Register now to get rid of these ads!

"miss san pedro" In Illinois? couldnt be! could it?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by showrod, Jul 6, 2009.

1. What was the ol Ms. San Pedro running for power? Since the car was built in the end of the early Kustom years (1954 or 55 I think) did it have a flathead or did Dave change it to a overhead?

2. Cyclebilly

Cyclebilly
    from Chicago

I did some work on this car as seen in the link to that other post. those pics are in front of my shop. My buddy Bill built this car... he's 72 yrs old and still builds 1-2 cars at a time every year for the last 50 years or so... he rules.. anyway.. he has built many mercs and he told me he has always wanted to build a semi clone of the Bugrain merc.. which he did.. He has never claimed nor will he ever claim that its the original Barris car.. just a tribute to the original..

hopefully one day the original will show up

BOBBY

3. Cruiser, do you know if the any of previous owners made any changes to the car over the years? I understand you don't want to give to much info out so no one scoops you on finding, but this board is far reaching, all over the world. If there were changes we could know about, someone might spot it at a show somewhere near them. The current owner may not even know of the cars pedigree.
    Good luck on your quest...

4. DE SOTO

DE SOTO

Notice the Window frames are different also, Original has a "Post" & the New one has more hard top look with no post on the Glass.

5. TinWolf

TinWolf
    from Sweden

The Bugarin Merc was a built littlebit after the main classic custom mercs but what a neat design , clearly a major inspiration for todays merc builders . The -54-55 Packard taillights are just brilliant . As for comparing it to "the Clone" you missed the large ?skirt on the clone , Bugarins Merc looks like its downward extended -49-50 Mercury skirts , pretty bould since by then Hirohata merc and Gene Winfields had flairs . The picture where Dave stands beside his Merc in the best Sam Barris maner is a true joy seeing its owner beside his finished full custom Merc . This Merc needs to be found and restored or cloned in a more meticules way as one of the fantastic full custom mercs ................

Attached Files:

6. Cruiser

Cruiser

JeffSled - It had always run a stock Flathead and was never changed after it disappeared from the last owner who knows.

CRUISER :cool:

7. Cruiser

Cruiser

rustygem - There were no changes to the Merc as far as the overall look.

8. Cruiser

Cruiser

** If, anyone has any information on the Bugrain Merc that's a rumor or otherwise PM me and lets talk. **

9. Cruiser

Cruiser

Cyclebilly - Nice work on Bill's cool tribute to the Bugrain Merc. :D

10. How far did you trace the Burgarin Merc? Seems like it disappeared in the 70's.

11. Cyclebilly

Cyclebilly
    from Chicago

Thanks alot!!

12. the cut out at the quarter panel at the taillight is different as well.

13. consider the eyes peeled :eek:

14. Cruiser

Cruiser

Pro Stock John - Your right, am in the mid 70's..........!

15. Cruiser

Cruiser

rustygem - The overall look stayed the same, Dave did change the headlights from single to quads and scallops. This version can be seen on Rik Hoving site.

16. dj bugarin

dj bugarin

Its nice to see all the intrest everyone still has in my dad's car. I wish I knew where the car ended up.