Register now to get rid of these ads!

Newbie from colorado

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by modelaratrod, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Hello all, and thanks to Ryan for a great forum.

I'm new to traditional rodding but have always loved the style, I started out with dirt bikes then moved up to street bikes (mostly rice rockets) then moved to VW's and big stereo systems and all kinds of nonsense in between. I'm currently working on a 48 chevy fleetline areo sedan, it has 65k org miles and is a complete car (mostly un molested) it had thrown a rod and sat for ever before I got my hands on it. I've had it for almost 5 years now and just could not afford to work on it. I'm putting in a 55 235 inline six that I've converted to full presure filtered oil, it needed an over bore .60 new pistons, rings, 3/4 cam all bearings, lifters, pushrods, a dual intake w/ progressive 2b carbs, twice pipes for exhaust all as funding was available.
    I just got a wiring harness to go to 12v and rebuilt kits for the brakes, I'm shooting for running and driving this summer.

Waiting in the wings I picked up a 30-31 a 2 door sedan body and frame, I found a donor car for the drive train it's a 69 ford fairlane 500 w/ 302 runs great just looks bad so it will go under my knife and get a new life as AV8 sedan.

Thanks to all who have posted, Ive spent so mutch time lurking here and soaking up the knowledge.

Attached Files:

2. Lucky667

Lucky667
    from TX

modelaratrod, Hello & Welcome to the HAMB from South Texas.

Lucky667

3. Thank you, Lucky

4. I've noticed alot of you guys are also into motorcycles, here is the one my son and I built.

Attached Files:

5. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Welcome from greeley!

6. rexrogers

rexrogers

great projects

7. attastude

attastude

welcome from Oregon

8. Flatheadguy

Flatheadguy

Welcome from next door...sorta. Grant, Nebraska.

9. Johnny C.

Johnny C.

Welcome from N.W. Nebraska.

10. Thank you to all....

11. 7"Chop

7"Chop
    from Denver

Welcome Model A ......we don't use the rr word here.

12. Uhm.... ok maybe I should put a SBC in all my rides also, Would that make you happy???? TOOL

13. SOHC427

SOHC427

Welcome, from Elizabeth...
    Love the old iron!

Eric

14. Welcome from Gunnison............

Johnnie.

15. Thanks Eric and Johnnie, I've got the mill just about rapped up and I'm cleaning up the firewall before the install... pics to follow soon.

16. 7"Chop

7"Chop
    from Denver

It is debatable that the small block chevy is traditional…I think they are and this thread seems to back me up http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=363738&highlight=small+block+chevy

What is not debatable is rat rods on this site. Start a thread here professing your love for the rat rod and you will soon find out that I am not the only TOOL here

Check out this thread and see what the other TOOLS are saying.....http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=370628

Last edited: Jun 13, 2009
  17. What is not debatable is your contribution to this site, eg: 454 post of "welcome" & "search" & "btt" how bout you put the keyboard down unless your going to be helpful and get out in the garage and work on something...TOOL
    Also the NI&&er word is perfectly acceptable from a brotha to a brotha, ha ha you've never been to five points!!!