Register now to get rid of these ads!

ride quality

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bn48chevy, Jul 10, 2009.

1. bn48chevy

bn48chevy
    from nd

what is going to give me the best ride, handling, and feel for front suspension? my choices are clipping with s10 or possible other clip but thats what i have on hand or going with a mustang 2 setup....either way it is going to be bagged which will be better for overall quality?
    i am kind of worried as i have heard some bad things about mustang 2 setups and people not wanting to do them again but yet i have also heard good...mine is going to be driven hard so i want something that will be able to hold up to the abuse and not make me worry
    thanx in advance

2. BBobb

BBobb

3. bn48chevy

bn48chevy
    from nd

nobody has any opinions on this?

4. Cosmo49

Cosmo49

Microwave the popcorn, there's beer on the reefer door....

Daily driver, only vehicle, '49 Chevy 1/2 T, stock axle, Bilstein shocks, steering dampner, longest trip was 1400 miles several 1 K trips, 45K miles in this form last 11 years: '56 235, '58 261 waiting in the wings, '62 3 sp+od, '57 3.90 rear. Have an all-synchro '69 Saginaw w/ overdrive, t-5, haven't decided which will get the nod for the 261...I do love split shifting 6 forward gears on those 3sp+od's!!!

5. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

Well, it all depends. WTF kinda car are you talking about?????

I'll assume for a moment that you have a '48 Chevy. Car? Truck? COE? Halftrack?

Help me out here....

6. straight axle, soft tires, and a good seat.

7. havi

havi

Add extra blankets to seat as necessary.

8. Oh don't be such a wuss.

9. moter

moter

Get em Scotty!!!:D

10. panic

panic

nobody has any opinions on this?

The question you asked was, in effect, "How can I spend my money, and still have it?"

You're asking for several things that have not only different, but frequently opposing requirements.
    Best ride quality: softest springs and shocks that barely prevent bottoming.
    Best handling? On what surface?
    Best handling on a pool table (skid pad, auto-X, etc.: no suspension at all (go-kart), or 500 lb/inch springs.
    Best moto-X: 30" suspension travel, 4 shocks per wheel.
    Best road race: 2" sway bars.

Everything is a compromise. There is no "best". The tighter the design envelope, the closer to success you get - and the worse at everything else. That's why they don't race dragsters at Indianapolis.

11. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

Couldn't have said it better myself! ;)

12. Must have forgot what kind of vehicle he has.