Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 300 mph chevy truck...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by edgeabilly, Jul 12, 2009.

1. edgeabilly

edgeabilly

Have you guys seen this? I think it's kinda cool.

2. edgeabilly

edgeabilly

The link did not work. I'll try again.

3. edgeabilly

edgeabilly

4. sun down

sun down
    from tx

I received it this morning on email.. I was trying to figure out how to post it but gave up...

thanks for linking it up..........I thought it was neat..

5. sun down

sun down
    from tx

not automotive........what would you call it then..
    I guess just different, bet it would be fun to ride it though.

6. John Denich

John Denich

If Muscle Cars are your main love why are you here? not that I car really care!

I think that truck is cool!

7. Here you go..........joe

<div><object width="426" height="350"><param name = "allowScriptAccess" value = "always" /><param name="wmode" value="opaque"></param><param name="movie" value="http://izismile.com/video/player/player.swf"><param name="FlashVars" value=http://izismile.com/img/img2/20090709/video//12_chevy.flv&autostart=false"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><embed wmode="opaque" src="http://izismile.com/video/player/player.swf" FlashVars="file=http://izismile.com/img/img2/20090709/video//12_chevy.flv&autostart=false" allowFullScreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess = "always" width="426" height="350"></embed></object><br />Fastest 57 Chevy in the world (7.6 Mb)</div>

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  8. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

who's complaining? it's bad ass, it's a 57 that goes 300 miles an hour, if it was out on the salt flats no one would be griping, so this makes all the land speed jet cars not automotive? It's fast,it's cool,it shoots flames out the back, it's like a hot wheels creation come to life. :D

9. edgeabilly

edgeabilly

Nicely put. :D

10. jonzcustomshop

jonzcustomshop

art arfons,craig breedlove= hot rodding...
    this is just the modern version.

11. ratpak

ratpak
    from Onsted, Mi

Thats a wild truck!!! its got 4 wheels.?.?.?.?.?.? I would say its a truck with a rocket ship attached to it. Sweet find thanks for the video.

12. spinout

spinout
    from Dallas, TX

I appreciate the accomplishment on the truck, it's just that I prefer WHEEL DRIVEN land speed racing.

13. knuckelhead

knuckelhead
    from socal

are you for real? maybe you should watch the video again this time hit play

14. riverrat

riverrat

i have seen that pickup run and it takes some serious balls to be at the wheel.

riverrat

15. 2manyprojects

2manyprojects

Anybody know what kind of suspension beneath that truck. Wheel hop or shimmey at 300mph :eek::eek:

16. I counted six wheels...

Sam

17. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

It has wheels it is 52 years old and it halls ass cool in my book.

18. flyin-t

flyin-t

God, I thought I was stuck in the past. Piston driven unlimiteds have been gone, sadly, for 25 years or more. Get over it or build one of your own and go racing.

And you're wrong about the '57 truck. While it isn't my thing, it's pure hot rodding, not the avenue I'd go down, but hot rodding none the less.

19. Thats hot shit man! I would call that automotive. Wonder what kinda tranny is holding up to that power?

20. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

when your passenger has to sign a release to ride, it's not just a hot rod,it's a really really badass hot rod. thanks for the video:D

21. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

tranny? it's thrust powered, i haven't seen a tranny yet that can handle 25000 horses. anybody know who the guy was who has the allison turbine powered truck on the hot rod power tour a few years back? this thig is insane it's like a cross between a fighter jet and a 57 chevy, would make a very cool transformer for the movie,lol, i just thought of that,

22. crackerass54

crackerass54
    from dallas

NO! if you make the passenger sign a release it is NOT a hot rod (hey jim we can take my 46 to the store if you want to , oh wait you have to sign this) you can put a jet engine on anything that rolls and go three hundred MPH, it's just too bad he cut up a good truck to do it, he should have used a prius now that would have been amusing

23. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

you are bitching because he cut up the truck? this isn't some rat rod that someone built in their backyard, that thing could eaisily run into six figures for the build, why would i want to see a 300 mile an hour prius? that would suck, i want to see something cool go 300 mph. despite what you think it's not easy to build something that fast and be able to even control it.

24. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

the only way the prius could be cool in this,is if it were directly behind those jet engines when he kicked out those flames, now THAT would be cool.

25. crackerass54

crackerass54
    from dallas

you really missed my point here and who's bitchin? not me, not my truck ,the amusement would be to see a prius cut up. not built into something fast, ok? and no it's not that hard to go 3 hundred miles an hour with jet propulsion, if it rolls, go's straight and the jets are aligned what else do you need, and why are we even arguing about it the thing shouldn't even be on here

reply to LOSTFORAWHILE

Last edited: Jul 12, 2009
  26. LarzBahrs

LarzBahrs
    from Sacramento

How the hell do you figure it isnt automotive? Its a '57 chevy trucking going 300 mph! How hot rod can you get! They do jet drags alot down at strips so it IS drag racing. They also race jet motors at bonneville.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2009
  27. pdc

pdc

Go tell Art Arfonz he's not a hotrodder.

28. pdc

pdc

That would be blasphamey.

29. edgeabilly

edgeabilly

I'd be cool to see it at night.

30. NTAPHSE

NTAPHSE

Holy FNG thread! Who's talking to who here?