Register now to get rid of these ads!

just got a 1964 ford fairlane need ideas!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by FlatBlackRat, Jul 8, 2009.

1. FlatBlackRat

FlatBlackRat

I just traded my 1971 gmc for a 64 fairlane 500 four door with a 260 v8 and i really dont know what to do with it so i am just wandering since i cant find that many pictures of custom fairlanes i would ask for some ideas for the car

Thanks

2. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

woodyg.com/fairlane Good Fairlane site

3. BigRed390

BigRed390

4 door Thunderbolt. :D

Maybe check the thread on falcons and galaxies done right. Similar body shapes, might give you a few ideas.

4. FlatBlackRat

FlatBlackRat

thanks i will check those out

5. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

6. SHRUM

SHRUM

Street Freak!

7. Go get your truck back >>>>.

8. Hambone64

Hambone64

agreed

9. T-Bolt Taxi ?

10. 63sprintinsabin

63sprintinsabin
    from Sabin, MN

No way, stick with the fairlane, 70's gm pickups are way overdone!

If the car is nice and in good shape, I would keep it stock looking in and out and build a monster engine for it. Find a way to shoehorn an FE into it and make a sleeper. If it does need some exterior/interior work then I would go oldschool gasser all the way!!

My 2 cents

11. Gahrajmahal

Gahrajmahal

12. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

I really like the looks of the 64 Fairlane ! The lines are great . If the car is in good shape keep the good look that it has . I always liked them with a 5 spoke mag . The 260 is a little small for that size car but you can beef them up pretty well . Get some good 65-66 --289 heads ,install a HIPO cam with solid lifters and you will have a sweet sounding car ! If you are able to change the engine , put a nice cammed 390 FE in and you will be more than happy with it !

Gotta see some pics !

13. nateluke

nateluke
    from Montana

Got one just like that, can't wait to see what you do with it!

14. FlatBlackRat

FlatBlackRat

i want to upload a pic but having trouble and i am more of a rat rod type of guy love the t-bolt taxi idea that was good and i do want to replace the motor i think it would be easier to get power out of it if anyone can help me upload a picture plz pm me thanks everyone

15. FlatBlackRat

FlatBlackRat

and i dont want the truck back it was to much work it was just a farm truck and like 63sprintinsabin said they have been done to death everyone has one the fairlane is a little more unique

16. Hambone64

Hambone64

Ehh. FE motor of some sort for a good start, paired witha nice 5 speed. Torq Thrusts. (offset of course 14's on the front and 15's on back). Cheater slicks on the ass and thin whites on the front. Metallic suede paint of course. and I kinda dug on the thought of the Thunderbolt 'taxi.' Chop the post put a bubble on the hood! I dont think its ever been done.

17. You might want to reconsider mentioning this type of information round here. It's not a rat rod site.

But, I think the moredoor T-bolt thing could work. Pretty sure there's a Thunderbolt thread you might do a search for to get some good reference ideas.

18. poofus1929

poofus1929
    from So Cal

lol

19. vertible59

vertible59

If you would like to find out what kind of power the 260 can make, research the 260 powered Cobras. Unless you are willing to do some serious fab work, forget the FE in that body. If it was mine, I would go for some 5-spokes with some big and little blackwalls, some 2 1/2 inch duals, a Crites teardrop hood, a slick Wimbelton white paint job with Rangoon red in the side trim inserts (if it is a 500 model), do the inside back stock, hop up the little 260, and ride off into the sunset smilin' like I just won the lottery.

20. RAY With

RAY With

I suggest you keep under the hood clean cut and stock looking buy installing a mustang 5.0. There is hundreds of them out there and you get 350+hp easy-It looks the same and there is a unlimited supply of dress up options.That +speed -economy-and looks. Going to FE would require cutting shock mounts-motor mounts-extra bracing-battery removal to trunk ect. You get the idea but there all options for you to choose from.Just my thoughts

21. FlatBlackRat

FlatBlackRat

yeah i like the idea of the 5.0 i could probly find one cheap and by rat rod i mean flat black chrome bumbers big thick white walls red smothie wheels with ford caps and trim rings pinstriped the hell out of the thing with a metel flake dash with pinstiping on it as well and rewrap the interior with the t-bolt seats wraped in a nice dark blood red with possibly air ride or bags or just slammed on the ground.