Register now to get rid of these ads!

How many Jamco Suspension fans out there?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by genosslk, Jun 6, 2009.

1. genosslk

genosslk

Has anyone else out there used Jamco Suspension for their ride?

I just put a complete Jamco suspension system front and rear on my 53 Ford... I must say after the alignment, my cars handles fantastic! I thought I might be changing the steering box for the complete change but it will not be needed now. The car sits right and rides right, just what we're all wanting.
    Quality stuff that works right with the advantage of OEM parts for the ball joints, spindles, brakes and rotors and their 11/8 inch front swaybar.
    It sounds like I'm trying to sell for them but I'm just a weekend builder that got a good supplier for a change.

2. hottweelz

hottweelz
    from So. Cal

Thanks genosslk! It's always nice to hear that our products are working the way they were intended.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2009
  3. chevyshack

chevyshack

Ive been eye balling a few things they have but havent ponied up any doe yet because im torn between a bolt in IFS or just rebuilding the stock front end with upgrades of course.

4. Skrayp

Skrayp

If they ever make a balljoint conversion for 49-54 chevys I'll let ya know. Looks like nice stuff though.

5. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

I've been buying Jamco suspension pieces for my 53 Ford convertible, and everything looks top quality. I like dealing with them, they know what they are doing. Will be ordering more from them as time goes on, as their product line seems to be expanding. They have my vote!

6. 52style

52style

tried to order some springs but no one answered the phone or returned messages

still might try to buy parts due to good things ive heard but with my project i always have other things to spend $$$ on so they lost their turn

they must be doing really good over there at jamco when they dont even have to answer thier phone

but i guess im just old school and like giving my money to a live person

7. akreone

akreone
    from SLC 801

I've got the full deluxe kit front and rear under my shoebox and I got the drop springs for my comet from Jamco as well. I haven't road tested the shoebox yet but so far I'm happy with their stuff.

8. Kyle Counsil

Kyle Counsil

I am also like "akreone" I have the full kit in the front (blocks on the rear) of my shoebox but not road tested it yet but os far good quality stuff. I still have a little wiring and other odds and end then get it aligned and she'll be road bound. I also wanted to add that it gave me the total "look" that I was looking for................Kyle

9. 40 HP

40 HP
    from 90045

I got some coil springs from them for my Galaxie. Still installing them, but they were super easy to deal with. Will post some pics next week when they are done and let you know how they ride.

10. genosslk

genosslk

Hey akreone... you did the tubular a-arm/disc brake kit?

11. Oldsmobucket

Oldsmobucket

got some leaf springs from them a while back, good products and good service. ( for a 55 olds). my neighbor has a 50 ford with full jamco suspension , he likes it alot

12. Jack Luther

Jack Luther

Nice people. Good product.

13. KKustoms

KKustoms

I've got the whole package under my 1954 GMC, lowered 4 in the rear, 3 in the front. Rides like a dream. And dont forget the HAMB Discount!!

14. Super88

Super88

I used their springs and shocks when I dropped my 55 Olds three inches and was happy with their products and service.

15. genosslk

genosslk

52style... I too had a couple of times that I had to leave a message but they always got back to me. Maybe give them a second chance? I think their stuff is worth it... I live in Oregon and sometime this summer plan of going down to Corona to meet them.

16. I am using one of their radiators, 3" drop front coils and shocks, 4" drop rear springs and shocks, and the new front upper a arm adapter mounts. I am very pleased with every piece of equipment I am using and would not hesitate to buy from them again.

Yes, they are hard to get a hold of at times, but with the volume they sell and being a "mom & pops" type business that should be expected. Give them some time, it will be worth your while, after all, it's not like your dealing with Speedway or Wal Mart here...

17. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

My Jamco story. I went to their web-site and found a 3" dropped leaf spring that was ordered for a shoebox woody wagon that the buyer never picked up. I asked if it could be used on a sedan and ordered the spring. Later, I discovered that it wouldn't work on a sedan (it would raise a sedan 3") and they had gone ahead and ordered a NEW 3" dropped spring for the same sale price. Now that's great service!!!

18. josh77

josh77

19. flathead4d

flathead4d

They have my vote. Got their super cruiser front end and disc brake conversion on my shoebox 50 plus sway bar and drop leaf springs on the rear. Quality stuff that fits.

20. Dandingo

Dandingo

Jamco's great. I've called them a few times asking questions and getting info and they're always super helpful. Here's 3" coils and shocks up front and 2" blocks in the rear. So far they work and feel great...

[​IMG]

21. Look courtesy of Jamco.

Attached Files:

22. lost39

lost39
    from Austria

The frontsuspensionparts are all from Jamco. Work very well.
    Now i think i put one of the havy duty frontswaybar on my merc.

lost39

23. westcoaster

westcoaster
    from SoCal

hey genosslk, can you post a side profile pick of your ride and tell what drop front and back you did. i'm getting ready to drop my 53 vic with jamco products but i'm undecided on how much to do front and back. did you do the ball joint conversion?

24. lowroder

lowroder

Just Ordered My 3" Lowering Blocks From Them... 1st Time Buyer..

25. frosty-49

frosty-49

My shoe box rides on JAMCO,springs, front and rear sway bars and alignment bracket for GM shims. Handles GREAT

lowroder likes this.