Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Midnight Mass Thank You

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BruceVE, Jul 27, 2009.

1. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

All we can say is WOW!!!! For the 6th year in a row, we were again blown away. We figured we had about 650 registered cars (this is a guess as we ran out of registration cards), and by several accounts 200+ in the parking lot. Basiclly we DOUBLED from last year. Although we expected more this year, we were not expecting to double in size.

A HUGE thank you to the Grinders and Hooligans for stepping in and helping us with parking when we couldn't keep up. You guys ROCK!!!

We know it got a little disorganized with the parking and we could have gotten more cars in if we could have kept up. We apologize to those of you that didn't get their cars into the show, but we're glad they stuck around and came in anyway.

It appears as though we will have to expand again next year, if we can afford it, and maybe even recruit help from some other clubs. Cal Expo is NOT the cheapest place to put on a show but it comes with built in lights, electricity, shade, security, insurance, bathrooms, and a big enough lot for everyone. This monster we’ve created usually turns out to be a second job for six months out of the year, but seeing how everybody comes together and have a good time is well worth it.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>
    Again thanks to everybody who came out and helped out.

2. Cabron

Cabron
    from California

Hey Jay, great event! This thing is taking on a little Paso flavor with the variety of years and styles. The bands were cool and lots of eye candy too. To defray the costs I think you could easily raise the entry fee by 5 or 10 bucks and it's still the most affordable night out in town. I think next year will be even bigger... the word is out bro.
    Thanks again for all the hard work and opportunity to party!

3. 29 de soto

29 de soto

I thought the show was great ,you know we'll be back

4. Grinder~deville

Grinder~deville

Thank you from the Grinders!!! We all had an amazing time!

5. SapienKustom

SapienKustom
    from Merced, CA

I know we all had a great time. We'll be back next year for sure and if you need any help with anything let us know.

6. BAD ROD

BAD ROD

Great show. Enjoyed it very much!

Mike

7. 61TBird

61TBird

One request for next year....Can you crank up the A/C? :D:D:D

8. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

We have never been about making money, we only charged $3 to cover our cost and to have some money for next year's show.

Thanks guys for being there. I wrote more about you in the other post.

I'm going to see if they'll turn on those fans and misters that were in the vendor area.

9. Von Farly 1923

Von Farly 1923
    from Sacramento

We all had a great time, I spent the whole night talking with great people about great cars. Thanks to everyone involved for their hard work. I know we will be double the amount of cars we brought out for next years show.:D

10. PhatCaddy

PhatCaddy

Great time. Especially when the sun dropped. Not just because of the heat but the lighting made it like another show. Cars took on a different light.

Thanks Poor Boys,

11. thank again for another great show!!!!! year after year each show has a little something more to offer in being unique!!!! also as a vendor it was the best!!! lots of great people helping each other and the spot was perfect!!! see ya all soon!!!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]