Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects I Have Too Many Cars:

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Drive Em, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Drive Em

Drive Em

How many is too many cars? I took a quick walk around my yard and snapped a few HAMB friendly cars that are waiting to be built. I don't have alot of money tied up in any of them, and I have the room to keep them, so I figure I will keep them until I can build them. Does anyone else have this problem?

This is a project I started a few years ago and is now on the back burner, it is a '64, the 351W is already done, tranny built, disc brakes installed, it has a 9", and the floors have been repaired. I need to get on this one:

[​IMG]

This is a factory 4V 289, C-4, rust free '65 Comet that was an USAF car that served time at Holloman AFB. I plan to do a nice 60's style ride with an FE and a 4 speed:
    [​IMG]

This is another '65 Comet that came with a 200, C-4 and factory air. It is also rust free and complete:
    [​IMG]

This is a '61 Falcon that is rust free, bondo free, and still wears the original paint. I got it from the original owner:
    [​IMG]

This is a '26 or '27 T coupe that is pretty decent with rust in the usual places, I have started gathering parts for this one as well:
    [​IMG]

I got this one yesterday, it is a '61 with a 292 Y-block and an overdrive 3 speed. It has rust in the usual places, but it is very restoreable. I don't even have plans for this one yet:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. You must like small and medium sized Fords.

3. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

do all those fords gang up on that chevy truck the t is sitting in at night?

4. seetz

seetz

I am willing to trade you my problems for yours. I'm in TX too, should be easy to swap them.

5. crackerass54

crackerass54
    from dallas

what number is too many?
    don't think you can have too many

Last edited: Jul 8, 2009
  6. Bosco1956

Bosco1956
    from Jokelahoma

I know I have too many.I have several projects going on right now A 55 chevy,40 Willys,34 ford 3 window,57 belair, 40 ford 36 ford..Plus I need to keep the completed cars going also.But I would not have it any other way. :D

7. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

You have too much stuff. I'll gladly come load a few up to lighten your burden. ;)

8. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

I have to say you must be a Ford guy .
    BTW , you can NEVER have too many cars & trucks !
    The one with the most toys wins ! :D

9. rixrex

rixrex

As long as you have the room and the understanding wife you can't have too many cars..in todays economy what you have is trading material!

10. slepe67

slepe67

NEVER too many cars, especially if your wife isn't yelling at you to get rid of them, and since you have the space...why not?

That USAF car would be BAD ASS all hopped up 60s style. Any way you can re-do the USAF emblem on the door? Looks like an eagle??? Drag slicks, skinnies, headers poking behind the skinnies...sigh...

I WISH we had cars like that in FL. Leave something outside like that for a week and it turns into soil. haha good luck!

11. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

my one car is a handful. if you asked my wife she would say its too many projects.

12. A Little Odd

A Little Odd

Seriously Dude. I'll help you and take either Falcon

13. 454_4_ON_THE_FLOOR

454_4_ON_THE_FLOOR
    from Selden, TX

yes you have too many projects. this is a serious problem. you should give me some of them.

14. american opel

american opel
    from ohio

you can never have too many projects! just not enough time and money!!!!

15. Jamin

Jamin
    from Australia

No such thing as having too many cars.

16. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Same sitchimitation here. Lots of projects, all kool, all cars I've always wanted, all of em needin everything. Then my dumb ass finishing another one for another dude with the same affliction...so I can get ANOTHER project I've always wanted. So I gotta ask, what's yer point? Sorta makes me think you forgot what board yer on:D

17. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

They all look like cool cars. I hate to see them sit outside in the dirt. I have seen a lot of 30s cars that were collected with great expectations and ended up as piles of rust. The owners always said I'll restore that one day. It's an easy trap to fall into. What hotrod do you drive?

18. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

the number of "how many is too many" is directly proportionate to how much land You own. I see at least 1000 square feet You don't have to mow. meaning You could get a few more in there....

19. safari-wagon

safari-wagon

Things that you can NEVER have enough of:

Money
    Nookie
    Garlic
    Hot Rod Projects

So what was your question???

20. I am glad to see that the consensus here is that you can never have too many cars.I was thinking I had too many too.But I have 30 acres to store them on so I guess our problem is that we don't have enough storage buildings.

21. goatboy

goatboy
    from kansas

he who dies with the most toys is still a dead mutha fucka

22. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

Nice to see all those Fords!

23. thayer

thayer
    from P-Hoe_Nix

that unibody f100 is sick. nice looking project for sure.

24. thayer

thayer
    from P-Hoe_Nix

on the other hand you may just be turning into that old guy on the other side of town who is goin to restore everything :)

25. Drive Em

Drive Em

Cars around here don't really rust unless they are submerged in water, as we usually have less that 8" of rain a year. I have a '27 Track T that I drive, as well as a nice '63 Ranchero, '64 Galaxie, '73 Torino and a '70 Mach I.

26. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

Yeah, I kind of have that problem, but on a smaller scale. I've got the 3 Buicks, but I don't have enough time or money for all that, so I'm selling them all and building one car that's going to be really nice.

27. I just cut loose a 27 sedan project lastnight and was happy with the extra room in the garage, not saying that space won't be taken back up shortly though

28. manyolcars

manyolcars

Out of all the cars the original poster showed in the pictures, the Model T is the only one that might turn into a traditional hotrod

29. Too many car! hell, when my wife and first got our house, she told me I had a limit of ten cars. I am down to eight right now, so I do not have enough!

30. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I have posted before that too many cars/projects is the silliest notion a man can have. If you state you don't have enough time or money then your approaching a somewhat reasonable statement. BUT............... why disregard the fact you might win the lottery or have a very rich uncle die and leave you a fortune (leaving you with the means and time for more projects) cloud your judgement when it come to adding "just one more" to the herd;):cool::).

Frank