Register now to get rid of these ads!

History SECRET JUNK YARD TOUR with lots of pics. Car's back to the 30's

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Joshua Shaw, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Weasel

Weasel

Anyone figure that the ones that are rusting away are making those that are not more valuable?

2. guy1unico

guy1unico

I'm afraid there are alot these treasure chests sprinkled throughout our country. Try your damdest to have a heart steel and keep on truckin to your destination. It hurts I know.
    GDUB

3. solid

solid

cool pictures, thanks. I have been wanting to snoop around in there forever. Yes, that stuff is rusty, and its a shame, but how many guys "save" this stuff, just for it to rot down under a tarp right beside their garage? You get the old" im gonna finish that thing one of these days". This guy knows whats out there, and he knows you cant do alot with it. I would say the stuff not for sale because of having to deal with jackasses, not just to let old cars rot.(my opinion)
    This guy has nice rods, its not like he's out of touch, and thinks thats all choice tin. Like corngrower said he wont crush it, and he does not need to sell it$$$$(thats his business) it bugs me when guys let old cars go too, but i could look at pictures of old junk yards all day.You cant save em all, I have enough trouble saving mine. thanks again for the pics.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2008
  4. Abomination

Abomination

Still have a boner for that Eldo... :D

~Jason

5. What's the point? Not that i really care, but these quarters will never see the road again.

6. ttop88

ttop88
    from indiana

The one that got my attention was the factory panther pink 70 Duster. That is a rare one.

7. good ole cincy..home....Mad Man's auto comes to mind looking at these pics...was strickly pre 70's cars..unless it was a 70's "speciality" car....i know they quite selling stuff there years ago too...now that place would give ya a serious woodie in your britches!!!!!!seen my first 401 poncho motor there...thought my best friends dad was yankin my leg for years about poncho 401 motors..all i knew about was 326, 389, 400...but they had a hell of alot more to die for cars besides 20's and 30's rods..gto's all the mopar stuff ya could dream of.......anything ya would want to have now they had ..and alot of them..guy went all over the us dragin stuff home..and very little of it was wrecked...most was perfect, driveable cars.......:rolleyes:...

8. Abomination

Abomination

Kind of like a hot nun? LOL!
    :D

~Jason

9. Bullet Man

Bullet Man

may they rust in peace!

10. arca39

arca39
    from summit il

wow cool pics. the onlt thing is the house in the background, sooner or latter some one not car friendly is going to mess it all up for everyone.

11. too bad this yard missed out on the hi price of scrap steel
    so when is the auction ?
    hopefully he can watch it all go away and make some room for a new batch

aww heck i'm gettin a 68 lemans vert all mudded up... again... as we speak

after further review of the pics they are all roadworty ... if rust is a problem as some one else said your spoiled .
    .."all hail the salted road for it will eventully stop all cars it comes in contact with.........."

Last edited: Dec 27, 2008
  12. rebstew187

rebstew187

Not trying to steal the post but a few have been asking me about the junkyard run we are making. Some said they tried to PM me but couldn't get through. Sorry about that I had a option checked in my PM options that shouldn't have been. If anyone wants to go on the yard tours my pm box will take your measages now. By the way these are going to be rusty too.:p
    Later guys.

13. MIKE-3137

MIKE-3137

isnt that a 61 Impala convertible in there too? that hurts....

14. That's Ok.... cause when I find the fountain of youth,I won't let you old fart know where it's at. :D

15. Ole Pork

Ole Pork

Man, if some of you guys think there are not even any parts cars there, you damn sure need new glasses. There are even a few builders. Then again, if you're a yuppie who has someone else do your building for you, you probably wouldn't know the difference...............

16. brandon

brandon

did hennards totally close up shop...? i drove past the yard a couple weeks ago , and there are still some cars on the hill.... :D

17. omegatribe76

omegatribe76

can you email me the name of the car # 12 down
    the one with the face

[email protected]

18. slow cheetah

slow cheetah
    from missouri

Cool pics, thanks for sharing! The pics remind me of a place in Iola, KS (model t haven)....lots of cool old cars and trucks.

19. rebstew187

rebstew187

Sorry Brandon. I just seen this. Donnie Hennard still has the place on 11th St in Newport. The old yard on Rt 10 is open but not much in there. Chuck Hickman is working the yard now and renting the top part from Donnie. Chuck is a scrapper and not a car guy. He drags them in and ripps a few parts and away to the crusher for scrap price.

20. 454_4_ON_THE_FLOOR

454_4_ON_THE_FLOOR
    from Selden, TX

Good god man! They're just gonna let all that stuff sit and rot!?!? I hate people like that!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. What a waste.............very sad

22. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

What a shame, man that stuff is scrap.

23. want cars like these?? bring dollars Crookston MN guy has a lot of stuff
    looks like this stuff Bob Raymond is his name, lots of buicks and oldsmobiles, chev of most years
    caution may be hard to deal with:eek:
    wants to buy more stuff
    claims to want to sell?? not much going out

24. russnunn

russnunn
    from Florida

Thats no junkyard with nothing for sale its a graveyard what a shame I also love those old boneyards. The only problem is I get enthusovision and want to take everything home and rebuild it.

25. tattedfordguy

tattedfordguy

26. 1950Effie

1950Effie
    from no where

Great pics. Thanks for sharing.

Rust in peace. You guys deserve the rest.

27. Modeler Teysik

Modeler Teysik

Did I see a roadster in one of the first pics?

28. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

That Desoto hood ornament is cool.I would mount that sucker on the wall just like it is for everyone to see.That is great he isn't selling his stuff.Thats more stuff for future generations .I am not selling my stuff either. Thanks man for posting the pictures!

29. Candy-Man

Candy-Man

"corngrower32" : Certainly looks like Eric's yard? If it is, that is a long distance away from your town....

Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
  30. freebird101

freebird101