Register now to get rid of these ads!

Does anyone know anything about this Deuce?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Groucho, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Long lost pic just discovered!!!!Look @ both pics. Ring any bells? Thank you

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 12, 2009
  2. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

no, but it sure is bad ass.

3. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

I looked through all of my five window pics and didn't see anything that wild, in any color. I thought you'd have the wheels and tires swapped out by now, you've had it a week already. :D

4. Dirty2

Dirty2

Shure is nice ! Is it about to be for sale ?

5. slepe67

slepe67

Correct me if I'm wrong, but, isn't that the car under the title "steel body for glass price?" or to that effect??? pretty recent thread, I think a guy just bought it, can't remember who though

6. ProEnfo

ProEnfo
    from Motown

I think his name was Groucho :D

7. Love that car! What size are those rear tires, 33's?

8. Orange crate in coupe form?

9. NOT for sale (surprise everyone:D:D)
    :D:D:D:D:D

I think they are 31.5's. BTW on 16" rims

10. slepe67

slepe67

Doh! I re-read his initial post...I CAN SEE CLEARLY NOW.....

11. Don't know about the coupe, but your orange 38 looks familiar.

Any chance a Pontiac engine w/hydramatic was installed in the past?

12. YES, with tripower a couple yrs ago! Tell me about that. Thanks

13. Too cool.

Still a chance it might not be the car, the paint looks pretty good for a mid-70's drag racer.

If it's the car I think it might be, it used to belong to Bob Sanders, owner of Titan Engineering who lives in Upper Ojai.
    (On the mountain road between Santa Paula and Ojai.)

Titan makes the gerotor oil pumps that are popular with the wet sump drag racing troops.

As well as dry sump systems, rocker arm setups for Hemi's old and new - the big ones with real Hemi chambers - rocker setups for some Formula cars, Toyota I believe was one, carbon fiber clutches and probably some stuff I'm forgetting.

Bob and my little brother went to Ventura High School together and I met Bob about 1962 or 63.

At that time Bob was running a six 2 bbl 57 Ford post that was jacked up gasser style.
    Little brother was bulding his Y-Block 54 Ford two door sedan and I was driving my 50 Ford coupe w/Rocket power.

Seems like the next hot rod I saw Bob with was the orange Chevy coupe with Pontiac engine.
    Not sure about the intake.

Next car for Bob that I knew about - at the time I lived away from Ventura - was his 10 second Pinto with Boss 302.
    Heather, his wife drove the Pinto pretty often and it paid off because she was a good driver and if she weighed 90# at the time I'd be surprised.

They went to an un-blown SBF rear engine dragster after that and then put a blower on it.

Then a blown alcohol rail that - if I remember right - ran 6's at over 200 mph which was a good time for the era.

Far as I know the Pinto is gone - got some pics of it I need to scan in - and the alcohol rail is sitting in the back of the big tin building where Bob manufactures the parts.

Bob's a smart guy, but more importantly he's a nice guy.

You can find his phone # for Titan Engineering via Google.

He'd probably be glad to pass on some identifying factors and history about the coupe if you called.

I'm still running a pair of SBF aluminum connecting rods for tailpipe hangers in my 32.

Bob gave me a couple after he tossed one in the blown version of the SBF dragster.

Had to bore them out a touch since the SBF has about 2" rod journals and the 32's pipes are 2 1/2"....

14. There are very few cars that get me in the gut right away, that 32 did the first pics I saw of it. Other than paint, I would not change a thing! That sucka would be hot lapping the return road at Mokan so much Carl would get dizzy!

15. btt w/new pic!

16. gup

gup
    from Washington

A guy I work with brought in some old magazines for me and I found this. It's not much, but I thought you might like to see it. If you want the magazine just PM me and you can have it.[​IMG]