Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage King of Clubs 2009 - Pictures

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SanDiegoJoe, Jul 26, 2009.

1. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

<table style="width:auto;"><tr><td>[​IMG]</td></tr><tr><td style="font-family:arial,sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right">From King Of Clubs 2009</td></tr></table>

<table style="width:auto;"><tr><td>[​IMG]</td></tr><tr><td style="font-family:arial,sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right">From King Of Clubs 2009</td></tr></table>

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  2. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

See all the pix I took: http://picasaweb.google.com/poutous/KingOfClubs2009#

- Joe

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  3. Cool pic's! I see Strays showing there support.
    Did the Purple People Eater do a full Pass?

4. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

I'm pretty sure that the PPE made 2 passes.. one of them Full On

5. madpole

madpole

looks like fun. i need to make the trip next year.

6. flying clutchman

flying clutchman

That sky blue early nova was FAST. The pass i saw it make was 5.4 sec in the 1/8th and crossed the line at 89 mph. 5.4 in the 1/8th mile and it lifted!!! that was the highlight of the day for me. how fast did the PPE run?
    diego

Last edited: Jul 26, 2009
  7. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

Not sure how fast the Purple People Eater's run was... maybe one of the Shifters can chime in..

- Joe

8. Philbilly

Philbilly

Cool pics. Thanks for sharing.

9. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

Looks like a hoot!

10. poorboy

poorboy

11. Slick mo fo

Slick mo fo
    from San Diego

Rockin good time boys.
    We're already lookin forward to next year.

I was hopping they'd keep the track open instead of closing it after the event. I wasn't done havin fun.....

12. Razor72

Razor72

Thanks Joe for helping me find my way to the freeway! I needed it, I wasn't about to find it in the dark(I'm scared:eek:). Funny thing was, not long after I got on the 5n and passed the hotel circle my fuel pump gave out and AAA had to take me the rest of the way home. haha!! Oh well, another thing to fix. :D

Last edited: Jul 27, 2009
  13. cool37

cool37
    from SoCal

Thanks for sharing....cool pictures!

14. dvz

dvz
    from San Diego

Try lookin down the track from this vantage point...

[​IMG]

15. Humboldt Cat

Humboldt Cat
    from Eureka, CA

Nice coverage! Makes me hope for that kinda turn out for the Nostalgia Reunion in August, at my track.

16. Humboldt Cat

Humboldt Cat
    from Eureka, CA

What's the yellow house on the other side of the track, there?

17. Cad67Deville

Cad67Deville

It was a concession stand that wasn't open.

18. dvz

dvz
    from San Diego

Might as well put this one up, it's gonna happen sooner or later... The Lifters version of a trophy for the winner in the "Full Race" class. The Mas Chingon trophy goes to the Road Devils. Great job Puddin, and good to meet ya. Lookin forward to seein ya at Primer Nats. Also great to see Axle and the Shifters make the trek. I was really lookin forward to makin a pass with the PPE! I fucking love that thing, and it would have been classic Poncho vs. Poncho.

Mas Chingon
    [​IMG]

19. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

Yes, it was hot, but man was it fun.

This was by far our biggest turn out and a big thanks to all the clubs in attendance.

I hope those that did not make it out this year will put it on the calendar for 2010. Hell, maybe even I will tow one of mine out for the next show and race.

It was really cool to drink beer with Harley and Gary of Deadbolt before they played. That had to be a high point of 2009.

20. Saw the nice little chevy in your avatar cruisin' through Ramona Saturday morning...nice ride

21. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

Cool pictures looks like you guys had some serious heat out that way.I'ts been blistering here in Texas for the last 2 months all though we just now getting some much needed rain.Thanks for sharing!!

22. billys54

billys54

nice pics, great show

23. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

[​IMG]

Any pictures of the purpleish car just to the right?
    Thanks in advance...:)

24. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

Oh, damn Ray - that sucks man... I know, cause the same damn thing happened to me in my Chevy a week ago. I signed up for AAA from the side of the road.

I didn't see that trophy at the show Dale... Mas Chingon - too damn funny.

Nope... I uploaded all the pix I took. I was pretty nice, if I remember correctly, though.

Yeah it was a fucking blast! Thanks to the Lifters for a kick ass time.

- Joe

25. Badfella

Badfella

Sure is good to hear all the positive comments! Thanks for the pics Joe:)

26. colorado51

colorado51

Awsome! There is nothing like a real hot rod getting the wheels up at the track!

Last edited: Jul 28, 2009
  27. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

You are welcome Joe... the only thing that was missing Saturday was you taking that new wagon of yours down the dragstrip.

- Joe

28. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Awsem picture of dale doing a wheel stand, that was the second heat but dale red line. first heat , butch red line . third heat dale won , it was bitchen ,realy close, dale's e.t.7.692,Butch's e.t. 7.915, thanks dale for leting us do best 2 out of 3, last year dale won first heat, second heat dale blew his tranny, butch blew his crank, these guys give it their all. He is el mas chingon! King of clubs race : Richard Benson blew the doors off of victor mack , last year´s winner of street compition Catkiller´s e.t. 8.305 bean bandits e.t. 35.13 flat head class finals derby Patterson e.t. 10.174, aron oakes 11.221, bean bandits win flathead class, second year in a row. Guys we need more flathead cars!

29. Razor72

Razor72

Thanks, she's usually pretty reliable. That's the first time she let me down. And I drive the shit outta it!!!

Joe, the good thing about AAA is that if you get the premier membership they'll take you 100 miles!! Only thing, you can't use the premier part until you get your membership package. Luckily, I had it already. 87 miles to home from there.:D I had 13miles to spare.

30. dvz

dvz
    from San Diego

Yeah, f'n redlights. My coupe has an entirely different center of gravity and weight transfer now, and even though I staged shallow, I still red lit. Straight axle takes some getting used to, including carrying the fronts 30 feet outta the hole! Butch was runnin hard in the top end, I've got him off the line (with 5.13's), but he's pullin me every time thru the lites. I love goin thru the traps seein a blue fender next to me and not knowing until we pick up our slips. That's drag racin', baby.

I can't say enough about Butch. What a super stand-up guy, as cool as the day is long, and it's just a pleasure to get the chance to race him. Thanks Miguel and the Lifters, and thanks Butch!

The track photog also got some great pix. Hit up his website and find your car. His name is Pete Liebig, and the URL is www.paklphoto.com and his number is (619) 743-6706. Great pix, reasonable rates on prints. Hope he doesn't mind me puttin up a sample for y'all...

[​IMG]
    Dale

Last edited: Jul 28, 2009