Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cruising returns to Van Nuys Blvd

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vncruiser, Apr 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alanrw

alanrw
    from SoCal

It's kinda like the Phoenix rising from the ashes, no? The resurection of the greatest cruise in the U.S.

Thanks to all who worked so hard to make this happen. The best part was everyone there had these really great smiles on their faces, musta taken hours for the muscle spasms to stop.

They say you can never go home again, I would politely (or impolitely) disagree.......

alan

2. mzchevelle

mzchevelle

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/1775670 <--A link to the Live Stream feeds.

Thank U, Reid and your wonderful crew for another successful event! I went to sleep last night, er, this morning, with a smile on my face and woke up with it too! It was like I dreamt the whole thing, but there are the live video feeds to prove that it was REAL! Can't wait to do it again next month!

Those Rydell guys were quite awesome and very cordial. They got some good air time...(and a link on www.livecarshows.com) for their dealership.
    Hey, I'm just curious...where are all of the dealer cars that are usually on that lot? I know they didn't just "move" them for us.

I hope you can make it to Route 66 in Canyon Country this Saturday for the car show. www.contemporarycarclub.org
    2nd Saturday each month. The band is awesome!
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>

3. MCM

MCM

No problem, thanks for the shirt! It was cool to finally meet you after all the back and forth over the phone and through email...

4. DUDE? I cannot fucking believe the turn out. And yes Grouch Jack in the Box was way cool. Craig in the yelow '40 was first to help me stay after and pick up the SHIT you pigs left behind. Mostly cigarette butts, nasty. Then Jenny and a few others who cared enough to make an effort helped clean. There was less actual trash, thank you to all who took their shit with them. But can you guys who smoke throw away your butts in trash cans? That was nasty but if somebody doesn't we'll get thrown out. We're not your Momma's. Just throw away your shit and life will be bitchin' on the BLVD. Rydell can always tell us not to come back, they don't have to do this. So let's show them that we do appreciate it. THROW YOUR SHIT IN A CAN!

5. GOT'CHA

GOT'CHA
    BANNED

Yur right, cops are'nt your frickin babysitters any more, now their your CHILDREN......we went 180!

6. Oh and Reid? Thank you for the shirt. I was just trying to do my part by lending a hand where I saw a need and cleaned up. Thx to everyone who joined me. And DAMN Reid, you brought back something that I firmly believed would NEVER happen again and with it a whole SHITLOAD of memories. And who was that Blonde with the Camera that molestd me, THAT was fun.

7. GOT'CHA

GOT'CHA
    BANNED

FRANK? R U trying to jinks this cruise????? "Till they stop us from showing up...." ? Oh, they own the streets? My ass. Think positive and like a tax payer, not some chicken s*it that wines in the corner of his garage. I love ya dude but not your thoughts on the gesstopo! Remember it ain't 35 years ago when you were intimated by a cop, now your old enough to know your rights and your old enough that those public servants are the age of your GRANDCHILDREN!!! Get right with the cruising god's Frank.LOL.

8. GOT'CHA

GOT'CHA
    BANNED

You mean "race?" jacket? Cause if it had a capital R then it was an ORIGINAL member, a founding father, per se. If I was a betting man I would say it was Tony Noto. I'm am so happy for you people. It brings tears to my eye's! You bring back B of A and you'll bring GOT'CHA and my monster cars and big mouth back to VN!!! (Watch what you wish for my friend!!!! LOL)I guess I could resurrect my pinstriping shop at Van Nuys and Keswick and make a good living. I remember the LOW RIDER lines at my shop on saturdays, around the block and 1/2 block down VN Blvd. to get window lettering ("In the still of the night" , "Suavesetto", "Love is blue" and "Love Machine" for the movie "Up in Smoke" (Chech Muran graduated with me in '64 from San Fernando High). Super Jew is my man. Took him from nothing to STARDUMB, I mean STARDOM! LOL.

9. Idol Racing Service

Idol Racing Service

It was not the issue that you seem to wish it could have been. It was a great evening. Hopefully, you were smart enough to attend.

:cool:

10. GOT'CHA

GOT'CHA
    BANNED

You guys are KILLIN ME!!!!! It ain't fair, I love it here in Washington but they are WAY to mellow. I feel the need for living fast and hard!!! SEE YA SOON!!!!! BITCHES!! LOL.

11. hey GOT'CHA if you ever come back to the valley to visit make sure you bring your brushes so you could lay down some lines on my low rider!!

12. mzchevelle

mzchevelle

Thanx to all of the effin slobs that left all your shizzle behind!!!

My boyfriend, Joe, and I went out in the parking lot along the back wall with a trash bag and the Michael Jackson latex "glove" look to pick up after you around 11-ish after it started to slow down. I was amazed that we filled that large bag so quickly. We really need this parking lot to congregate in, so it would really be appreciated if everyone would do their part.

REMINDER...YO MAMA DOES NOT WORK THERE AND WILL NOT PICK UP AFTER YOU AND WIPE YOUR A$$!

I agree the cigarette butts are especially grody (word from the 70's), but most smokers are selfish people that just don't give a rat's ass where they throw them. I think the price of a pack should be raised to $10 or $20 to help clean up the mess smokers leave in the gutters and on the beaches...and to pay for the fires they start when they throw them out of the car window.

13. GOT'CHA

GOT'CHA
    BANNED

Now that thar is funny, maybe you better help me write my books Kent!

14. GOT'CHA

GOT'CHA
    BANNED

Hint, MYLAR windows are legal up here, they weren't but cause I wanted dark windows in "FASTANG III" I went to court after 478 tickets in a 4 year period of time (and yes I have every one in 3 photo albums and won a class action suit against the State (and settled out of court) because they ARE NOT ILLEGAL!). Now ALL unmarked Washington State Patrol cars are "BLACKED OUT". Do I smell chicken feathers down there in So. Cal.? But the front plate? Put it on.

15. Idol Racing Service

Idol Racing Service

I strongly agree that people need to be more responsible and clean up their own trash. They shouldn't burden others with this...end of story!!! Smokers should carry ash tray cans or something else. Singling out smokers, or anyone for that matter, is dead wrong! I don't smoke but that is their freedom and/or choice. It's like saying muscle car and hot rod
    owners should pay more for gas and/or registration.

However, we do not need this lot. It will not be there forever. We will be lucky to have a few more months. People did not have a lot back in the day. If you are arm chair handicapped or strapped for gas money, then park your ride on the blvd. I wasn't in the lot for long as I was busy cruising. Also, I did not, and would not; eat off of the Tommy's truck. (I ate at Arby's and I am a life-long, die-hard Tommy's fan). Food trucks should not be encouraged, as it could lead to ruining this happening. There are so-called cruise nights for every night of the week in the southland which are truly nothing more than arm chair events. Real estate, like the Rydell lot, is too valuable. The only reason that we have it at all, is because they moved their dealership. I wish Rydell the best of luck and success, and I thank them dearly for being such nice, kind, good people.

16. GOT'CHA

GOT'CHA
    BANNED

Hold on, to be involved in a "Street Race", and Groucho, Super Jew, Noto, Rick, BBob, Frank, back me up here, YOU NEED TWO CARS, VEHICLES, NOT TIRES. I think I may know a little bit about this. Your ticket would be nothing more than an "EXIBITION OF SPEED" (which to a REAL street racer equates to, "You do not know how to set up your suspension and probably lost every race you ever THOUGHT you were in" ) LOL. Unless you were getting side ways then it would be "Negligent Driving" (god haven't I been there!!). Don't ask a cop about the law, they are not schooled in that, ask an attorney. Here's another "Heads up", they CAN'T convict ANYONE of "AIDING AND ABETING IN A STREET RACE" (watching) as long as just ONE of the accused (racers) pleads not guilty and continues his/her case. WHY? because the city must convict BOTH parties and you MUST be brought before the court in a speedy manner, the city WILL lose (dismiss) by technicality- your right to a SPEEDY TRIAL. Hope this helps.

17. GOT'CHA

GOT'CHA
    BANNED

Here's a thought, why don't you just act like you might have a fast car in your own way and let others grow up like most street racers (except me). And IDIOTS DON'T CLOSE PUBLIC STREETS, you yahoo, oh wait, yes they do, THEIR CALLED CITY COUNSEL'S!!!!!!!!! AND IT'S a violation of YOUR right to travel. (You are not your brothers keeper and you are'nt responsible for a person like me's actions)(Thank goodness, huh?) And if my wheelstands on Victory Blvd. in front of 10-15 different law enforcement agencies @ Winchell's in "Fantasia" at 2:30 A.M. on wens. night in the '70's when it was a slow race night would offend you, well to bad, cause 300+ other people would kick yur ass for stopping something that had nothing to do with you. It was just another thing I did as a "Right to Passage" and son,I would have done things to you that you'd still be hurting from 35 years later. BE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOU AND YOURS! There is ALWAYS going to be some arrogant person like me to take the (deserved) bullet while you cruise by with your illegal vehicle. I know you mean well and I don't, but no front license plate, or being uncorked, or hangin a "BA" from the window of your '55 also ads fuel to the fire. Doing nothing also ads fuel to the fire, now doesn't it?? Like I said, your probably a swell guy but other rodders/racers are your brethern, even when they "don't act right". Look to the "Powers that be" to be the ones you correct....AKA GOVERMENT!

18. Goozgaz

Goozgaz

Good time last night. really fun just driving around again with no particular place to go (is that from a song?)

Thing I like best is the mix of cars. Muscle, to lowrdier, to VW, to wagons, to bikes, and eben a big ol peterbuilt truck.

Very cool. Very fun.

19. MCM

MCM

Ha, I just watched that movie again yesterday and was totally surprised by how I recognized just about every location in the movie, even the address on the door of the tow truck (the one that picks up the green truck while they're in the Roxy) is just a few blocks away from my house...

20. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

You guys must be having to much fun cruising or something, cause us poor suckers who can't be there are going through photo deprivation!

You guys are living the dream, boys.

21. GOT'CHA

GOT'CHA
    BANNED

WHAT HE SAID! BOB HAS A MUCH MORE ELOQUENT WAY OF PUTTING THINGS. I'M JUST AN ARROGANT, IN YOUR FACE, OPINIONATED, DICKHEAD THAT GETS HIMSELF IN TROUBLE WITHOUT WINE'N!!!!!! AND AT THE SAME TIME, I GET THINGS DONE. I do/did a lot of productive things that others never had the balls to do.Law enforcement can't and does not intimate me, nor do elected officials or for that matter ANY person (Except Bob). Bottom line, Mr. Seghi, did you have a good time? You aren't going to change the actions of others so don't try, you'll not get so stressed. (Like me? lol)

Last edited: Jul 9, 2009
  22. GOT'CHA

GOT'CHA
    BANNED

thank you!!!!!!

23. nitronut3

nitronut3
    from SoCal

As far as the trash in the parking lot YES it should never be thrown on the ground or left on the lamp bases. BUT I walked around and did not see ONE trash can. Maybe people can pitch in just a lil $ and get some of those cardboard trash cans for the parking lot OH and LOL at the smoking comments I'd bet mzchevelle you do things that others think are selfish and disgusting also!! Just saying..PEACE

24. GOT'CHA

GOT'CHA
    BANNED

Guess he does. He's a pretty fart smeller! lol.

25. GOT'CHA

GOT'CHA
    BANNED

GROUCHO!!!! It is not you that needs to defend yourself my friend.:confused::D

26. GOT'CHA

GOT'CHA
    BANNED

exactly II.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2009
  27. Bash

Bash

The cruise was great, no doubt, but after seeing that thing you call a shirt design, I can see why you wanted me to stop selling the shirts I have that actually have something to do with Van Nuys. Whoooah! you call that a design?

28. GOT'CHA

GOT'CHA
    BANNED

now that was funny!

29. DJR13

DJR13
    from Venice, Ca

BLAH BLAH FUCKING BLAH... WTF? :eek:

30. with.disdain

with.disdain

My wife walked laps around the Rydell lot before finding a trash can to toss an ice cream wrapper. Next time we'll bring bags. I'd bring a real trash can if I could fit it in the Mustang. A special thanks to all who helped clean up!

The event was fantastic. It provided incentive to get my '67 Mustang road worthy. A new carb and a set of tires and she was ready to go. She ran flawlessly to pick up a friend, drive to the cruise, park, eat, and make a couple of laps. She then got her revenge for all my years of neglect by backing out the float level adjustment and flooding the carb in the middle of Van Nuys Blvd. It went from, "Somethings not right" to "Help me push this thing off the road" in about 30 seconds. A quick Macguyver-inspired adjustment and we were on our way.

The same car threw a plug wire rolling forward to stage at a dragstrip once. The only time I've ever seen a plug wire come off unprovoked - and it's in front of an audience. I sense a trend. I love that car...

Many thanks to all for a great time! We hope to be back for many more.
    Brian

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.