the photos offended anyone, but it's not all about that ONE drunk. That was an example of the barrage of drunks that traveled my neighborhood daily. I know for a fact that my stuff was stolen by these "guys" so they could pawn it and get their next drink! So I say FUCK THEM! Pisses me off to think about it again, so next time you think I am picking on some poor drunk fighting his demons.....think about that if you get all your shit ripped off that you worked hard for years to buy! :mad:

Even if I don't like Rapid City......WELCOME TO HAMB. :cool:

16. OSchlab

OSchlab
    from Omaha

Easy there young fella. We all got our problems no matter where we live.

Welcome to the hamb

Omar

17. awbcrazy

awbcrazy
    from Arvada, Co

I am easy....going that is. I see you are in Omaha too. Maybe we will run into each other some day at a car show.

18. Welcome from Iowa, It is nice to see young blood in our hobbie. Later

19. redheadrodder

redheadrodder

I am currently going to Hot Rod Institute as well, howdy Kyle. I'm in the process of building a 27 Chevy Tudor Sedan tub. I'm in my first class right now so I've only gotten as far as the frame but its coming along nicely. I'll post pics once I figure this site out a bit. Oh yeah, Kyle, finish your damn car.

20. hotrodnewby

hotrodnewby

Welcome from NW Iowa!

21. chubbie

chubbie

back from the dead?

22. rockguy92

rockguy92

Welcome from O-HI-O
    The Rock