Register now to get rid of these ads!

Inline chevy 6 cyl goes 9.80

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 37 BILL, Nov 6, 2007.

1. 48bill

48bill

I'm here every once in a while. Just another old lurker.

U.B.

2. hugh m

hugh m
    from ct.

Know Leo has been working a long time on this project, neat to see it run so good, although it always ran good. These hands on hotrods are still the best.

3. nexxussian

nexxussian

Cool to hear of progress.

Good luck.

4. rebelce

rebelce

5. 37 BILL

37 BILL
    from Bristol CT

New update.....chassis is getting better and better.....on the 15th at epping went a 9.54 at 138 so...we are creeping up on her.....thanks for all the support....BC

6. Twisted6

Twisted6

rebelce that link did not work. Only came to a log-in page?

7. Congrats -Good Luck !!!

8. gallupdm

gallupdm

I’m deeply saddened that all information on this car seems to have been lost. I recall reading thru page by page the custom machine work on the engine and now I get reminded of it elsewhere (some new kids on YouTube dynoing a mostly stock 292 with a Holley sniper EFI and a huge turbo) and all that google can even find me is the one image of the car doing a burnout and one picture of the assembled engine with hybrid head. :-( please tell me someone other than me had the foresight to screenshot or otherwise copy the details?

9. VonDutch51

VonDutch51
    from Virginia

1low52 likes this.
  10. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There's a You Tube of a fellow Inliner with a 35 Chevrolet pickup that has run 8.44 in the 150's. I'm sure it weighs less than the Studie... The video is from San Antonio ... Love hear those sixes run.

11. gallupdm

gallupdm

There used to be a several page site with detailed pics and info on the engine build, now there’s none, just info about Leo’s wreck, prior to starting the studebaker build.

12. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

I think I got his book some wheres. Leo is probably about late 70's. Used to talk to him at CT Dragway in the 70's when he ran his old Chevy; flat towed by his other old Chevy. Any one know if he is still running the car?

13. moparboy440

moparboy440
    from Finland

14. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yep! Old, but still outstanding!:D

15. gallupdm

gallupdm

YES!!! That’s exactly what I was looking for! I remember poring over each and every detail of that site years ago but I could not find it to save my life earlier, even google was out of ideas. I’m thinking I will scan and archive each page to my hard drive just in case the site ever gets deleted or something. My what a beautiful piece of engineering... I wonder what happened to it? Perhaps Leo still owns it (the engine, that is) it should be put in a museum somewhere... one of these days I will attempt to duplicate the head and crank work... it’s such a shame that GM quit producing the 292, the bottom end was one of the most robust gasoline engines I’ve ever dismantled... in any case, than you for solving my google search woes!