Register now to get rid of these ads!

1932 auburn info or fans please

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sic944t, Jun 17, 2009.

1. sic944t

sic944t
    from ohio

ok this isnt a whats my car worth thread .. i know what auburns are im from auburn indiana i got a once in a life time chance to own one but im afraid that i dont have the money ... !!! ... or the means to give the car the proper love it deserves and with two other very important projects in the works its hard to add this so i wanted some oppinions and ideas on it and perhaps what you guys think its worth in its shape .... i may have a line on a correct title but its basically a very complete roller with its grill its lights its radiator and many other little items near as i can tell it would fetch a shit load of monmey if it were a 32 ford ... but its not i know these cars seem to range from 50k to 70 k in mint condition its the lowest trim model so its not special its one of about 11k made in 1932 in 1931 they made 32k
    anyways here it is ..
    its metal is in great shape i think its worth at least 10 ta 15 ... please tell me if im retarded i wont sell it for less than 10 so i guess thats what its worth too me ha

[​IMG]

2. alsancle

alsancle

I doubt it's worth 15k as is and probably only 30ish mint. The sedans have much less value then the verts. I would go to the Auburn Cord Duesenberg club forum as those guys would know more then the guys here. My guess is that you will end up keeping it.

3. The Cap'n

The Cap'n
    from Kansas

It's not a bad looking body, and 30-40K isn't so far off...though a *perfect* restoration of concours quality could bring more. If it's missing the engine/trans...that can bring the price down quite a bit considering they aren't an easy thing to track down. Looking at it as if I was going to buy it...missing the engine and trans, along with the interior (?), original wheels, bumpers, and steering wheel and/or column (I didn't see a steering wheel)...I would deduct quite a bit considering the amount of parts missing and the rarity of finding them (rare doesn't always mean big money for a restored car, but it almost always does when it comes to buying parts).

15K is definitely too high, you might get 10K if you sat on the car for a very long time. But as alsuncle said, you'll probably end up keeping it.

4. F&J

F&J

I am sort of looking for more 1932 oddball cars, and an Auburn is at the top of the list. I like the body style.. However, I don't think I can handle finding so many parts that your car will need. It is insane to watch stuff on ebay constantly for several builds at once.....and be forced to bid higher that you really want to.

I'd love to own it if it were near complete. It looks like it was parted out, probably by someone with the pricey conv sedan or cabriolet.

Are there other parts that go with it??? like bumpers, tail/cowl lights, handles..etc etc ??

5. sic944t

sic944t
    from ohio

yes yes and yes too those question it has a ton of rare extras