Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage TexasHardcore= California Virgin

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TexasHardcore, Jul 7, 2009.

1. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

Thanks guys. I'm sure I'll give the In & Out a try, everyone I know talks about it. I'll probably be there in the middle of the week, so there will be nothing exiting going on, but it'd be nice to do something other than hang around in the hotel or get lost in the wrong neighborhood trying to find something to do. When I get more info on the trip, I'll have a better idea of what I can go do and where I'll be.

2. BELLM

BELLM

Whats the new job?

3. turdchazer

turdchazer
    Member Emeritus
    from Spokane

Last edited: Jul 7, 2009
  4. turdchazer

turdchazer
    Member Emeritus
    from Spokane

5. ArtGeco

ArtGeco
    from Miami

Am i on the Food Network forum? What just happened?

6. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I dunno but just looking at the crap posted I would never ever concider eating any of it. Looks like absolute shit! I feel ill.
    Doc.

7. cafekid

cafekid

dude pacioma????????? im sorry bro but they are sending you to shitsville..... no offence to those that live there but really its the barrio of the san fernando valley

8. Your not to far from Bobs Big Boy in Toluca Lake. Every friday nite is cruise nite. That would be worth checkin it out.
    Thats if your not going to try all the food places the guys are recommending. In Pacoima you'll get more.Your gonna trip on all the Carne Asada(I know Texans call it Fajitas) taco stands on every corner. Not only taco's! You'll find Hotdogs wrapped in bacon, Grilled corn on a stick,Ice cream,etc, etc.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2009
  9. In & Out?? Sorry but to me that’s just another fast food chain with a nice hat.
    Never have understood the fascination and I think I used to eat at one of the first ones, out in San Fernando Valley right off the 405 about 35 yrs ago.
    Many, many great places to eat in So.Cal. look for the mom & pop joints, either burgers or Mexican food and you'll be well fed, we have lost all the independents in our area to the chains, but I know there are still survivors in the south, you should try to get to the NHRA museum while you still can. and of course the beach, Hermosa, Redondo, etc. I miss the beaches,

10. Lucky Burton

Lucky Burton

Whats with all the food/restraunts response???

You should hit up the Peterson Museum and the NHRA museum if possible. There is a ton of cool shops here to see... Alot of Hamb guy's have shops in So.Cal.
    Call me If you need some Phone numbers or address's
    Lucky
    323-356-6047

11. Call Lucky.....he's dreamy!

12. James Maxwell

James Maxwell
    from So-Cal

14. cracker head

cracker head

He also has some bitchen stuff laying around the shop.

15. Muttley

Muttley

I may die early but at least I'll die happy and with a full stomach. :p You on the other hand can live to be 112 and continue to munch on roots, twigs and granola. ;) :D

16. KreaturesCCaustin

KreaturesCCaustin
    from Austin, TX

Jeremy, I used to live in California (although it was only for a year). One thing you have to do for sure; Go to West Hollywood around midnight on a Saturday wearing tight pants and a silk shirt tied up at the waist. Let me know how that goes for ya. :D

17. James Maxwell

James Maxwell
    from So-Cal

Are y'all speaking from experience? :eek:

18. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

Hell,if TexasHardcore can make it down to my work in Redlands,CA while he's out here,we have some amazing food,and a notorious 2 pound Angus burger called the Capone(The meat is 2 pounds alone).

19. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Dude! Close but I don't even know what granola is, I do however like to root and the twigs? You gotta put the snake on something when cooking.
    I don't eat real healthy anymore, I don't have to keep fit but just looking at those things turns my stomach!
    Doc.

20. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

I don't know why food is so important to you guys, but thanks for the tips. There's a Wienerschnitzel about 3 miles from my house, so I won't be missing that.

I'd like to visit the Peterson & NHRA museum, hit up a few shops, shoot the shit with some fellas, etc. Lucky, I'll be calling you, thanks.

Pacoima is where the manufacturing center is, so that's where I'll be, but the hotel will probably be between there and LAX.

21. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

22. Hardcore, our traffic is terrible out here. Try to stay as close to work as you can. Then you'll have time to eat all the recomendations...

When your visit gets closer, post again. You'll want some of us locals to show you where the best beaches, eats and car stuff are. Being from Texas, you probably won't be impressed by our take on BBQ. Unless you hit up Dr Hogly Wogly's Tyler Texas BBQ. That's some real good Q.

Lots of shops to see. A couple of world class auto museums. As soo as you get your dates figgered out, make an appointment to tour the Nethercutt museum. Truly one of the best you'll ever experience.

If you're here when El Mirage is on, you gotta do that, too.

Hopefully the Michael Jackson memorials will be over by then. One can hope...

23. The guy is looking for a friend to show him the truth about So-Cal and all we get here is food. I would step up and show you around but I'm a bit north. So is anyone going to show up and show him around town or just let him sit in a hotel California dreaming? Someone here has to be up for a trip around in say to Santa Monica or Venice Beach. Don't just tell him to try this offer it up to take him to the Petersen or to the Nethercutt http://www.nethercuttcollection.org/. all but the Petersen are free to get in so it wont cost you a dime to show it to him, just a bit of your time. And if you took him in your ride even better. Come on and Step up, someone here is off work and looking for a good time with their ride, taking shit and being a good host. If you get north look me up send me a pm and Ill show up. Useless

24. KreaturesCCaustin

KreaturesCCaustin
    from Austin, TX

He's probably not worried about traffic. He drives in Austin all the time. I've driven in both. They're about the same. Hey, Jeremy, see if your company will spring for another ticket. I'll show ya around. I could use the vacation. haha

25. 21tat

21tat

I agree with gettin an In N Out burger animal style! Awesome. If you get a chance, check out the beach, any beach. I grew up in Texas and practically lived at the beach. Never knew beaches could be so nice 'til I got to California. Truly the best beaches in the world. Lotta nice cars there, too.

26. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

yeah - what Lucky said.

Still, there is something really damn special about a good burger.

27. PM me when you arrive and I'll tell you where to find good music, like they have in Austin.

28. bigds54

bigds54
    from Sun Valley

29. 54BOMB

54BOMB

if your in Redlands Id also suggest Rosa Marias, meat, rice and chesse, mmmm, best burrito ever.

30. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

Nice cars sure, but for the best beaches you need to go to the Carribbean.