Register now to get rid of these ads!

"That's an ugly steering wheel !"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HomemadeHardtop57, Jul 20, 2009.

1. You should not have capitalized the Y & S in the quoted "You Shoulda" line that is not the correct way to do it.

;)

2. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Yea, I used to get "What color you gona paint it?" or "That will be nice when its done" all the time when I drove my coupe, before I sold it. I would always say "It is done" and wait for the dumbfounded looks and chuckle under my breath. I don't build for anyone but me! If they like it Great! If not, thats okay too!

3. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

and i can picture you saying those exact words. :D

4. smarg

smarg

Well its your car you built it so you don't have to listen old fat guys with to much money.

5. Great restraint! I would've been real tempted to kick his lawn chair out from under him and beat him with his california duster in front of his cry baby doll

s.

6. SapienKustom

SapienKustom
    from Merced, CA

Just smile and wave boys, just smile and wave.

7. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

"You Should of" Asked him what kind of caddy motor was in his car..

8. That's EXACTLY how I envisioned the stickers being used.... I [​IMG] you man!

http://www.traditionalhotrod.com/images/Forsale3/ItzaHotRod.jpg

Last edited: Jul 21, 2009
  9. Mudslinger

Mudslinger

I would buy a ticket to see that lol :D

10. I don't get all the people that get all worked up over this kind of thing. I don't care what car you have/build/own someone is not going to like it (kind of like the killer chick that everyone drools over - someone, somewhere is tired of putting up with her shit) and might say something - so what. If someone comments on mine, I eitehr take the tact that the OP did (nice way to go by the way) and try and educate as to why I did whatever is in question or I just answer "well, I like it" and leave it at that.
    All the tough guy keyboard bully's, get over it.

11. "The only taste some people have is in their mouths!"

Last edited: Jul 22, 2009
  12. When you participate in a car show, I reckon you just have to be open to everyone's opinon. That's kind of part of it. If you like it, it's proably good. Hang out long enough and you'll get ten more guys that say they like it too. What can you do, right?

13. Lunatic

Lunatic
    from Carson,Ca.

those kinda people are told "what to wear" by their wives and "what is cool" by their car builder..its not your job to please them

14. PRIMERDAVE

PRIMERDAVE

was cruzin Main in my daily the other day....a 65' C-10 short bed fleetside sporting suprems w/pinner whites and bellflowers....when this kid tells me "hey you need thicker W/Walls so your ride will look cool" I say yea....do you have one of these?? he answers no why? I answer....then shut the fuck up!!!!

15. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

This is what I always do .
    My car is far from perfect but a driver with a few different colors of paint on it .
    When someone make a comment like that I usually just say fuc* you asshole , where is your car ????? :mad:
    The best one is , What color are you going to paint your car ??? I answer , what's wrong with this one ? I don't have to wax and shine it all the time and if someone puts something on the car or happen scratch it by accident I don't have to worry . I just open the trunk and get out a can of primmer and fix it ! Can you do that with your car ???

There is always going to be Fuc**ng assholes at every car show but I get use to it and don't really give a shit . I am there to have fun ! :D
    It is MY CAR or HOT ROD and I will do with it what I want to BECAUSE IT'S MINE !!!!!! :mad:

16. TexasDart

TexasDart

I had this guy critizing my Dart one day...yeah this and that....I finally asked him where his wonderful car was...oh...well I didn't bring it..it all apart ....hmm...at least I'm driving mine. See ya.

17. greazhonkey

greazhonkey

Ken, you shoulda been an English teacher!;)

18. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

funny thing is..your steering wheel was probaby worth more than his entire ride:eek:..and im sure it looked much better than his fake ass valve covers;)

19. Kustomkarma

Kustomkarma

Not in front of the Chi...er simulated children.

20. [​IMG]

21. BigRed390

BigRed390

Funny offshoot of the situation... I was in an autozone parking lot (don't ask. Small town, didn't have a choice) on a saturday afternoon. The ford had conveniently decided to pull it's favorite prank: refuse to start in the parts store parking lot so everybody will come by and offer bad advice. I'm not a great mechanic by any means, but don't tell me to check the spark plugs when the F&^%$ng starter won't turn over!

So there i was stuffed under a Galaxie hood standing on a somewhat rusty and badly repainted bumper (I got it like that, haven't donated a kidney to bumper boyz for chrome yet. :D) when the "saturday afternoon car show" started rolling in. I didn't know they had one here, but up went the hotdog stand, in came the DJ with cheesy doo-wop through crappy speakers, and in came the CARS!!! All 7 or 8 of them!!! Everything from a tri-five chevy (3 of those), to a 55 t bird to a REAL HOT ROD! It was a 32 ford! Fiberglass! He built it himself from a kit! (Small town. I knew the guy. I also knew the guy who built it. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'm trying to get the ford to crank when toolbag in his chrome yellow t-bird with billet 19's and 20's on it wanders over and says "Whats the matter son? Ford won't run?" I though, Hey, maybe he's ok, so i smiled and said "yeah, it does this a lot. haven't had it long." Out pop those dreaded words...... "You should put a chevy in it. I haven't had any trouble out of mine since i put it in 3 years ago! And you need to fix that bumper and put some wheels on it!"

I fixed the problem (damn neutral safety switch was boogered up), fired up the only big block and the only ford engine in the parking lot, and took my rusty bumpered ass home. Some people.....

22. uc4me

uc4me

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by donut29 [​IMG]
    I would have told him to GO FUCK HIM SELF!! .
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I am more fond of inviting them to sit down and have a nice hot cup of SHUT THE FU@K UP !!!

23. KreaturesCCaustin

KreaturesCCaustin
    from Austin, TX

One of the best comebacks that I've ever heard was at a car show in Kansas City once. An older, gold-chain sort of guy was telling my buddy that he had the wrong wheels, etc. My buddy listened intently to what the man had to say, then said, "Well, I could do that, but I was thinking about putting four different wheels on it, painting it purple with green polka dots, then installing about seven antennas frenched into the hood and running a Kawasaki engine with 11 Strombergs and having the interior done in pink chiffon". He just looked at the guy as if he was waiting for another opinion. The old fart just blinked a little and walked away.

24. Maybe you should just tell those ten guys to just shut the fuck up!:D

25. retroridesbyrich

retroridesbyrich
    from Central NC

Had some idiot one time say..."You know what this car needs?" I quickly said; It doesn't need a fu**ing thing!
    Never gave him a chance to grace me with his expertise.

26. You all know the 'that's a nice dune buggy ' one. Well, a couple weeks back a guy came into the shop, looked at the Deuce and said "Wow, is that and Austin Healy?"

Hey, virtually undetectable difference! At least he said "wow!"

27. Spity

Spity

The oldman and I were headed home on the 3,000 mile return trip from the power tour a few weeks back and we had a guy come up to the car (a chopped top, 4 door to 2 door conversion nova wagon) and said to us "My dad had a Nova wagon, it was the worst car he ever owned, never bought another Chevy afterwards." Then he just walked away.

Why even open your mouth. If i see a car a car i dont like at a show I just keep walking. As long as the owner of the car is happy with it who gives a shit what i think. I love it when im talking to someone and they say I hate this or that on their cars and thats when the light bulbs start going off and cool stuff starts getting planned.

28. I also admire hrp's style. I always enjoy reading his posts,Always
    eloquent, I'd bet that he's a
    true gentleman .

29. You know, though, that's not even just limited to car shows, I get emails from eBay like that on things all the time - comments about stuff I couldn't give two shits about, sometimes nice, sometimes stupid. Why do I care what anyone else thinks? Even on something I'm trying to sell - if you like, make an offer, if you don't, then go buy something else. If anything the internet makes it easier for people to run their mouth in anonymity, without worry of a potentially well-deserved kick in the nuts afterwards.

As for this guy, some people just will never get it. I personally like big mid-late '50s steering wheels in cars, but I see nothing wrong with older stuff. What are you supposed to run, one with a rim made of welded chain links?

30. 49 Custom

49 Custom

Appropriately enough, that "routine" was actually a scene from the movie "The Jerk"!

Ah yes, but no more 1966. Lets splurge! Bring us some fresh wine! The freshest you've got - this year! No more of this old stuff.

-Stefan