Register now to get rid of these ads!

Denver- who crashed roadster?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LOW LID DUDE, Jul 13, 2009.

1. Thoughts and prayers.

2. Rudy J

Rudy J
    1. Austin HAMB'ers

Prayer sent. . .

3. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

A very graphic reminder that if you drive a hot rod and you get in an accident.......................YOU LOSE.................EVERY TIME. A computer, crumple zones, air bags, crash bumpers, impact I-beams in the other vehicle all insure that you get the short end of the stick.

Frank

4. rat pink

rat pink
    BANNED

good thoughts and speedy recovery from the west coast!
    i hate drunk drivers!

5. All our prayers...

6. can't help but wonder if there wasn't another one too. OP said grey primer car with white pinstripes, different car?

Prayers out to Dustin!!!!

7. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

hotroddon I was the first to ask about the crash.The guy that told me he saw the car on a rollback was probably mistaken due to seeing how destroyed the car was.He said it looked like a NASCAR crashed car,that bad.Oh my god what a mess.The pictures give me chills down my spine. Yes I agree we need to come together and help out his family.Maybe at the Arvada Firefighters show a donation could be collected.

8. Keep

Keep

Damn that's scary. Heres to a speedy recovery.

9. chopdtop

chopdtop

Prayers go out to him.

I just saw the roadster, and I think the trucks, last month at the nationals here.

10. Wow, I dont even know what to say. It kills me to even look at it. My prayers go out to him.

11. flat34pu

flat34pu

Our Prayers sent to Dustin and his family

12. Bigchuck

Bigchuck
    from Austin, TX

Very sad. Hope Dustin quickly and fully recovers.

13. T.W.Dustin

T.W.Dustin

Prayers for Dustin and his family from former Coloradan (Littleton)

14. forty1

forty1

Good Wishes & Prayers sent to Dustin & family...

15. hotrodjim

hotrodjim

My families thoughts and prayers go out to Dustin for a complete and speedy recovery

16. hotrodsneverdie

hotrodsneverdie

Best wishes to the family. I hope he pulls through....

17. 454_4_ON_THE_FLOOR

454_4_ON_THE_FLOOR
    from Selden, TX

Man thats awful, I wish him the best. I'm really sorry to see something like this happen. You can drive as carefully as you can and something like this can still happen. I hope they throw the book at the guy! and make him buy Dustin another roadster too!

18. Shit,that's some scary pics! I do hope Dustin makes a good recovery.

There's a big push on over here just now about young,inexperienced drivers!

Looks like Dustin's found out the hard way. Get well soon bro!

19. Dustin is a regular on our club forum...

On behalf of the Road Devils car Club, we all wish him the best for a speedy & full recovery.

20. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This sort of thing happens way too much. Once ever is too many times. My sympathy to the family and best wishes to Dustin.

This is the reason that EVERY car I have built has had a shit load of extra steel re-enforcing in the body rather than to old wood of a floppy steel body. Its easy to hide and really makes a difference in something like this. Safety first.

Good luck Dustin, no one deserves this.

Doc.

21. Dr.Theo

Dr.Theo

geez this is terrible, my wishes for a speedy recovery.

but i have to ask in all honesty how does something like this happen? was dustin passing and the guy in the jimmy did not check his mirrors or what?

22. chopt55bc

chopt55bc

i was hit by a drunk driver last year, and although i did not get injured, my 53 pickup was totaled. i was told that i was lucky to be alive. and even though i didn't get hurt, it still was a devastating experience! my life has totally changed because of it. i wish Dustin a very speedy recovery. prayers to him and his family.

23. white64

white64
    from Maine

If you look at pictures of wrecks from the thirties and forties, "Williams statement about them "coming apart" is so true. One layer of steel with some supports scattered about, solid steering shafts, poor brakes, primative door latches etc...
    We add better brakes, steering, seat belts and shoulder harnesses maybe. But we also add speed and toss these 70 or 80 year old cars into the mix of modern vehicles at speeds they were never intended for. And we baby the hell out of them and watch for everything, I think "we" are some of the safest drivers out there...
    ... but most of our cars can't compete safety wise.

Sometimes it's like a motorcycle with 4 wheels, like the roadster in the pics. ( I would never suggest a helmet in open roadsters, but!?..) We just have to drive like the world is out to get us, and sometimes that's still not enough. Ask any biker.

Best wishes to Dustin, his family and everyone that love these old cars regardless of the chances they/we take.

24. RAY With

RAY With

Not a happy day to have to be reading about a fellow rodder being injured. Our prayers go out to Dustin and his family and hope for a very speedy recovery.

25. CARCUTTER

CARCUTTER
    from MASS

Very sorry to hear about this poor kid, I hope all goes well for him. Best wishes to him.

26. wlspdshop

wlspdshop
    from Missouri

Thoughts and prayers sent....

27. Ichoptop

Ichoptop

anything we can do please let us know

Road Devils CC Colorado

28. RichG

RichG

Prayer sent...get well Dustin

29. thayer

thayer
    from P-Hoe_Nix

is there a paypal account we can donate to? I dont have much but Im sure I can spare a little something

Thayer

30. Dirk35

Dirk35

Wow! Prayers from my end too.