Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage My Iola Wisconsin swap meet photos--days 1-3

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by povertyflats, Jul 9, 2009.

1. titus

titus

It was marked $25 and i offered $20 for it and he took it, so maybe hes lying to ya! uh oh!

JEFF

2. ruttencutter

ruttencutter

Hey guys, what are the odds that I can find a painless or rebel wire dealer at Iola tomorrow... Anybody see one?

I'd also love to know if anybody saw any old Edelbrock 302 intakes...

Might head up tomorrow if I can talk the family into it

3. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Day 3 update-- we bought more stuff including a pedal car, some nice gas and oil signs at the auction, and a set of Coker WW tires using my HAMB Alliance membership which saved a ton of money. Thank you Corky and Ryan.

4. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Also today my brother in law Lawrence bought a pickup truck at the auction and got a real bargain. Thank you to Bobwop for hauling the truck home and keeping it safe for us. What a great guy he is. Here is the truck. <center>
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    </center>

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  5. Black Primer

Black Primer

Hey Povertyflats, no wonder I couldn't find you. From the looks of all your photos you put a few miles on your sneakers! I think the wife wants to go tomorrow, so I'll look again. You said you were just south of the tower, right?

6. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Sadly we are heading home to KS on Sunday so we won't be able to meet you Black Primer. Have enjoyed the hospitality of WI folks for 10 days and now time to head south and face the heat wave. Will miss this place.

7. nico32

nico32
    from fdl, wi

I know Kwikwire will be there as I was going to head up with them, but was stuck working.

8. wannadrag

wannadrag
    from WI

There was a pretty steady stream of vendors heading past my place this evening so i wouldnt count on them being there.Half if not more will be gone by morning.

9. sololobo

sololobo

Damn Brother, we are going to call you P.F. flyer the way you have been gettin around. That Iola meet looks like an awesome event. Thanx for posting the cool pictures!! The old H.A.M.B. alliance discount is the bomb when you make a purchase like The Cokers, wake up fellas and get on board, it will make you money and keep the ship afloat here!! Salina is on my mind, hope to see the "A" there. ~Sololobo~

10. ruttencutter

ruttencutter

That many vendors are leaving tonight?

Bummer, maybe it isn't worth the almost 3 hour drive for me tomorrow...

11. wannadrag

wannadrag
    from WI

Was there till around 5pm and lots of them packing up.Still alot of cars to look at though.If you go get there early as the place pretty much clears out by mid afternoon.

12. Tetanus

Tetanus

Ya,I went there once on sunday I dont think I would do it again,and im only 1 1/2 hrs away.

13. ruttencutter

ruttencutter

Well, that settles it. Unless somebody can tell me Tetanus is wrong, I guess I won't be going. Boo hoo for busy Saturdays.

Anybody within a while from Madison have a nice set of Edelbrock 302 kit laying around, let me know.

14. jonnycola

jonnycola

Haha. The hot rod gods must like me... I showed up at 2 o'clock on saturday, walked for 3 hours and found all this. I would have kept buying but I couldn't carry anymore shit in my wheelbarrow.
    [​IMG]

Did someone on here score those whitewall inglewood slicks on the 50 merc wheels behind the tower? If so, I'll buy them... I wanted those fuckers so bad. haha

Last edited: Jul 11, 2009
  15. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

Paul, the truck made it home no prob. Tell Lawrence it is safe under the carport at the house.

I tried three times to catch up with Krooser and Tub in da Dirt. To no avail. I did catch up with Cliffy. Nice to meet Seesko, too. As usual, it was a pleasure to run into Inlaw Model A and his father. Hanging with Paul was a treat.

Auction was all over the board. Lawrence got the best deal of the day.

Car corral was crazy high. I did not make an offer.

Example: 53 Belair four door sedan for $18,900! And you HAMBers haven't even noticed my 53 Belair two door hardtop for $6000 less!!!!!

16. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

17. i was on the prowl for the good stuff... and found it
    sorry i missed you guys.. i had pictures of the wildfire to show you bob
    i did get the spindles and spring i needed so the trip was a sugsess
    tom

18. krooser

krooser

I sold some stuff on Thursday but got jinxed on Fri/Sat. But I didn't bring a lot of small items, either.

I can enjoy the show more again since I no longer help run it.... much easier.

I handed out lots of info on the Shakedown which, incidentaly, is being held only 11 miles east of Iola. If you renew or start a subscription to CK Deluxe or OSR you'll get a free pass to the Shakedown .... but you've gotta stop by today.

19. Hi Scott...!

Good to hear from you again!

Looking for wiring... Check out the HAMB vendors!

Mike (sidevalve) at the "Hotrod Company" in Madison carries Rebel wire kits and has them in stock as well as offers a discount!!!

Hi Paul.... Great meeting you in "Allenton"!!!

I think your camera adds 30 pounds... funny thing is that it only adds that weight on me!!!;)

Hope you had fun in Wisconsin!!!

Later

20. 210sedan

210sedan
    from upnorth,wi

even if half leave,it's still a BIG MEET

21. Seems like only yesterday I was there getting overwhelmed by the whole experience. Oh yeah! it was. Whatta show. Like Sturgis only cars. The swap meet was amazing. Great car show. Stock restored machines, Rodz and Kustoms, Amazing one off stuff.
    It was nice hanging with you, Paul, at your booth and meeting Bobwop. Nothing like Kansas hospitality. Great pictures too.
    Thanks to Falcon Man and Bull for the Minnesota hospitality at the camp ground. I had a ball.
    If you haven't been it's worth the trip. Well run and organized. Pretty good food and all the usual car show/swap meet stuff Xs 2 or 3. I'm recovered and ready for next year.
    Mark

22. flatoz

flatoz

But what about the Olds in the background?

23. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

You mean this old thing? It is one of his best looking cruisers. <center>
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    </center>

24. Might be able to arrange shipment to OZ just for you.... ;)

25. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Mark, it was good meeting you. I enjoyed your company even though it wasn't long. Stop by next time in KS.

26. flatoz

flatoz

Thanks Paul,

yes know that car. It is nice thats for sure.

27. FalconMan

FalconMan
    from Minnesota

Hey Povertyflats, it was nice to meet you. Your A in the used car corral was awesome. Hopefully you sold it.

This swap is amazing. It never ends and there is always something different around each corner.

I had a great time. Great weather and friends to hang with. I was lucky and found a Guide 6004 turn signal switch for my RPU that was number one on my shopping list.

Doug

28. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Good meeting you too Doug. I didn't sell very much but sure bought alot of things.

29. Crey

Crey
    from Tejas

Oh my God.... that's one absolutely gorgeous car..... :eek:

30. Thanks for carrying your camera, I always enjoy photos of tin at swap meets. Looks like a good helping of 30/31 projects.