Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest What's up with Denise and the Big Olds?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1950jax, Jul 23, 2009.

1. HighSpeed LowDrag

HighSpeed LowDrag
    from Houston

Truer words have not been written.

A while ago I asked what ever happened to JustSteve. I had no idea.

Since that time I have had correspondence with not only Denise but Steve's brother Eric. After numerous PM's with Eric and meeting Denise at the Round-up, I can only imagine that if Steve every wanted Big Olds to go to a true Hot Rodder, he could not have picked a better person.

Denise is the Hot Rodder that we all aspire to be. She is the prime example of someone who makes everyone who knows her a better person because we all want to be like her.

"But Steve lives on, and Denise makes that happen."

Yea, I'd say that Denise makes it happen as opposed to letting it happen as most of us do.

Mark

2. Ebert

Ebert

Denise,

Couldn't be said better!

You know how I feel about ya...your are the dream. Just so proud and honored to be friends with you....you ALWAYS think about others FIRST which is why you are my girlfriend....I even told my wife!!!!

Attached Files:

• 380.jpg
      380.jpg
      File size:
      182 KB
      Views:
  3. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

My personal take is this- no matter how dirty, greasy, sweaty, smelly or just plain old wet I am, Denise refuses to NOT hug me. which is impressive, as I am typically at least 3 of the above.

moments of noteworthyness I have personally witnessed.

Monkey's "butt bongos". as a dedicated man of the cloth when it comes to Lone star beer, it takes alot to make me shoot it out of my nose.
    denise 1, Lone star,0.

"the frothiest Margarita ever". 1 park bench, 1 gasoline powered margarite machine, several gals laughing hysterically-and 1 HotrodLadyCruiser at the throttle.

You had to be there.

"Whattaya mean the distributor won't move?"
    Lux prepares to put the mighty Blue Tune on Big olds. after discovering that bonneville salt stuck the distributor like glue, she apologized to me. even though I was the one that couldn't get the thing to move. class, man...class.

anyone that mails You cookies with a slice of bread in the bag so they stay moist gives a damn. and giving a damn is a rare quality these days.

4. ls7gto

ls7gto

I recently enjoyed a bottle of water on a park bench in the shade at the GG nats with Denise. It really was the highlight of my weekend. She is the reigning Queen of HotRodding. long Live the Queen!
    Doug

5. perfect!!!

Jg

6. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

For a period of time long ago she introduced me as her favorite HAMBer. A loooooong..................loooooong....................long time ago.:(

Hey!! A person has to move on .........................right? I'm still confident that I'll never be lower than #60,751 (if the HAMB membership stays below 100,000).

Other than that, everything good that's been said about her is 110% true. There has never been anyone like her and there will never be anyone who will rival her..........ever.

Frank

7. Scott K

Scott K

Excellent!!

You sir, made spew my milk and chocolate chip cookies on my screen.

8. Brian C

Brian C

I'd like to add that my son and I met her for the first time at the Jalopy Showdown this past May and it was as if we had been friends for years. She has the unique ability to make you feel at ease because she doesn't put on any "airs" and you are immediately accepted for what you are. The common thread of having an interest in automobiles crosses ALL boundaries.

What you see is what you get - A class act all the way!

9. texoutsider

texoutsider
    from Frisco, Tx

And a big tip of the ole Cowboy hat from all here at Texas Thunder Performance.............that's Dallas, Denise............

best of everything

Mark

10. JEPPA

JEPPA

She once had Squirrels!

[​IMG]

11. A 31 MO FO

A 31 MO FO
    from D/FW

All around just a great person to know! And bad ass cookies!

12. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

she can single handedly take you about and give you hundreds of new friends in a single afternoon, but be careful. She will steal your heart and leave town. :(

Not to worry, though. She'll be back. :)

13. Big Jon

Big Jon

if it wasn't for Denise I would only ever dream of getting to some of these car shows / events, thank you from the Island with the long white cloud .

Jonno

14. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

I have been hanging with her for a couple of days. She knows everybody. Lots of fun.

15. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

About these cookies...how come I never had em? This gives me an idea. Hey lady, how bout we figure out how to make "cookies" instead of "apple pie"? Huh? Huh? Whadaya think?

16. Never heard of her.

:D

17. ChrisinPhilly

ChrisinPhilly

Just a sweetie, when I met her I felt like I'd known her my whole life.

18. ratstar

ratstar

Denise is the type of person who it doesnt matter if you've just met her at a pre Speed Week BBQ or you've known her for 10 years, you feel like you are a part of her family. She makes you feel like you matter. Makes you feel great to talk to her, and to see her big grin. When she came to my house I felt like we'd known each other forever, like we just hadnt seen each other before.

I've got more respect for denise than most people I have actually known for years.

Oh yeah and I love her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

Haven't met her yet but I read everything she posts.
    What amazes me is her trips & pics- she remembers everyone's names & every detal of the trip.
    Hell, I can't remember what I did last weekend or who I was with!

I want some cookies too ;)

20. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

a lady with many wonderful talents

21. Fordguy78

Fordguy78

She is definately one of the coolest people I've ever had the oppurtunity to meet.

22. FuelFC

FuelFC

A woman who made a ton of cookies for a raffle to help cover the some of the expenses of a HAMB'r who was lost to a murder. Shipped em post covered to Texas on top of it afterwards. (wow been a long time since I thought about that)

Yeah she is a pretty bitchen gal in my book. Thanks again baby!

Last edited: Aug 26, 2009
  23. In the immortal word of the infamous and long lost Germ... RULER!

24. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

what is up with Denise?

Good question

simply ask her and she will be glad to tell ya - and somehow I dont think you have to hang out here very long to realize she DRIVES her car to all these events.........even if I ever get my car on the road there is no way I will trust it to go cross country the way she does............
    THAT is why she is one of the coolest on the HAMB - she DRIVES

I cant think of anyone that I see at more shows...................
    ok
    Bob has her beat - but not by much

25. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

Damn someone stole my thunder.....

I was gonna add this....now it just looks like I'm a copy cat....oh well!

Denise could kick Chuck Norris' ass but she doesnt have too.....he kicks his own ass so she doesnt have too....

Chuck Norris digs Denise in a weird bearded way....but So does the FONZ....I have no idea how that ties in...

26. Blue

Blue

She's world famous and takes me to far away places!

Long live the Queen!

27. Dude, please, no more drying your hair in the microwave!!-MIKE:eek::D:p

28. renrob5000

renrob5000

That's why right there....a real sense of humor...(oh yeah...the hugs are good too...haven't had one of the fabled cookies). She's just a real hoot....

29. gooseta2

gooseta2

I met Denise and megan at the GNRS in 2008...I was working at the Shadow rods booth.. and she came up and asked to get a picture with me....I've loved her ever since.....her time donated to the HAMB is incredible....love ya denise....(and megan)

30. rob lee

rob lee
    from omaha,ne

One of my favorite gals ever! cool as hell,sse ya in Oct. Rob