Register now to get rid of these ads!

"That's an ugly steering wheel !"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HomemadeHardtop57, Jul 20, 2009.

1. Best reply yet.

2. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

People never stop surprising me. I try my best to smile and act grateful for their unwanted advice.

3. Jerry
    You are a far better man than I. I would have asked him "Are you just naturally stupid or did you take lessons?"
    Fuzzy

4. My favorite response to "You know what this car needs" has always been "Less armchair critics"

5. kwoodyh

kwoodyh

I'd of went all PTSD on his ass! ;)

6. Well at least you got his attention. ;)

7. Boy Genius just wanted you to have an eight inch low-rider wheel like his.

Attached Files:

8. SlamIam

SlamIam

Falfa: "...man, but that can't be your car. It must be your mama's car. I'm sorta embarrassed to be this close to ya."

John: "I'm not surprised, drivin' a Field Car."

Falfa: "Field Car? What's a Field Car?"

John: "A Field Car runs through the fields, drops cow shit all over the place to make the lettuce grow."

Falfa: "That's pretty good. Hey, I like the color of your car there, man. What's that supposed to be? Sorta a cross between Piss Yellow and Puke Green, ain't it?"

John: "...I'll betcha you gotta sneak up on the pumps just to get a little air in your tires."

Running down another's ride is such a classic act with car guys it's immortalized in film. Have a sense of humor, grow a thicker skin, and have a rebuttal ready.

9. InPrimer

InPrimer

When I get a ration of shit about my car I usually just laugh, but push my button too far... I once told a guy, "look I deal with 10,000 assholes every day( I was a mailman then) so what's one more"???

10. Kail

Kail
    from Austin, TX

steering wheel and wheels and tires are easy deal breakers, i can be very excited about a project until they tell me what wheel and steering wheel they want to use. I get a sinking feeling in my stomach .
    But beauty is in the eye of the beholder, we have to do our best at making there dreams come true ( even if there dreams need some outside influence )

11. Kail

Kail
    from Austin, TX

this one always gets me excited

Attached Files:

12. billbrown

billbrown
    BANNED

maybe a gold chain 12 inch deep dish wheel?

13. KreaturesCCaustin

KreaturesCCaustin
    from Austin, TX

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little

14. yamadafacka

yamadafacka

id roll a chain steering wheel on my car!! maybe not that small, but id do it.

15. MoRoddin

MoRoddin

I think we can all identify with you. Most people miss the point of our efforts.

Does anyone make any cool looking 14 inch wheels? I had to take a stock 1949 ford steering wheel out of a car once. I couldn't drive it with the big wheel. Couldn't even get my leg between it and the seat to slide in :( I hated that autozone wheel I was stuck with. It took me a year to see that mooneyes had some alright looking wheels, but I still wasn't happy.

16. cball

cball

The british have the best reply to a statement like that, "PISS OFF".

Your car is quality craftsmanship, period.

17. Kail

Kail
    from Austin, TX

i'm not sure how small it is, but they make a smaller replica of the 40 ford wheel

18. This has to be the best quote to date!!!

19. landst

landst

Nah you should have smacked him. It would have made me feel better about it anyway

20. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

Like somebody else said, my reply would have been, as I sipped on my beer, would have been "Go Fuck Yourself". Only restraint would be if he had a kid with him.

Pointing out things about other people's car that one doesn't care for can be said without disrespect. Calling somebody else's (anything) "ugly"? Bad manners.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2009
  21. donut29

donut29
    from canton MI

You know me:D Rude:mad: Crude:mad: and Tattooed:cool:

22. shmoozo

shmoozo
    from Media, PA

Could you live with 16 inch?

Limework Speed Shop

If you need smaller, there is supposed to be a 15 inch model available from the company here:

Vintique Inc

(Not much info there, but there is a contact link.)

A little more info:

Steering Wheel Guide - Great To The Touch

(scroll down to the good stuff.)

23. heavytlc

heavytlc

"You might not like my steering wheel, but your wife/daughter sure likes my back seat".
    Might work, might start a fight. ymmv

Some people will never understand. A big smile and thank you goes a long way. The unwashed go away with little effort.

24. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

You could have responded with, "Dude, I remember when those shoes you are wearing were popular".

25. fastrnu

fastrnu
    from shelton,wa

i have developed an "autoresponse" to these people. My mouth just automatically says "Hey wow man that means alot coming from you" Then my selective hearing loss kicks in.

26. try Roger at the Wheel Shoppe in Portland 503 761-5119 www.thewheelshoppe.com