Register now to get rid of these ads!

Fe ford 6 carb intakes

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nick-the-kiwi, Jul 13, 2009.

1. I am still searching for a 6x2 intake or complete setup for ford fe engines. Were edelbrock the only company casting these? I found 1 post from a few years ago claiming weiand & offenhauser both made them also, is that correct? Does anybody know where I may be able to get one? I will be in the states durring August and am looking to buy. Any leads or imformation greatly appreciated.

2. deadbeat

deadbeat

Good luck in finding one.Ive been looking for one for years.All my FE intakes are Edelbrock except for the blower intake that I have.Shoot up to Bakersfield when you are there & see Squeek, he may be able to help you out ,,Deadbeat

3. James427

James427
    BANNED

Blue Thunder makes a new 8V manifold, part number
    #IM-427MR-8V <!--"''"-->

Here is a link to their website. There is no picture of it so I don't know how HAMB friendly it is or what carbs it takes.

http://www.bluethunderauto.com/id25.html

Can't help you out on a 6X2

4. BAD ROD

BAD ROD

They show up on Ebay once in a while. That is where I got mine.

5. Anybody have any info on who used to make them?

6. BAD ROD

BAD ROD

7. BigRed390

BigRed390

This is for a pair of 4's if I'm not mistaken. If I am mistaken, I need a bank loan, and quick! :D

8. Got this on eBay..............
    [​IMG]

9. CJ Steak

CJ Steak
    from Texas

I wouldn't even want to know what that cost... but damn that looks great on an FE!

10. Hey ctfuzz, i think i have the same manifold as you. I love it.

11. What carbs are you running?

12. I was going to run 6 94s but im saving for all 97 big logos. My t is going to be a 60s inspired drag coupe. Spindle mounts up front no brakes, pie crust slicks in rear etc.

13. Cost for the 6X2 Edelbrock's are all over the map. I got mine last fall with 7 94's for $400. Jumped on that as fast as I could.

Nick, still looking for you. The offer still stands for a tripower if you want to wait. My tri's are going nowhere. (FERoadster)

Movin/on

14. Skrayp

Skrayp

I found an NOS Edelbrock 6x2 on ebay, and paid dearly for it. I had to do a nightly search for about 3-4 months on that damn site and Google as well before I found one. Patience and fortitude....

15. Cshabang

Cshabang

i have one as well....Its an old polished unit that doesnt look like it was ever on anything..UNTIL i put it on my motor...haha I've only seen 1 other one in person and it was from New Zealand..Its an Edelbrock...Found mine in Alaska..actually it found me..haha

16. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Harrys coupe from New Zealand at speedweek 08
    Cshabang i'm guessing this is the car your talking about its now back here.
    I wish one of those intakes would find me.

Thanks movin /on i will be in touch by email your offer is very generous

any of you guys going to speedweek this year i hope to pull in friday afternoon. be nice to meet some other fe freaks?

17. BAD ROD

BAD ROD

I was the one bidding against you on eBay for that intake! :) I found one a couple weeks later on eBay for $675 with carbs, linkage and fuel block.

Mike

18. yblock292

yblock292

gasserkid got one for his 430 lincoln, 6 97's no name on the manifolds.

19. Skrayp

Skrayp

Yeah, that's how my luck goes. I thought about going after that one too. I also missed out on the one Movin/On got for 400 bucks. That was a steal! I've been thinking about buying all new Strombergs for mine. It's only money, right?:rolleyes:

20. Cshabang

Cshabang

Yep...thats the one Nick...I cant wait to get started on my truck just to stuff that in the engine compartment for mock up..hahaha

21. I really lucked out on the 6X2. I later paid $600 for a NOS Latham Supercharger manifold for one of my FE's. I consider the Latham manifold really rare (I do have a Latham 12 stage setup & 6 Carter YH's to adapt). I've had really good luck on the FEForum. Just bought 2 really nice Cal Custom FE Valve Covers for an FE for $100.

Nick Try the Vintage Thunderbird Club Forum if you know someone who is a forum member. I'm going to join in the next week since I've still got a 60 T-Bird Convert in Michigan. After I join I'll ask if you haven't already.

Movin/on

22. BAD ROD

BAD ROD

After trying to bring 6 old crusty carbs back to life, I had thoughts about new Strombergs too. :) I just mounted my intake a week ago and am getting the carbs and linkage sorted now. My goal is to have it done by the Midnight Mass car show in Sacramento which is in a couple of weeks.

Mike