Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cruising returns to Van Nuys Blvd

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vncruiser, Apr 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Speedy Muertito

Speedy Muertito

See you all in a few hours!!

2. CraigR

CraigR
    from California

Leaving LimeWorks in about 5 minutes - see you all soon!
    CraigR

3. elrobo818

elrobo818

Listen up!!!!

Hollywood grill will be staying open late tonight for the cruise!!!

Stop by and mention the code word "52 ford" and receive a 10% discount on your meal!!!

6310 VAN NUYS BLVD, VAN NUYS, 91401

hope to see you all there supporting this *new* local grill!

-robo

4. I hope you mean cold soda dude, you get a DUI down there we're all gonna laugh.

5. I'm gonna leave my house at about 6, stop at Arby's on Van Nuys, and eat it at Rydell's. (I'll take my trash with me)

6. Kevo62

Kevo62
    from Orlando

Hope yall have fun.. I wish I could be there. Post pics asap.

7. solid

solid

Rub it in fellas, rub it in. I'll be here in ohio waiting on photos.

8. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

Wow. That was epic.

9. Met people tonight I had not seen in decades. Cars were Cool and cruising again was hot! I gotta do it again....But man, where did all the old buildings go... Dude, someone stole the Pontiac dealership and put up a parking lot....Rydell's was jumpin and jammed with cool rides I had never seen before....Next time I really gotta remember to take pics...

10. iroc

iroc

Another fantastic night Even more cars then last month. Most did get the idea this is not a sit in this is a CRUISE and CRUISE we did .

11. cretin

cretin

Was pretty damn cool, I got my dad out there who started cruising there in '69 he loved it. Met up with some cool people, and it's really lighting a fire under my ass to get my cars on the road!
    Saw a couple of the late model mustang guys doing some dumb stuff though, hopefully it wont hurt us. I want this to keep goin!!

I know it's scheduled for every 2nd wednesday, but is it an only summer thing or no? I hope it's all year!

12. Searcher

Searcher

Too much fun cruising that big old Blvd.
    One tip north bound we had a cop behind us, a real GT40 next to us, and a Bad boy blown 55 Chevy back behind and everybody was just cruising, even the cops.
    I didn't see any problems.

13. Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. About a hundred Jap bikes showed at almost midnite. I can't imagine where they came from. We decided to leave, in hopes they don't have anything to come back to. I sure hope they didn't negate the efforts of the few who picked up a LOT of trash.

15. hopefully they don't fuck it up!

16. Idol Racing Service

Idol Racing Service

I stayed a few minutes after you did, Groucho. The bikes were leaving at that time and I didn't notice any trash. I was a little concerned about them showing up too. They did sort of get on it when they piled out. Could spell trouble if they return! I still can't believe that the local fire department had a hook 'n ladder, a pumper and an EMT vehicle cruising the blvd with us. That would never of happened back in the day!

I will sum this up by saying "Dude, I am so stoked!"

:D

17. Hip

Hip

Isn't that just cool as hell! I love the diversity in the different cars and styles out there. I was in between my buddy Jerry leaving at 3:00 and "Eryk" who ended up leaving at around 5:30 or 6:00, so i was on my own driving down, and ran into an "operator(me)Failure" My air bags dumped half way down there so i was draggin tail "liturally".
    Then on the Bulv. i guess maybe i was cruising a little to much cause my radiator hose started hissing at me through a penny sized hole. Lucky when i make hour trips from i stock up on "just maybe supplies so i had a short piece of rad hose that worked to get me back home.
    Again, that was just tooooo cool, can't wait for the next one.
    Oh, and i did take videos , i just gotta edit them. Hip

18. Hip

Hip

Oh Eryk, good seeing you again, and i'll shoot you the list of cruises in the AV.

19. 55belairx2

55belairx2
    from California

20. vncruiser

vncruiser
    BANNED

Thanks everyone for another successful cruise night. With an even larger turn out, we are experiencing some growing pains in the parking lot, but the amount of people cruising grew to where it actually looked like a CRUISE night....More people cruising and hanging at the local eateries...Great!. And we were live on the internet...
    I especially want to thank the people who stayed late to help clean up...Great job! Without the volunteers we would not be able to keep having use of the Rydell lot...And last but not least, a big thanks to MCM who designed the logo for the t-shirts....
    See you all again on August 12!

21. febail

febail
    from Van Nuys

Thanks to all for making it a great night. Great stories, old friends & fun!

Grouch, I think you've got a group af guys for the next Tulare/Fresno trip...

See you all August 12th and the second Wednesday of the month till they stop us from showing up...

Maybe we'll get another 20 year run! Then it wont matter!

22. rev106

rev106

Good times, see you all on the 18th?

[​IMG]

23. Hell, I got home at 12.30, bounced around til 2AM, went to sleep, and woke up to the thought of last night at 5.30AM! And I don't have to work today. I should be dragging pretty good by this afternoon. And lovin it. Now that we did this on Wednesday, we need to bring back Saturday night behind B o A street racing. THAT would be the fucking "shit"! STUGOTS motha fockas!!!!!!!!!! Hey Got'cha, I got to see Harlen (Super Jew)and a few other "ghosts" from the past. Harlen obviously looks older, but I reckognized him right away. So, I guess time's been pretty easy on the dude. Also, some dude in his "Race ?" jacket. I wish I'd gotten one back then

24. Last night really was reminiscent of the old days. I went for a cruise in the Vette about a mile up to Jack in the Box, where CraigR's 40 was already at the curb. Soon after that, my buddy Ray pulled in with his 32, then R. Seghi's 55, my buddy John in his truck, then a few cars from the Starlite Kustoms crew......................................................

THAT'S the way it "was" back then. Really good to hear from some of the younger guys that have heard about this for YEARS from their Dads, and now finally "got it".

[​IMG][/IMG]

25. vncruiser

vncruiser
    BANNED

The guy with the Race? jacket was "AMC Dave"...I talked to him for quite some time and he was lovin' every minute of it....Only regret was that he no longer has a car to bring out....he was one of the original members like Gotcha, Harlan and others....
    Gotta get my jacket out of the closet for next time....

26. nitronut3

nitronut3
    from SoCal

Great time last night. Good to see people & cars that haven't been around in years. Lets hope this goes on and on!! Thank you's to Rydel for the use of the parking lot and to all that made it happen!BTW I asked a couple Cops what they thought. And they said They LOVED IT. "Great cars, great people and it's just what we need to escape these hard times rt now"

Last edited: Jul 9, 2009
  27. ethelkilledfred

ethelkilledfred
    from So Cal

Had a blast, took me back in time.

28. lownslow

lownslow

anyone have pics from last night ?

29. Gasser1961

Gasser1961
    BANNED

Very cool night, my Dad taked about Van Nuys back in the day. I'm looking forward to next time. Thanks to all the guys who worked so hard to get this going.

30. tonys18t

tonys18t

:) How cool was that!

Great job Reid and everyone else involved in setting this up. Got a lot of cool pics, ( thanks all for not running that crazy bastid over standing in the street taking pics , lol ). i'll try to get so posted up tonight.

...lets get more people off those chairs and on the Blvd next time;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.