Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects to

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by carbuilder, Jul 16, 2009.

1. What a crock! Funny that the subject of money never came up...oh wait...that's because you never raised it.

No Dan, you're not banned...I doubt you have the stones to show your face and apologize...but you're not banned. It hasn't even come up yet but I'm sure it will sooner or later on both sites.

And you can sure as hell keep any money you manage to trick out of unsuspecting buyers. Looks to me like you really crapped in your Cheerios this time Dan.

2. We changed our minds...you're banned.

3. Irrational Metalworks

Irrational Metalworks
    Alliance Vendor
    from DFW

All I can say is wow! Unbelievable, what some will do for the almighty dollar. Was business that bad?

4. There always has to be a bad apple. Its things like this that keeps the majority, myself included from wanting to share ideas and tips on how to do things. I really hope this doesn't set the metal shaping community back and make the ones who have opened up the info crawl back into their hole.

5. Archie

Archie

Thats Funny

Archie

6. heinekendesign

heinekendesign

ASS hole.

GGGGGS

Last edited: Jul 21, 2009
  7. CAL DAVIS

CAL DAVIS

Copying the power hammer ain't nothing. Ask him to tell you about copying the videos of all the producers of metal shaping videos and then selling them over a five year period or longer .We knew some one on the west coast was doing it. We found out who it was when someone sent a copy to us and wanted thier money back because the quailty was so bad.Real nice guy,really out standing .He should really be proud of himself.

8. HHmmm the plot thickens!

9. i have seen this guy at local swapmeets and i'm surprised that somebody hasn't put a stop to his practices. strange thing i don't recall him looking chinese to me!:rolleyes:

10. budd

budd

what is it on this machine that makes it so obvious it has been copied?

11. did ya read the whole thing and follow the links?

12. heinekendesign

heinekendesign

EASY!

HE was part of the whole group whom was talking about it, designing it etc....

The thing was stated as to be (FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY) and not to be sold for personal gain.

Ask him about Ben (gocart) on MM's MechHammer build. Stated he was able to reproduce with the ability to sale in the US. I bought plans, and wanted to order one from him.... Just did not have the 1600.00 for the parts at the time.:(:(:(:mad::mad::mad::mad::eek::eek::eek:

Im starting to doubt that now....

Glad I never bought anything. WTF does it ever end. He is just small potatoes. I know its happening more and more everyday, but what the F***.

If fuc**** pissed about all the deceit going on.

FESS up god damb it. WHom else are you freaking ripping off?

UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG:mad:

damb this world sucks......!!!!!

ANY COMMENTS DAN?

Last edited: Jul 22, 2009
  13. Gleeser

Gleeser
    from Taylor, MO

Wow Cal, that's one story I hadn't heard. Kinda surprised I hadn't actually.

I had heard other stories of him whining about not having certain car parts he needed and someone gave him the parts out of the goodness of their hearts only to see them sitting in his booth at a swap meet a month later for something like $500. They were parts for the top on a retractable I think. :rolleyes:

Never ceases to amaze me the depths that someone will sink to to make a buck. The other thing that amazes me is that this brainiac would put it here, especially when his "business" is working on rods and such!!

Sure, there are tons of rodders that aren't on the HAMB or even internet savvy at all but there are a vast amount that are both. Even if someone isn't a HAMBER they'll know about this. I've already seen links to it posted on a couple other forums. I'd think it would be good for people to link this to any of the other forums they visit that allow it. I have. Maybe it won't do much but likely at least a few people will run across him somewhere and after learning his name is Dan Pascoe they'll say "Hey, you're that dude that stole those videos and copied that hammer and all that aren't you? I think I'll buy my Oranges from a different corner."

14. Dyce

Dyce

I say you guys preaty much squashed Dan's chances of selling a hammer, Banned him from your site, and knocked him to the ground. I say stop kicking the guy. Pine box? Geez man you need a time out.
    Jeff

15. jhnarial

jhnarial
    from MISSOURI

I agree with Jeff.

16. 35mastr

35mastr
    from Norcal

I am surprized that this thread is still alive. With all the bitchen and complaining thats been going on in it.

17. CAL DAVIS

CAL DAVIS

Just remember if you buy stolen tools, soon someone will be buying your stolen tools. We all need to know who is dealing.

18. John_Kelly

John_Kelly

On a slightly different note...nice to see you on here Cal! For those who do not know, Cal has a great resource for metalshaping tools and equipment. I bought my e-wheel parts from him years ago, as well as a few other things, videos etc. A great company that has been around for a long time:

www.metalcrafttools.com

John www.ghiaspecialties.com

19. heinekendesign

heinekendesign

I retracted my "PINE BOX" STATEMENT. I went to the corner for a minute. I only kick with my left foot (it dont hurt so much.).

I just hate seeing this crap. I personally have been stolen from ALOT in the past from people I thought where my FRIENDS! Only to be underbid against and put out to pasture. When I see my true friends getting taken advantage of it dont make me feel all that good. Sorry to others that have read my crap, but I DONT LIKE IT ONE FUCKING BIT.

Thats all I will say.

Ill be a man and mean what I say. IM SORRY. My obsessive compulsive behavior kicked in.

I doubt that will change anything, but dont really want to be thought less of by my friends for caring.

Ill go obsess on my own work now.

Bill Heineken

20. Why are you surprised? Dan just proved himself to be a theif. The rants of stolen cars and hub cabs go on and on Why shouldn't a member of our community be blasted? IMO I think everyone should know about this guys shady business efforts. If he does this to his "friends" how does he treat his customers? Sorry but if I was having a shop build a car for me I would want to know the ethical side of the man behind my project.

21. budd

budd

i have a rule, i feel if i post an idea online it's fair game for everyone, i know not everyone thinks like me but thats how i feel, as far as the mini pullmax goes all i need to build my own is the pics posted here, i bet in the next year HF will have a pullmax copy.

22. Dan10

Dan10
    from Joplin

If I really wanted to ruin this guys selling chances, I would print out instructions with estimated material costs and sit in front of his booth and hand them out (telling of course where the idea originated). If someone wanted to pay him to make one, so be it.

23. hlfuzzball

hlfuzzball
    from Michigan

I saw where Dan was banned on AllMetalshaping.com, so I searched to find this thread.

Ha, I'd say you guys carved him up pretty good. I don't think Capone could have done as well with his baseball bat ! (Though that bat has since been converted into a bossing mallet at zero expense,due to advice found in the Metalshaping forums. :) )

Tom

24. Homemade44

Homemade44

The metal shaping community on the internet is mainly made up of three sites, AllMetalShaping.com, Metalmeet.com and Metalshapers association. These site freely share information with anybody that is interested in metal shaping knowing full well and expecting people to copy what they see for their own use. This is expected and encouraged. The thing that each of the sites has said is that the ideas posted should not be used for commercial ventures, ie don't try to make money off the ideas that are posted.

On each of the sites there have been group build projects that have allowed the people interested to own a piece of equipment at a fraction of the cost that they would have to spend if they purchased a factory made machine. There has always been help available from the membership of the groups to help the people build a machine for themselves if they got in trouble. I some cases that required machining and cutting of heavy plate to accurate measurments member would spend their time and money to set up people to supply parts for these project. None of those people made any money off of the builds, if anything it cost them some.

The sites also know that they are being monitored by Harbor Freight and others that will steal the ideas and manufacture a product. This does stop some people from posting some of the ideas that would be helpful to a lot of people. That is sad but that is the world we live in today.

The metal shaping community for the most part is a very tight group of people that want to see this craft continue and not die out like some other crafts have. Because of these groups there have been some improvements in technique and equipment that has been passed on to other so they can produce what they need to do their projects. Many of the members freely teach others the tricks of the trade.

For this to continue, we don't need people that upset the apple cart and stop this free sharing of information. Knowing where the problems are help control the problems.

Thanks for listening.

Joe Hartson

25. Da' Bomb

Da' Bomb

It's kinda' funny. I stopped by his booth at the Puyallup Goodguy's, here's the hammer....I took a couple pictures and he's on my ass about "no pictures this is proprietary" I asked him how it coud be possibly be propriety if it was designed in an open community. He just grumbled and walked off. BTW, the craftsmenship is junk.
    Pat

26. Da bomb thats good stuff right there.

27. Dawai

Dawai
    from North Ga.

Heck, I am still mad at the guy who stole my pencil in the second grade in school.
    I saw him loading garbage into a truck one day, stopped by just to tell him so. Seeing the look on his face I changed my mind and just spoke politely to him. (I was a skinny kid in school, not since I been buying my own groceries) It was more fun being nice to someone who bullied me through school. Really scared the crap out of him.

People are having a tough time in America right now making ends meet. It is not going to get easier anytime soon. YOU need your friends. All the knowledge I have in metalshaping came from these FOLKs on these forums in person and remote. I stole a candy bar when I was a child, My momma made me take it back to the store. I can't remember stealing anything since.

If I, David have pissed off any of you, please forgive me. I am not perfect, nor do I expect you to be either. NOW lets have some fun...