Register now to get rid of these ads!

Counting the days until i get home

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dr.Theo, Jul 9, 2009.

1. Dr.Theo

Dr.Theo

7 more days and i will be home

as most of you dont know me, I have been living in SE asia full time for the last three years.
    so my hot rod time is very limited, this year i will be staying for 5 weeks, and i am going nuts waiting for next thursday to come.

i land at 1:30 pm in minneapolis and hopefully by 4 I will have a model T on my trailer. i cant wait, so many many plans for this summer I should be able to have it on the road friday, not done but a driving project, next summer i think will see the Chop and body work, but who knows it may happen this year yet, then up north I have a few things to get done really not alot but i am hoping to get some of my 90% completed projects done this summer.

any ways i am just going absolutely out of my mind waiting to get back to the US

2. damnfingers

damnfingers

A heartfelt welcome back and thanks for your service..........

3. Dr.Theo

Dr.Theo

i am not military, this is where i work

4. Dr. Theo
    I feel your pain. I work in Italy. When I go home I try and get in as much driving, Eating hamburgers, Eating real meat as I can. Oh yeah playing with the wife and kids tooooo.
    Enjoy your time

5. Oldmanolds

Oldmanolds

SE Asia? I hope it has changed a lot since the late 60's. I was in SE Asia (Vietnam) for 18 months, and I was the happiest sob to be home in the world. Welcome back. I hope you get a lot of hotrodding under your belt before you have to return.

6. fonti

fonti

I live in Switzerland - one of the hot rod deserts...and have to wait another 3 weeks for the trip to Bonneville! Look very forward to the hot rod overkill, yeahhhhhhhhhh.

I wish you a lot of fun and hopefully even more miles in and on your rods!

Peter

7. Dr.Theo

Dr.Theo

i am in vietnam myself, working in HCMC formaly known as saigon. all i hope is that my project has not been sold out from underme when i get home, as has happened on other trips home, this close to the trip it just makes me worry at night

and to add to that

all the times i hear guys on here bitch aobut not being able to ge a bob's big boy burger or and in and out burger where they live, we dont have so much as a mcdonalds burger king or wendy's in this country mainly because the beef is so bad here, i have not had a burger since i was in the philipines 5 months ago, god how i miss the food

8. Dr.Theo

Dr.Theo

4 more days, i just hope i dont get the car sold out from under me