Register now to get rid of these ads!

crazy old man with alot of old cheap iron

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ltex old iron, Jul 7, 2009.

1. ltex old iron

ltex old iron
    BANNED

ok i guess its time to share one of my honeyholes with yall texas guys..for a couple of years i been going to this old man in cuero, tx his name is roy buchorn..he has a place right ouside of cuero on 87 on the left hand side if you are going north..you can see alot of his old junk sittnig out there but off in the trees are alot of good 1920s and up car trucks and parts

this guy is really cheap i bought a 37 chevy coupe from him for 20 bucks
    a 39 dodge cab and a 35 ford cab from him and paid a total of 50 dollars for all three things...and he even loaded them up with his tractor..he just says he wants a little more than scrap price for his stuff...

but beware this old man is about 70 years old and drunk all the time...you have to try to keep up with him hes quick and will leave you lost in the brush..i know he still had some good stuff there i have just gotten what i wanted already so i am passing the info on...he has alot of model t parts and a parts and early chevy parts...he has a real nice 40 chevy tudor all complete and he wanted 100 bucks for it..a 1929 duplex truck with title and he wanted 40 bucks for it...

just letting yall know maybe there is something there that some of you needed..but i do know people have been going there since i started going so alot of it may be picked through...

just may be the part there that someone is looking for...the early bodies are gone but alot of parts left..

Last edited: Jul 8, 2009
  2. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

3. Pm me his info then delete this thread please...

4. Von Hartmann

Von Hartmann

Same here

5. 21tat

21tat

6. Just did a mapquest- a little too for from GA...

Does he have any '28-'29 Chevrolet stuff???

Or a '23 Olds engine? :D

7. DMFB

DMFB

Looks like I'll be takin a small road trip, haha. Thanks for the post man! There is a guy off 204 outside of Jacksonville that is pretty cheap....but not that cheap!

8. Hillbilly Werewolf

Hillbilly Werewolf

This must be some sort of cruel joke. Now you have me thinking of getting a second job and driving 18+ hours. Not funny.

9. KreaturesCCaustin

KreaturesCCaustin
    from Austin, TX

Man, it's road trip time!!!! Quick, who has a trailer I can borrow???

10. ltex old iron

ltex old iron
    BANNED

the road the man lives on is von haefen road...i just found it on google maps too..

11. poofus1929

poofus1929
    from So Cal

Does he have any t roadster bodies?

12. seetz

seetz

hey that's only 1 hour and 21 minutes south! I can take orders if anyone needs something, that an idea? pm me, I got a pretty big shopping cart :)

13. Buy it before some scrap dealer finds him.

14. James427

James427
    BANNED

Well if somebody DOES go out there, will ya' just take a few pictures for us geographically challenged???

15. oj

oj

Anybody here know how to do the satilite view thing? That would be the ticket.
    I'll go and represent everybody here, you can trust me, right? Right?

16. Crey

Crey
    from Tejas

According to Google, he's a bail bondsman out of Victoria.

17. dyoung

dyoung
    from Goliad, TX

I went out there today but nobody was around. I went four different times. I couldn't see many cars from the road but I tell that there was stuff back there. I'm gonna try to get back over there early in the morning tomorrow. Maybe I can catch him before he runs off. I am wondering if he goes to work or if he is at the little beer joint a mile from his house.

18. ltex old iron

ltex old iron
    BANNED

dyoung..he drives a silver dodge 3/4 ton truck and he doesnt work he does go to that little beer joint all day everyday...i have only been able to catch him during the evening hours close to dark..the cars that i have seen are off in the trees..but ask him about mommas house..because he has more stuff up the road at mommas house he will take you there if its a day he needs to visit her anyway...she must be 100 years old..

and sorry no t roadster bodies i know a buddy in cuero who does have one though..

i dont know what this old man has left i havent been there in about a year or more theres a guy in cuero who buys up whatever he can find who has been making trips out there i know so pickins may be slim but i know theres gotta be something there that someone can use...

19. Thorkle Rod

Thorkle Rod

I'm still looking for some fenders that cost under the national debt, I'll take them in any condition

20. is there anything left or have you all scooped it up ?

21. ltex old iron

ltex old iron
    BANNED

all i have otten was a 37 chevy coupe a 35 ford pickup cab and a 39 dodge cab..when i picked those things up there was alot of stuff left but that was over a year ago...

22. ltex old iron

ltex old iron
    BANNED

id say to you guys who have alot of distance between this place and you it wouldnt be worth your time because there is nothing amazing there just a place for some of the closer guys to walk through and find some stuff they have been needing...thats just my opinion though..as hard as it is to find these things nowadays id say its a good place to have found but not as great as alot of finds some of you other guys have found on here..just my thoughts..

23. Any chance you can get some pictures of what's left?

24. chad

chad

Wanna sell your 37 chev coupe LOL ??

25. dyoung

dyoung
    from Goliad, TX

I finally found that crazy old man. He was just as drunk as you said he would be. He didn't want to take me back in there lookin' around tonight because he has been on the sauce a little to much today. He also told me that he is a late evening kind of guy and not to come out during the day. He doesn't actually live at the house that has all the junk. He lives a few miles down the road. Needless to say, I still don't know whats hiding in those trees. Also, he seems like the kind of guy that wouldn't really go for any picture taking.

26. ltex old iron

ltex old iron
    BANNED

yeah dyoung you found the right guy...i doubt hed be up for and pics also...i guess his momma died and he ended up moving a few miles down the road into her house..