Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Pics, Gretna, Nebraska Hot Rod Show July 19, 2009

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hat Man, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Hat Man

Hat Man
    from Omaha, NE

Here are some pics of the show at Gretna Nebraska.

This summary is by our Roadburner "Sololobo"

Last Sunday we were blessed with a lovely day for our twist on a 22 year old show. It had kind of run the course and interest was low. We did our best to zip it up and put a fresh spin on it. We were rewarded with a count of around 350 rides, last year was about 75. We had a great variety of rods, customs, race cars, motorcycles, bicycles, low riders, restoration stockers, and a bunch of really nice people. We love old school traditional stuff, but did not limit entry to just H.A.M.B. friendly rides. We had live entertainment all day with The Royal Pawns closing out the show in rockabilly style. Starduster super chef Jim Murray did a fab job kickin out the Nathan's Famous dogs and pulled pork sammies as well as grill roasted sweet corn throughout the show. Our pal Mark Ervin (Jigger), the hotrod artist who has worked with the Simpsons t.v. show for 20 years displayed his super car art with great reviews. Karls Kustoms exhibited his kick butt "T"'s and gear to the publics delite. And the crowed loved the Old Peddlers Truck shown by our friends Rich and Pam Molden, what a blast this rig is!! Pete Lochran and his lady Christine showed the caddy built by high school crews, which is a statement against domestic violence, with the performing artist topper!! Everone had a great time on the historic downtown brick mainstreet of Gretna!! Thanks to all that shared the great experience!! Stardusters---Midwest Street Rodders--- and The Roadburners

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Some great art I picked up at the show by our "HAMB" member "Jigger"

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 22, 2009
  2. Hat Man

Hat Man
    from Omaha, NE

3. Hat Man

Hat Man
    from Omaha, NE

4. Hat Man

Hat Man
    from Omaha, NE

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's It Folks.

5. 2NDCHANCE

2NDCHANCE

Thanks to the Hat Man for the super quick post. Dan you were in motion the whole day. Seems like we just passed by each other in a blurr. It's great to be associated with such a awesome group of people. The Star Duster's rock, Chuck and Jim kept the concession area under control. Special thanks to our show car judging people. How can you prepare for such a great turn out? Thanks to all the H.A.M.B. 'ers for attending. Gary

6. jlow

jlow
    BANNED

nice pics love the bus with all the crap on it ..my gurl was like wtf is that ....

7. This was a lot of fun. Thanks to Larry, a.k.a. Lololobo and all the generous people from RoadBurners club for giving me a venue for my work. Thanks for the Space Jim, I hope Hatman got some pictures of it, I think it would get a warm HAMB reception.
    How did the Vicky tatt turn out?
    My boys had a great time and the older one , 15, went home with some ones daughter's phone number. (I'm glad there's 180 miles between 'em.)

jlow, the only thing that rig was missing was Mr. Haney.

[​IMG]

8. I really wanted to meet some people and get to know who and what's in the Gretna area because I need to find someone to finish body work/interior on my '55, but had to go home and mow the lawn at the end of the show. Oh well...

9. Sticks

Sticks

All,
    Gary, Larry, Royal & Hatmam…Roadburns ,Stardusters.

Thanks for the good times. Mike & I thought you all did a great job with the show. We also dug the hell out of the home build trophies very cool. In my opinion it is a cool art form. I look forward to next year’s show.
    Thanks for the great shots of the day Hatman.

See ya later
    Sticks aka Danny

10. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Looks like you had a nice turnout. I''m beginning to like the smaller local shows better than big national events. A lot more laid back and you get to enjoy the ride to and from a lot more than hitting the highway at 75 MPH for hours on end to get to a faraway location. I think as the economy continues to slow down the local events will grow.

Frank

11. sololobo

sololobo

Thanx for the nice pix Hatman, brings back a fun feeling. I failed to mention our beautiful trophy queen C.J., what a doll!! She and her fiance's 58 Ford pickup was there looking cool as could be. The ewo drag racing machines out of Thr Gretna Auto Service shop faced off for a "roar-off", with a crows vote on the loudest was won by Walt's blown big block chevy in his "MontY , but Dave's 1000 H.P. yellow chopped, super sharp 55 Ford is way fast. Special thanks to all the H.A.M.B. troops that came out, Malcolm was there with a lot of the local crew. The OutKasts were out in force with their bad ass hot rods. Thanx Dudes!! Just an all around good time. Salute! again to all that made this event click!! ~Sololobo~

Last edited: Jul 22, 2009
  12. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Good Sunday show... thanks for the photos!

Malcolm

13. 47convt

47convt
    from Omaha, Ne.

Thanks Hatman for the pics, great show, great day.

14. 47convt

47convt
    from Omaha, Ne.

I just got my wifes camera downloaded with her pictures---first shot is at 7AM in front of our club house before the show started. Lots of work ahead before we started.

Attached Files:

15. 47convt

47convt
    from Omaha, Ne.

some pics of the Roadburners hide out

Attached Files:

16. KKustoms

KKustoms

Thanks for the pics Hatman, if I hadnt stayed up so late Saturday in Kearney, I would have came, will make sure to make it next year.

17. 47convt

47convt
    from Omaha, Ne.

Just some pics of the trophy queen and the band (the Royal Pawns)

Attached Files:

18. 47convt

47convt
    from Omaha, Ne.

A shot of Mark Ervin (jigger on the HAMB) displaying his hotrod art at Roadburners Jim Foxes old school barber shop---great to have you at the show Mark.

Attached Files:

19. TysonGreenfield

TysonGreenfield

great show guys congrats again on the turn out
    Tyson

20. Looks great to me. Anytime they block off mainstreet and turn it into a party, everyone has a good time. There are several shows I go to that are similar. They always work better than those that are in a parking lot. I've heard great things about Kearney also. I think I'll try for that next year.

21. mrdodge

mrdodge

Looks like it was a great day with cool cars & awesome trophies.

22. Fireball Mezcal

Fireball Mezcal
    from Nebraska

Great pics fellers! Lots of fun.

23. Blondie

Blondie
    from Omaha, NE

Well, the Trophy Queen had an awesome time and those that put the show together did a great job. Thanks everyone!

24. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

Looks like y'all had fun. Thanks for posting some great snaps.

25. sololobo

sololobo

26. 067chevy

067chevy

Thanks for the pic's Hat man. Couldn't make it I was an vacation with the family in the Black Hills.

27. 067chevy

067chevy

Love that 57 Ford.

28. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Love the Olds Hat Man! Whats the story of those carbs e air cleaners? Neat stuff! Actually pretty much all of the engine bay has nice stuff in it, but judging from a couple of things i bet you aint done w/ it.Some pretty neat cars there also, love the matte and slammed 57 chevy, nice and simple.

29. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

Something about Hotrods on bricks,just looks right!

30. Hey, Bob, Thanks. I'm still livin' iy.

bonez, that Olds is wearing a rare duel carb manifold with side draft carbs. It was a popular set up in stock car racing. That rocket is so much nicer to behold in person.
    Hatman's who introduced me to the H.A.M.B. community and, for that, I'm grateful.
    Did I get that right Hatman?

[​IMG]