Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage One week to Midnight Mass - Who's coming and what are you bringing?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BruceVE, Jul 17, 2009.

1. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 17, 2009
  2. SapienKustom

SapienKustom
    from Merced, CA

We're leaving Merced around 8 am. We want to get on the road before it gets too hot.

I'll be driving my 55' Dodge up there.

3. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

We'll be there. 5 cars....maybe 6. Me, Bennie, Jesse, Casey, Ricky, and maybe a wagon. I need to change my name to something that ends in "eeeee".

Anyone want to caravan from Merced area PM me.

Look forward to seeing you there PB BRUCE.

4. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

I guess you could be Druie. :D

Make sure you hunt me down when you get there. We're all going to be CalTrans orange this year, so you can't miss us. :eek:

5. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

whats up with vince's truck!!!???

6. doctorZ

doctorZ

this will be the first one i have missed since it was at SVF; my sister just HAS to get married on that same day! she only thinks about herself ... hehehe

7. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

Good ole' Vince made the decision to move the date back on his truck to another car show thats hosted in the bay area.

He wants to "skim coat" the frame and take a little more time on some other little details. I told him to just drive it, if anyone sticks there head under his truck to kick them in the ass. And old Loddy ran outta money....

They are scheming and dreamin about puttin Loddys SBC in a 64 Impala wagon another buddy has....maybe on Sunday.

and a bump back to the top.....who else is going?

8. tommy v

tommy v

well i haven't missed one yet,so i'll see you guys there,i'm bring my 55 chevy

Last edited: Jul 18, 2009
  9. Craig Owens

Craig Owens

I'll be there...bringing my Model A.
    Craig

10. karfer67

karfer67

bringing out ol reliable my 62 ranchero still with only flames on one side. too busy finishing the bicycle class trophy and working on my build off bike to do the other side. cant wait cant wait

11. silvertonguedevil

silvertonguedevil
    from Vale, OR

I'll be there in my '51 Ford F1 if I can get it all together in time. I just got the engine in about two days ago. Tomorrow I will be installing a complete wiring harness, I need to run a brake line to the right front wheel, run fuel lines, put the front clip back on and other general assembly stuff. I am driving the truck with open headers down to the exhaust shop to have my exhaust put on the morning of the show!! :eek:

So it's going to be a long (late nights) week. Wish me luck!

12. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

Sounds like a lot of deadlines are going to be close. Good luck to everyone.

13. Buzznut

Buzznut

Pickups not ready...probably because I don't have ten like minded gearhead buddies with skills to help me... sooo, all I'm bringing is my fat ass and my Canon DSLR.

Tommy V...LOVE that badass Chevy!

DRUGASM...we'll have to hook up...what cars are you all bringing? I'll look for you...

MEDDLER...where will you be hangin?

PB Bruce...of all the dudes in orange which one will you be?

Last edited: Jul 18, 2009
  14. MrBelvedere2

MrBelvedere2
    from Davis, CA

hey guys, I'm still planning on coming to the show with my 56 Belvedere, I got the hood painted so it's finally not primer gray anymore! The rest of the week will be a thrash session as a friend just bought a nice 54 buick roadmaster we'd like to get to the show as well, has some wiring issues, time to figure it out!

15. esoj1987

esoj1987
    from norCal

Really looking foward to this show, last years was very fun.

16. Buzznut

Buzznut

Me ends in eeee

17. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

I'll be the conductor of this train. Most likely walking around with a binder in my hand and talking to myself (Bluetooth). Ask any of them, they'll point me out.

18. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

Hows the weather supposed to be next weeked? What are the rules for bringing in outside beverages (soda,water,...beer?) ? Whats the best time to show up and what gate should we use?

19. chopt49

chopt49

Going to be at the NHRA event in Sonoma.... damn. Have a great show...

20. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

Looks like it going to be 100+ according to some reports and mid 90's according to others. :confused:

Bringing in your own beverages is ok as long as everything is in cups. NO GLASS OR CANS alchohol, put in a cup.

Registration will start at 4 PM at the East gate. We will have our guys out with the CalExpo parking people to show you in. All vehicles in the show do not have to pay parking.

21. Buzznut

Buzznut

i was wondering about parking... is it the Cal Expo standard rate? I know a LOT of people park across the street during the State Fair to save the $8 or $10. I mean heck, why not, it allows you to but ONE more State Fair hotdog or Texas Donut...if you're lucky.

22. LarzBahrs

LarzBahrs
    from Sacramento

Can people without cool cars come to ??

23. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

Yep, CalExpo standard $10 per car

Yes, they're called spectators.

24. 50lincolnsport

50lincolnsport

Got the sickest sycle trophy done, and getting finished with my class trophy. i am putting in the windshield in my 50 lincoln and driving it out. what time does the vending booth set-up start ? last year i think we set-up at 10. me and my wife miss Lizzy D Vine are super excited about the show and her debut burlesque performance. Peace Austin King

25. nailhead_brent

nailhead_brent

Bruce you know we will be there!

hopefully I get the tranny to top leaking by then, if not, I got a big pan!

still have alot to do to the wagon but we will be there!

26. 61TBird

61TBird

It was in the 100's all week and will stay that way to next weekend.
    C'mon,you live in Merced,you can handle the heat!

PB Bruce,
    I'll be bringing the Tbird.

27. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

vendor setup time is from 2 to 4 PM.

28. silvertonguedevil

silvertonguedevil
    from Vale, OR

I got the truck running today so I am 80% there!

29. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

yeah...i know. its hot hot hot. our plan is to get into sac early and shower up before the show. i need to do some research this week...the rubber plug for my floorboard over the master cylinder is MIA. it sends a nice hot breeze right up the old dickies and that might get old on a 2 hr voyage.

anyone from mid-valley that wants to caravan theres about 6 or 7 cars leaving the Merced Costco around 8, 830, 9....you know.

30. Buzznut

Buzznut

I'll be coming down the hill from a place that's about 10 to 15 degrees cooler...not really fond of 100+ weather but the cars will be well worth it. I'll have a CamelBack on with frozen juice and a few waters packed in my camera bag... should be ok but if I drop from heatstroke I expect a few orange shirts to at least come and take a look...lol.