Register now to get rid of these ads!

Beware!!! Stolen titles and keys, reward offered

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bobwop, Jul 8, 2009.

1. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

I hope the mods can make this a Sticky!

I know this may not be the right place to post, but I hope you have compassion for my plight...

Two nights ago, my office was broken into. Not only did the thug(s) steal a late model car, they took all my files containing titles and keys.

now I have a lot full of cars, most are HAMB friendly, and no keys or titles!

Fortunately, our dealership name Top Notch Pre-owned Vehicles is on every title. That means these titles may not be worth a hoot and it will certainly be difficult to transfer them. If you happen across one or more of these, PLEASE alert me.

I will pay a very tidy sum to recover this great loss. No questions asked, but you need to know recovery will greatly ease my pain.

If the entire lot could be recovered, you could be the proud owner of a vehicle I have advertised here on the HAMB. Seriously, it would mean that much to have my files and keys returned.

2. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

wow. that sucks man. hope you get your shit back.

3. Rudy J

Rudy J
    1. Austin HAMB'ers

Sorry to hear that bro. Wish you the best recovering whats yours!

4. 69fury

69fury

get working on rekeying the rides, and file for replacement titles (bout 10-20bux/car where i live), upgrade your security so they cant come back for the cars. To be honest, that sounds like you might have got off lucky that they didn't take anything more than the late model.

Still sux tho, feel for ya.

5. James427

James427
    BANNED

lol, your asking as if you think a HAMB'er has them.

6. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

NO,NO. Rather, I am thinking that a HAMBer might be at a swap meet, such as Iola, and be looking for a title for his/her ride. If it was one that had our name on it, then it is stolen.

That means it is no good to the purchaser. And perhaps the person selling it is the perp. or possibly to trace a trail back the the SOB's that did this

7. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

we are on it. Ironically, the more cars they actually take, the better. It would give the authorities something to look for. They don't really care about the titles and keys, unfortunately, they feel they are of no value:eek:
    But a stolen car...now that is something they can sink their teeth into.

8. 61TBird

61TBird

do you have someone scouring craigslist and ebay also?

9. nico32

nico32
    from fdl, wi

I'm just up in fond du lac, I'll keep my eyes open.

10. Abomb

Abomb

Good luck Bob, hope you get it all back soon.

11. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

are you stoned?

i'll keep an eye out up here...

12. James427

James427
    BANNED

"I will pay a very tidy sum to recover this great loss. No questions asked, but you need to know recovery will greatly ease my pain.

If the entire lot could be recovered, you could be the proud owner of a vehicle I have advertised here on the HAMB. Seriously, it would mean that much to have my files and keys returned."

He is not talking to me. He must be talking to YOU.

13. Dr.Theo

Dr.Theo

jeeze that just sucks out loud, why on earth would they steal those so they could come back and say you stole them, with the evidence being they have the keys and titles with your names on them

14. oldspert

oldspert
    from Texas

How about a list of the vehicle titles so we will know what to look for, maybe advertise that someone needs a title for such and such a car and WHAM, the perps are caught.

15. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

WOW, that sucks, sorry to hear about this.:mad:

16. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

That sucks man. I will keep an eye open down here...will be going to the Frog Follies in August.

17. RAY With

RAY With

Typical thief who steals shit he cant sell like the titles. The keys will cause grief for the dealer to say the least and I feel pain for the loss. Thief's don't give a crap about any one or any thing as long as they get what there after. Like the idiot who destroys a $1,000.00 dash board to get a $200.00 radio. Takes all kinds and as I stated in a couple of other post beware! The economy being what it is has unleashed thousands of crooks out for a score. Gun point car jacking's here are on the up rise along with performance cars and trailers being stolen on a nightly schedule. Our traditional hot rods have a good market as to parts sold through various outlets so take the utmost precautions that you can to protect your treasured cars and parts.

18. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

You should put a ad on the local craigslist that you are looking for a car like one of the ones on your lot and see if you get responses or if that car drives off the lot. Might be one way to track the people down.

19. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Wow...I can't even imagine this happening. The amount of work to re-title and re-key those cars is staggering, too bad the police don't understand :(

I'm glad to hear you had everything titled in your name, that will make them easier to find and get duplicate copies if necessary.

You know I'll keep my eyes open down here.

If there is anything else I can do to help you know how to find me.

Good luck, chin up, this sucks :(

20. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Food for thought Megan. Are all yours in a safe??

21. Dr.Theo

Dr.Theo

with any luck they will find the late model and be able to track the thievs down

22. Kingcrow

Kingcrow

Man that sucks, hope you some leads and the police follow-up.

I hate a thief, we all have had stuff stolen. If I ever catch someone stealing my things, they will pay for all the other ones I didn't catch

23. MedicCustoms

MedicCustoms

I hope it all works out and you get your stuff back. I'll keep an eye out on c/l here for them.

24. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

that is our only hope. The dang thing has OnStar, so I had my hopes all up in the air until they told me the service was inactive and there was not a way to track the car:confused:

we are on it!

one theory is so they can come back for more cars (doubtful), another is to sell the titles (not a lot of value) and the third makes the most sense...if they are from out of State, they could dummy up a bill of sale, get a title in their own name and then get a title loan.

A couple of titles of note: 1939 Buick two door, 1953 Chevy Belair two door, 1946 Ford Sedan, 1956 Chevy Belair two door, 1957 Chevy 210 two door, 1937 Nash LaFayette 400, 1956 Buick Super Riviera two door, 1950 Oldsmobile 88 two door, 1953 Ford Mainline two door, 1963 Pontiac Parisianne Convertible, 1968 Chevy Nova two door, 1972 Chevy C10, etc.

We had a title, matching VIN and two sets of keys for every vehicle. GONE:mad:

thanks to ALL on the HAMB for your support and watchfulness. PLEASE keep my plight in mind and keep bumping this thread to the top

25. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Ill keep an ear out too here in pa. Good luck and sorry for your loss. Id kill them bastards I hate thieves

26. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Iola already in progress?
    That would be a challenge trying to look at every vendor.
    I'll watch Minnesota for ya.

27. ltex old iron

ltex old iron
    BANNED

damn that sucks..im way down here in texas but if for some odd reason i can come across one or more of them i will be sure to let you know and do what i can to get them back...and i dont expect any kind of reward...but nice offer you have up

28. Midnight 50

Midnight 50

They have keys to everything on the lot now, they WILL be back. I suggest a shotgun, some candle light, and a week on an air mattress in the floor of the building on the lot waiting for the perp to come back and finalize his destiny.

29. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

I hope they come back and take more vehicles. The more times they do so, the greater the chances our finest will catch them. The authorities are on high alert!

Last edited: Jul 9, 2009
  30. Chevytruckin98

Chevytruckin98
    from Tx

Sorry to hear it man, I despise thieves