Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Central Mo Metalworking July 18-19

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by southpaw-customs, Jul 15, 2009.

1. I will be hosting the Mo Rebel MetalMeet#6 in Sedalia, Mo. this weekend. It will be very similiar to the one that was hosted by Jim Huseby at Oak Grove, Mo. last Feb..

There is NO COST to attend. Bring a chair, safety glasses,gloves, ear plugs, welding helmet if you wish.

If you have a small project bring it along.

My address is 28432 Anderson School Road Sedalia, Mo.65301. I live in the country south east of Sedalia. You can google it or follow the link below for more info.

For those that are interested in coming, I have one of about everything. Any tools you can bring would be appreciated. I have 2 e-wheels , shrinker-stretcher, pullmax,, wire welder , tig , plasma cutter , a henrob A/O setup. A couple of sandbags and some stumps. A 4' box and pan brake, plannishing hammer pedestal and hand held and a louver press.

Here is a link that has motels and other info if interested.

http://www.metalmeet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12928

If you can please RSVP so I can have enough BBQ on Saturday and sandwiches on Sunday.

You can PM me or call after 6:00 PM tomorrow 660.826.3921 I'll be around Friday too.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2009
  2. Geophyguy

Geophyguy

I wish I lived closer but I'm too far away. Sounds cool though.

3. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey,

Keith, 'sounds like a great time in the making! I hope ya have lots of takers, and that someone takes the time to take some really good pictures! Usually what winds up happening at these is everyone gets so into what they're doing that no one takes few/any pictures, and afterwards people are sayin', " damn, wish I took some pictures".

Good luck, and hope everyone has a safe/great time.

Swankey Devils C.C.
    "Spending A Nation Into Generational Debt Is Not An Act Of Compassion!"

4. BinderRod

BinderRod

Can you give some more details with times? I live about an hour away and I lived in Sedalia for 18 years along time ago. I would love to learn some metal work in stead of metal hacking like I do. Thanks Keith

5. All day Saturday and however long you want to work on Sunday. Some of us will be going to Cruise Nite at Eddies Drive In (Garst in the day) and then come back till ????

Keith, we met briefly at the Rust Revivial last year.

6. Thanks and I'll do my best to take some pictures and post them.

7. BinderRod

BinderRod

I will be there on Sat after I work on my daughters car. I won't be bringing the hot rod because it is on jack stands in the shop getting it ready for vacation. Keith

8. We'll look for ya.

In case you can find the place call 660.826.3921.

9. Here are some pictures of what happened today. The HAMB was well in attendance today.

Well, I should of forget the umbrella and waders and said bring a long sleeve shirt. 50's at night and mid 70;s during the day.

Here are some pictures I've saved the best for last.

Bill Heineken Flower pedals?
    [​IMG]

Grant Leeser working on the pullmax with Keith BinderRod looking on.

[​IMG]
    Roger V.
    [​IMG]

Pedal Car buck from Nebraska.

[​IMG]

Jay Self working on his Model A.
    [​IMG]

Mark Nugent e-wheeling the beginning of a piece of scrap he said.
    [​IMG]

Pat and crew working on the pedal car.
    [​IMG]

Russ thetinman working on his rear fender.

[​IMG]

Isaac showing Russ how the plannishing hammer works.
    [​IMG]

Another lesson.
    [​IMG]

Jay Self wheeling a scooter fender.
    [​IMG]

What Noise?
    [​IMG]
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________

10. Thanks to the hamber's that attended. We all had a great time. Hope more hamber's can attend next year.

11. I was able to remove the body off of my 40 coupe during the meet.

Thanks guys.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey Keith,

Great photos of the ''gettogether''! Looks like plenty of fun to go around for all!

I'm thinkin', Terry Cowan, were he alive today, would be VERY proud!

Swankey Devils C.C.
    "Spending A Nation Into Generational Debt Is Not An Act Of Compassion!"

13. Thanks, it was a great "getogether".

I never got to meet Terry. But his old website is what got me started.

14. Hey Keith,
    Wish I had known about it. I would have come up so I could learn from a pro. I love watching people do stuff when they know what they are doing. Besides that I need a panel made for my old truck. I could have dropped my wife off at her sisters house across the road from you and enjoyed the day at your place.
    Later,
    Dick
    By the way, thanks for posting the pictures and how is Charlies T-Bird coming along?

15. Dick,

Wished you could have made it. The T Bird is having the motor & trans extracted for clean up and gaskets. Trying to get all of the mechanical stuff out of the way before I start on the sheetmetal.

16. looks like a fun time keith

sorry i missed this years.

johnny

17. Im sorry you missed it too. Always next year.

I would like to see your new machine when you get it hooked up.

18. BirdBilt

BirdBilt

Keith,

Hey man sorry I missed your meet, I had planned on coming but some how got the wrong dates. My bad. Im sure it was a blast, like usual. Did Lefty make it to the meet this year? That dude is a trip!

Later,

Justin

19. Justin,

Nice to hear from you.

I'm sorry to report that Lefty's son died on Wed July 22 of a massive coronary. He was only 36. His funeral was Saturday in Chicago.