Register now to get rid of these ads!

Model A Frame ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ejay$, Jul 21, 2009.

1. How interchangable are model A chassis? For instance will a stock pickup truck, or sedan chassis work for a roadster or coupe body? I'm sure this is a basic question but I've just been wondering.

2. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

they are all the same..might be minor attachment hardware changes from one model to the other..but the basic frame was the same for all

3. So if I bought a running model a chassis like from a truck my same year roadster body should bolt on with minor changes?

4. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

as long as its not a AA truck..you should be fine. I dont know what the AA truck chassis look like..or what their fitment is.
    got any pictures of it?

5. AA basicly has a wider spring perch up front, this i know for sure....

6. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

As long as the wheelbase is near enough 103½", you've got a Model A frame. Model AA trucks have longer wheelbases, choice of three IIRC, and the rear suspension might be configured differently. All Model A (i.e. passenger) frames interchange completely.

Look here: http://www.wescottsauto.com/WebCatalog/FR-2.pdf

7. deuceguy

deuceguy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

8. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

AA frame rails are heavier and deeper in cross-section than passenger car/pickup frames but the do have the same tapered style.
    An AA frame can be shortened to 103 1/4" wheelbase and a stock passenger/pickup rear crossmember installed and be used with any body just like a passenger car/pickup frame.