Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects What abouts a 1956 Buick Special?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jakedreamer, Jul 19, 2009.

1. deadendcruiser

deadendcruiser

Yep, what he said. Also something to keep and eye out for is the brakes. Master cylinder is hard/pricey to come by.
    You cant beat a Buick for smooth riding cruiser:D

2. 7&7

7&7
    from Colorado

Shit if you where closer to Denver I would sell you a 56 2 door HT special and it runs.

3. Jakedreamer

Jakedreamer

And I would buy it too.

4. Jakedreamer

Jakedreamer

Ok, the one for 750 has sold too. I have found yet another one... it is the same color and everything reaaaallly nice, here in MI!! I have been looking outta state when there was one in my backyard the whole time. It is pretty decent, front crome is pretty rusty but i like the look of it( personally), and same with the back bumper. The engine runs like a song from what I have been told has the same tires it rolled out of the factory on!! The white wall part is actually falling off. The interior is in really good shape. The inside chrome is in awesome condition, front seats are a little raddy and the rears are pretty nice, aside from a few tears towards the rear window. It also has a cassete player installed and has a whole new exhaust. The only thing it needs is a brake booster (so if anyone can give me a deal or has one or knows where ta get one....pm me or post it) and a loving owner.

He has been ntrying to sell it for the better parts of about a year now I think, he is tryin to sell it for 2499...What would be a starting bid for you?

5. W1ingedExpress

W1ingedExpress
    from Merced, Ca

hey guys if anybody can help me out here that be great, here's my situation my grandfather recently bought a 1956 buick century 4DR. the guy he bought it from said the engine that currently in it is a cadillac motor not sure what year I'll post a pic of it and if anybody has a clue what it could be or where the numbers are on the block to read them that be great by the way we do have the original engine that came in car but its on cherry picker right now i know it a v8 not sure what size though. The guy said he changed original engine out for the cadillac motor cause he scored one of the cylinders, so my grandfather is considering boring out the cylinder or possibly sleeving it not sure yet, thanks alot guys for all your help.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

You can't buy anything modern $500 stinkin dollars so anything old for $500 is a steal, and it even runs!

7. 343w

343w

Man, if you've learned anything from this experience it should be, "If you snooze, you loose"! When you find the car you want, take the money with you when you go to look! Buy it, get the paperwork and haul it away, or someone else will. For $500 you can loose, as everyone else has said, you could part-it-out and triple your money.